Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

My May empties consisted of a lot of foils and some DS and even a couple of FS items. I was inspired by all the great posts in this thread and made a conscious effort to get through all those samples that I have accumulated😂

IMG_3322.JPG

Spoiler
I enjoyed using most of these items and  would repurchase.
Loves:
Hourglass Ambient Lighting powder in Diffused Light
Bioderma micellar water
Caudalie micellar water
Amore Pacific Future Response Age Defense cream and serum
Fresh Sugar Lip in Rose
The Chemistry Pro Repair hand cream
Algenist Genius cream
Algenist Genius Vitamin C serum

IMG_3429.JPG

Spoiler
Meh: 
Dr Dennis Gross C + Collagen serum- didn't really see any changes in my skin
Consonant eye cream- the dry texture made it difficult to blend into my skin, it was just odd. 
Shu Uemura Tsuya cream- super strong fragrance that I couldn't get used to.

April and May empties together - 51 piece. I think I did pretty good job, cause many of them are full-size.

So, my loves (tried them before).

IMG_20170601_155951896.jpg

Loves - new discoveries. Very excited about SHU UEMURA, MIO and MOROCCANOIL

IMG_20170601_160354834.jpg

Llikes

IMG_20170601_160541084.jpg

MEH/Nothing special

IMG_20170601_160650462.jpg

HELL NO/never again

IMG_20170601_160759198.jpg

Shu Uemera has just fabulous products. I am absolutely in love with their cleansing oils. Those PTR dots are awesome, too. I just tried them a couple weeks ago with low expectations, and was very pleasantly surprised. I'm curious about the Malin + Goetz, now. Erno Laszlo has a bi-phase peel that I love, it's one of my faves, but I haven't tried anything else by Laszlo (no particular reason why not)... @Sansara Gald you found some loves!!❤️👍🏻 I haven't even opened the Grande lip plumper, lol. Not even interested at all. Still curious, though, hahaha, what didn't you like?IMG_2610.JPG

@ClassicallyFab Malin + Goetz making skincare for people with very sensitive skin, which works for me perfectly (they are suitable for people with eczema, rosacea, acne etc). Just simple good things (I love cleanser and vitamin e moisturizer).

I don`t like lip plumpers - I`m trying all of them, but they are the same. Sticky gloss with lip burning effect 😞 Meh, no 😞

Every month in 2017 thus far I've used 26 products, my mini goal for May was to use up 30.  I overachieved and had 45 empties and 10 declutters! My goal for June is to use 40, I've finally got some space in my day to day areas having used up a number of already opened products, now I'm moving on to stashed samples.

IMG_5569.JPG

LOVES

IMG_5570.JPG

Spoiler
Spoiler
The Batiste dry shampoo is my favourite from the drug store.  I prefer the tropical scent but will buy whatever is on sale.  I've already repurchased Beach Walk in the travel and full size. I'll need to move down to a paler shade of the Too Faced foundation, but like it quite a bit.  I've got a few to finish and that I'd like to try so it'll be a bit but I can see myself re purchasing. I've yet to find a better pore filler than porefessional. The MUFE loose powder is great, I have a full size. The KS exfolikate was nice, not a scent I normally gravitate to, but I enjoyed using this every now and again to scrub. Pore Strips just feel so satisfying to me.  The DE peeked bar was a travel size, I like having a none liquid cleanser for travel and this does the job nicely. The scent here was YSL Black Opium, I like sweeter fragrances and will use the certificate from a SDM perfume sampler pack to pick this up in full size. Will be great for winter/fall.

LIKES WELL ENOUGH

IMG_5568.JPG

Spoiler
Everything here was okay, nothing exciting, no real wow factor.  I'd use the, all again, but certainly won't be going out of my way to purchase. The crest wire strips I'm on the fence about, I don't think I noticed any real whitening, but I'm willing to give them another try with a sale price.

NOT FOR ME

IMG_5567.JPG

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
I'm not big on using oils, I know they have a lot of benefits, but I'm just not into them as of yet, I ended up using the nude oil on my elbows. The la neige sleeping mask just felt like I had something on my face all night, and I woke up with a few small blemishes whenever I used this. I'll start with the two primer samples by saying I'm not really looking for a luminizing primer.  I felt both of these left me looking a little greasy and they didn't help my makeup lay better or last longer. The KVD concealer is just too heavy for me. I much prefer the tarte shape tape or UD concealer.  I used this up on areas of my face other than under eye and it did conceal, but I'd rather one tube that can do my entire face.

DE CLUTTERS

IMG_5571.JPG

Spoiler
Spoiler
The BBW lotion smelled great when I bought it, now not so much, granted it's been a few years lol. The Burts Bees lotion was separated and smelled off as well. A bunch of old chap sticks. An ointment that had dried up I used on small burns (I work in professional kitchens). The Burberry fragrance is at least 7 years old and simply had no fragrance left to the liquid.

