Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

RE: Empties

September empties! Some of the things that I really honestly disliked, I didn't even use up. I couldn't force myself to continue using these products. The things that I do love, are all past faves!

Does the sol de jeneiro cream actually work?

Yes! It smells amazing and I definitely felt like my skin was softer and more firm. It had a glow to it, like a healthy skin glow. @StephanieDang

@condyvonlovely what jo malone scent was that

I wanna say it was the English Pear scent, but I'm not entirely sure @KNC24

Re: Empties

I don't have any more room in my Empties bag so I have to post them now.  Here's August/September. Loves:Christophe robin hair scrub, dry bar hot toddy, glamglow, boire uv, touch in sol stretch mascaraLoves:Christophe robin hair scrub, dry bar hot toddy, glamglow, boire uv, touch in sol stretch mascara

IMG_4860.JPG

Loves: bite lip wipes, briogeo conditioning mask.Loves: bite lip wipes, briogeo conditioning mask.

RE: Re: Empties

That's a lot of foils 😮

RE: Re: Empties

That's impressive! @heartsmyface

Re: RE: Re: Empties

Thanks.  I've been systematically working my way through things I was not too fond of and had shoved in the back of my cupboards at our last house.  A lot of it was half used to begin with so it looks like I used more than I did.  I am now starting to delve into products I actually like.  @cindyvonlovely

@heartsmyface WOW I love this- your empties are inspiring me to go through my stash. I want to have as many foil empties as you haha 😄

Lol, the foils are easier than they look!  I just do a few days of using a sample from every category- wash, face cream, body lotion, shampoo etc... they add up really fast.  @ohheyitscindyk  It helps that they're right by my sink in the washroom so I don't forget to use them:)

July/August Empties:

Please feel free to ask any questions, I'm too tired to go into full reviews but maybe some stand outs. 

Loved, will or already have repurchased.IMG_6357.JPG

I'm still trying to figure out how much of the Alpha Skincare Body Lotion to use without it feeling heavy but it's a good body exfoliant. Second tube of the L'Oreal Brow Plumber, it's perfect for my dark eyebrows with my highlighted blonde hair. I really want to try the Boy Brow and see what the big fuss is about first.

Meeehh... izzzz alright, iz alright.IMG_6352.JPGI always have a lot of mehs for some reason. I just don't have strong feelings for any of these items. The Nars foundation, Drunk Elephant Eye Cream, L'Oreal Micellar water are good products, nothing amazing for me. I won't run out to buy them but they ended up in my collection somehow again, I would use them.  The Shikai Eye Cream sadly went bad, so I used it on my legs... I think I probably should buy it again to give it a fair chance but I'm going through a phase where I don't think eye creams are necessary. 

Not for me, pass.

IMG_6353.JPG

I actually I used up a bronzer. This was Sunny Bunny from the Too Faced Bonjour Soleil palette... from 2014! I cannot believe it's been 3 years. It's a bit orangey on my complexion so that's why it is a pass. 

All of the things, looks like it was a good amount for the past two months! IMG_6354.JPG

All of the makeup... being on a no buy and shopping my collection is really making me work through some items. I do have a teeeny bit of the NARS foundation in a smaller bottle. I really realize how fortunate I am to have a decent sized collection but I'm definitely falling in a rut with my makeup! I've even stopped wearing lipstick, I'm just bored with everything I have... I like using the items up but I want some new items. I'm tempted to break my no buy but I must resist. 😄 

IMG_6356.JPG

Ha, I have chocolate radar!!!   All I'm looking at is that yummy looking chocolate tart with what looks like a rum ball inside.  Annnnd this is why I'm not losing the baby weight.  @dziggi

@heartsmyface Hehehe, so when I got that candle I was like "ohhh chocolate yes" then saw it was a candle. Disappointed. 

July and August together. Looks like I did pretty good job - 88 pieces 🙂

Loves, tried for the first time. Bioderma and Bio-essence mask are fantastic.

IMG_20170903_172523892.jpg

Loves, tried before:

IMG_20170903_172832463.jpg

IMG_20170903_173145606.jpg

Meh - nothing special:

IMG_20170903_173410035.jpg

Hates - didn`t finish:

IMG_20170903_173256912.jpg

And and I have some samples from travel.

Loves:

IMG_20170808_095030116.jpg

IMG_20170808_095245162.jpg

And I don`t know - nothing special:

IMG_20170808_095335087.jpg

My first time keeping track of empties! I'm excited to be able to look back and see what I have used in the past. No makeup this time, but I should have some good products to show for next time. Here are my empties for August 2017:

Loved it (will repurchase):

Loved it.Loved it.Just ok.Just ok.Disliked it (will not repurchase)Disliked it (will not repurchase) 

I tried to write an empties post at the end of July, but I don't think it ever went through. So these are my empties for both July and August!

Full Sizes

atelier cologne sud magnolia (rollerball) - this is one of my favorite summer perfumes, and I will be purchasing again!

elizabeth & james bourbon dry shampoo (travel size) - already re-purchased a full size

cerave hydrating cleanser - always re-purchase

lancome hypnose drama mascara

yes to carrots c me smile lip butter in carrot

Deluxe Samples

drybar mai tai spritzer sea salt spray

clinique high impact mascara

smashbox x-rated mascara - does anyone else hate this wand?

l’occitane dry skin hand cream

l’occitane essential water

l’occitane jasmine & bergamot body wash

urban decay eye shadow primer potion - already have a full size waiting for me

Little Samples

first aid beauty facial cleanser

philosophy purity facial cleanser

garnier whole blends illuminating conditioner

hask argan repairing conditioner

atelier cologne orange sanguine

IMG_0282.JPG

I didn't finish up too much this month

Loves

Spoiler
Josie Maran Daily Moisturizer SPF 47- This is good for the summer but I need more moisture for winter I think.
Nars All Day Luminous Powder Foundation Siberia- This has light coverage, Which is what I like and didn't make my skin look dry.

Spoiler
Too Cool For School- I need to use this more but so far so good. This past week the area around my mouth was especially dry and it was taken care of overnight with this.
Marc Jacobs Oh, Lola!- My one gripe with this is the staying power.
Cake Heavy Cream- I've come to realize that I really prefer this as a foot cream.

Nope

Spoiler
Too Faced BTS Waterproof- After a few hours it starts to flake. It looks super pretty but I need something to last at least 12 hours.

I really want to try that coconut mask!  I love their body scrub and body oil!  @suzyo

@heartsmyface I'm working my way through a tube of that scrub right now! I like it but I don't think I love it. I wanna try that oil body wash. I think I might buy it during the November sale.

Hmmm, maybe dont use it all up before you get the chance to use them together.  I like the combined effect.  

There are much better scrubs out there.  If you're looking for something super awesome (like a full body peel) try the Dermadoctor KP duty body Scrub!  You're only supposed to use it once a week but it is my all time favorite!  It's a combo chemical and physical exfoliator!  You dry scrub it on and rinse it off right away @suzyo.

It's on my Holy Expletive this Expletive is amazing list!  

2 Replies
testing