I love Beach 🌊 Walk, too! So pretty.

May Empties

May 2017 Empties.jpg

Spoiler
Staples/Repurchases/products not new to me
-Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gioia Body Mist
-Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom & Honey body lotion
-Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom & Honey Cologne
-Jo Malone Earl Grey & Cucumber Cologne
-Ren Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask
-Hylamide SubQ Anti-Age
-Josie Maran Argan Oil
-Hylamide SubQ Eyes
-Algenist Ultimate Anti-aging Eye Cream
-Ren Hydra-Calm Cleansing Milk
-Tata Harper Regenerating Cleanser
-Nugg Hydrating Face Mask
-Shiseido Facial Cotton
-Tony Moly Propolis Sheet Mask
-Tony Moly Lemon Sheet Mask
-Tony Moly Tomato Sheet Mask

May 2017 Empties 2.jpg

Spoiler
Likes-would repurchase
-Drunk Elephant Lala Retro Whipped Cream
-Botanic Farm Salmon Egg Hydrogel Eye Patches
-Vivant Skin Care Exfol-A Forte
-Goodal Moisture Barrier Cream
-Karuna Anti-Oxidant Face Mask
-Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum
-Goodal Moisture Barrier Eye Cream
-Ren Ulta Moisture Day Cream
-Murad Hydro-Dynamic Quenching Essence
(my 2nd deluxe sample-will definitely repurchase)
-Goodal Moisture Barrier Liquid

May 2017 Empties 3.jpg

Spoiler
1st two rows-just ok 
-PTR Un-Wrinkle 24k Gold Intense Wrinkle Sheet Mask
-SpaLife Avocado Facial Mask
-Alba Botanica Hawaiian Detox Sheet Mask
-In.gredients Greek Yogurt Cream Mask
-Sephora Ultimate Warming Cleanser
-Perricone MD Blue Plasma Cleansing Treatment
-Yes to Blueberries Eye Firming Treatment
-GlamGlow Thirstycleanse Hydrating Cleanser
-Hylamide Low-Molecular HA
-Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser

3rd Row-dislikes
-PTR 24k Gold Pure Luxury Cleansing Butter
-First Aid Beauty Eye Duty Triple Remedy Overnight Balm
-Sephora Collection Rose Sleeping Mask
-NIOD Flavanone Mud

I spy lots of skin care goodies!  Love a good sheet mask.

May Empties! Getting closer and closer to my goal of 50 each month. This month I had 45 empties - my YTD total has reached 201! Woohoo!!

Loves

Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 5.17.32 PM.png

Spoiler
Neutrogena Makeup Remover towelettes - I don't normally buy any makeup or skincare from the drugstore, but these wipes have made me question that. They work much better than a lot of high-end wipes that I've tried
Urban Decay Meltdown Makeup Remover - the only eye makeup remover I'll use
Briogeo Scalp Revival Shampoo - already bought the full size. My hair felt great afterwards, and it's great for oily scalp/dandruff
Urban Decay De-Slick Setting Powder - I always repurchase this, it's great for setting and mattifying
L'Occitane Almond Body Lotion - mostly love it for the smell!
Sephora Collection Tinted Brow Freeze (Shade 3) - really good for days when I'm too lazy to fill in my brows with a pencil, lol. I noticed these were on sale the other day, I bought a bunch for $5 each while I could!
Sunday Riley CEO Moisturizer - loved the feel of this! It's expensive so I'd only purchase when I've gotten through some of my older moisturizers
Algenist Optical Illuminating Moisturizer - again, it's expensive, but I REALLY love this. It's my favorite illuminating moisturizer I've tried - the color is so nice, it gives a great shiny pink base. Will consider purchasing when I've used some other products up
Boscia Sake Treatment Water - this was a really nice first moisturizing step. My skin felt really nice when I was using it, and I think it did help my serums and moisturizers sink in to my skin better
OGX Fight Fallout Niacin & Caffeine Shampoo and Conditioner - my hair felt really nice after using these! I only used them once so I have no idea if they really help with fallout, but since that's a concern for me, I bought full sizes of both and am going to try those out
Lancome Renergie Lift Multi-Action x2 - my skin felt really nice using this!

Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 5.17.16 PM.png

Spoiler
Sephora Collection Lotus Face Mask
Ole Henriksen Grease Relief cleansing wipes
Tata Harper Repairative Moisturizer
Philosophy Fresh Cream 3-in-1
Drunk Elephant TLC Framboos Glycolic Night Serum
Burberry Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid Base
Peter Thomas Roth 24K Prism Cream
Pinrose Wild Child EDP wipe
Laura Gellar Spackle Tinted Primer
Julep Hydrating Cleansing Oil
Japonesque Velvet Touch Primer
YSL Mon Paris
L'Occitane Hand Cream
FAB Ultra Repair Cream
Tarte Rainforest of the Sea skin mist
Clinique DDML+
Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter
Matrix Biolage Color Last Conditioner
Oribe Gold Lust dry shampoo
Keranique Hair Regrowth Treatment
Fave 4 Twice as Thick Thickening Cream
FAB Pure Skin Face Cleanser
Clarisea Rapid Detox Charcoal Face Exfoliant
Clarins UV Plus sunscreen
Jack Black The Stick lip balm
Jack Black Natural Mint & Shea Butter Lip Balm
Ouai Treatment Masque
Maui Moisture Heal & Hydrate Shea Butter hair mask

Dislikes

Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 5.17.02 PM.png

Spoiler
Laura Gellar Glamlash mascara - I've very picky about mascaras. Just didn't do anything for me
Benefit Roller Lash mascara - again, didn't do anything for my lashes besides a little bit of definition
Philosophy Time in a Bottle serum - didn't work well on my skin, it kind of balled up as I tried to rub it in into my face. Definitely didn't go well with my moisturizer
Soap & Glory Hand Food - I've used this product before and liked it. However, this bottle had obviously gone bad or something - it was chunky and watery. I didn't receive it that long ago either. Very weird!

I love the Algenist Illuminating moisturizer, too. It had really mixed reviews, and I hesitated buying it, but goodness, I could wear that with no foundation and look nice. I feel like the jar has so much product, lol, I don't know when I'll get through it. I was sent an SK-II illuminating moisturizer that I'm dying to try, and I feel like it's going to take forever to get to it, lol! It's nice to know that the De-Slick is good. So many powders disappoint. I may pick that up once I get through a few of my powders. @maddieb25

May Empties!

IMG_1793.JPG

Top is YESES

Spoiler
YTTP Age Prevention & Firming Serum - this is one of those status quo products for me. Do I look younger? No. Did it make my skin bright and firm? Yes

PMD Moderate disc - a constant repurchase

Odacite Jo+L - another constant repurchase, I use this every single day

Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Brows & Lashes - loved both of these. The Lashes is one of my favourite mascaras, and I really love the simplicity of the brows, though I dislike how small the product is.

Mahalo The Unveil - an absolutely gorgeous cleanser. My wallet will cry when I finally purchase a full size.

Leaves of Trees Lavender Tangerine deoderant - a natural deo that smells nice and works well. I dislike their FS packaging but the product actually works so I can't complain.

Mahalo The Bean - a lovely detoxifying but hydrating mask.  My favourite new mask of 2017 - it plumps my skin and leaves it feeling so silken. Already repurchased.

NARS Soft Velvet loose powder - I use this mostly in my t-zone but it does what it says and looks natural.

Middle is MEH/UNDECIDED

Spoiler
Odacite CAR - I never buy this. I always end up with bottles of it from GWP and every time I finish one, I still can't decide if I want to continue.  It doesn't do anything bad, but I still don't know if it does enough good.

Body Shop Cocoa Butter Body Butter - maybe I got a bad batch or maybe they've reformulated, but it seemed a lot thinner textured than it used to be.  Wasn't a fan.

Blithe Vital Treatment Nourishing Beans - I've tried a few different essence type products over the years and I think I'm still of the mind that I don't need them in my routine.  The Beans are nice, but I don't think I'll repurchase.

DDG Ferulic + Retinol Peel - I haven't used these consistently enough to form an opinion.

Bottom is NOPENOPENOPE

Spoiler
Leaves of Trees Persian Lime deodorant - Persian Lime sounds like it would be really nice, right? Well it is for about 5 minutes. Then the coriander (which I neglected to notice in the INCI list) takes over and makes me smell like curry and BO.  No thanks.

Odacite Green Tea Mint Purifying Toner - I just don't like this. If I used it on my face, the mint would irritate my skin.  To finish it up I ended up using it in my hair and on the back of my neck when I needed to cool down.

Thinner Body Shop cream?! No! That would be so disappointing. I love their limited edition blueberry one. Bought 3 back ups, hahaha. @Mochapj

@ClassicallyFab it really was 😞

It was the weirdest thing - I really wonder if I got part of a bad batch.

@Mochapj Did you call them about it? I'm curious what they'll say. I love the richness of their lotions. Let me know if you get an explanation?

@ClassicallyFab I didn't at the time but I might reach out to them for curiousity's sake just because it was so bizarre.

Yeah, do. Let us know. 👍🏻

This is pretty good for me!

Full Sizes

victoria’s secret red hot heavenly shine lotion

stila one step correct

trader joe’s face wash with tea tree oil 

Deluxe Samples

peter thomas roth cucumber gel mask 

peter thomas roth pumpkin enzyme mask 

peter thomas roth 24k gold mask 

l’occitane relaxing shower gel 

Samples

LXMI creme du nil hydrating moisture veil 

l’oreal color vibrancy nourishing shampoo 

make up for ever hydrating primer

Thrown Out (because of age):

urban decay razor sharp liquid liner - dark force

opi nail polish in copper mountain copper

a bunch of lotions

These are my May empties, I'm feeling pretty good about finishing all of these products 🙂

IMG_20170530_1500291.jpg

Love:

Spoiler
hey honey - Walk the walk Propolis foot and heel cream
tarte -tarteist glossy lip paint in Obvi
Secret Deodorant in ooh-la-la lavender 

Like:

Spoiler
Peter Thomas Roth - Irish Moor Mud Purifying Black face mask
Smashbox - photo finish foundation primer
Ulta collection - Eye makeup remover

Meh:

Spoiler
Urban Decay primer I think? I don't have the rest of the packaging, but I imagine if I actually liked it I would have remembered the name. 
Peter Thomas Roth - 24K Gold Mask
The Ordinary - Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA
belif - The true cream - aqua bomb
Farmacy - honey potion
Dior - Diorshow mascara
Original Beauty Blender
Milani - Amore mettallics lip creme in 01 chromatic addict

Empties from the last 3 months. It feels good to get through products and  saving empties has helped me more consciously use up what I already have instead of buying more things to try.

Loves

Loves.jpg

Spoiler

Nude Jelly Cleanser- Discontinued, if anybody knows of something similar, any recommendations would be would be greatly appreciated!

Soap & Glory Body Wash- love this for the scent! 

SR Good Genes- I recently finished a 0.5 oz bottle and have been refilling it with these samples from an old promo. When I stop using this I can actually see a negative difference in my skin.
FAB Radiance Pads- effective and reasonably priced. I have a few other acids I'm working my way through so I will probably hold off on repurchasing right away. Currently using N ip + Fab extra strength pads and I definitely don't like them as much as FAB.

L'occitane Almond Shower Oil- I know a lot of people like the scent of this but I'm actually not a big fan.I love using this for shaving.

Sephora Quill lashes- These are my perfect lashes. My eyes are on the smaller side and a lot of highly recommended lashes look ridiculous on me. These are full, provide a bit of length and aren't too obvious which is exactly what I'm looking for. Unfortunately I ruined a pair when I started using my TTDO balm before removing them. I didn't get much on the lashes but it was enough to cause them to separate. 

Algenist Eye Renewal Balm- I always pick this on up when it's on promo. I don't necessarily notice any minimizing of lines but I like this for daytime under makeup, a little goes a long way.

Likes/might repurchase

Likes.jpg

Spoiler

E&J Nirvana Dry Shampoo- Good but leaves me wanting more. Can easily leave residue marks in my black hair if I'm not careful but soaks up oils better than other dry shampoos I've tried.

DDG Alpha Beta Glow Pads- Nice but can start to look orange on my medium olive skin if used more than 2 days in a row. When I use up the box I plan to try the Clarins Glow Booster.

SR Tidal & CEO- I used CEO on nights I wanted extra hydration. Did not use long/consistently enough to notice any vitamin C brightening effects. Tidal was nice but I have enough deluxe sized moisturizers I don't think I'll need to buy anything for awhile lol.

Hourglass 1.5MM Eyeliner- I actually loved this but it ran out way too fast. Right now I'm using the Clinique Skinny Stick eyeliner. I prefer the HG one and actually think the Skinny Stick might be being discontinued.

Fresh Sugar Lip Balms- Deluxe sizes from a holiday set. I love love love the formula and subtle colors but the packaging is terrible. When you get to the bottom there is actually a lot of product left that can be scooped out from the plastic part that twists up.

Meh/wouldn't repurchase:

Meh.jpg

Spoiler

Oribe Royal Blowout- This lasted a really time making it a good value. It promises a lot but is just average imo.

Clinique brow gel- I thought this dried out quickly. When it comes to tinted brow gel I prefer Glossier's Boybrow.

Lush Charity Pot Body Lotion- I love the ingredients of Lush products but this one left me feeling sticky.

It Cosmetics Bye Bye Undereye- the only thing I really disliked. No matter how thick of a layer I put on I felt like it wasn't moisturizing enough.

This is awesome.  I have a big post coming because I have (unintentionally) been saving up since the beginning of the year.  My bag is practically overflowing at this point and now I just need to get my act together to photograph & post.

Im the same way with saving empties helping me use up products I already have. Ive been on a low but in 2017 and this has helped me realize how much I already have to use.  

I too scoop out balm from from sticks that appear to be used up. It constantly amazes me how much product is left in there. I've never been a fan of using a lip brush when I'm out and about, but at home while putting on my make up, heck yes. Fresh and the Dior balms are two of the biggest culprits!

testing