Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Yes ma'am, I always do.

I started doing that a couple of months ago and I was amazed at how much product was left! I could have sworn it felt empty and then I cut the tube and I see that I have at least 4-5 more uses.

Right?  I can't beleive I haven't always done this!!!  It's so wasteful not to! 

I never have, but I plan to start with the next item that needs it.

I used to just assume there was nothing left if I couldn't squeeze it out and toss the tube!  at the price per ounce of so e of our products it's silly not to get it all:) 

Hmmm, I might try and collect my empties this month so I have something to post 🙂

I decided to stash mine in one of my black fabric sephora bags.  Discreet.  I don't think I'll end up having to answer to anyone.  Haha, I'm hiding garbage!!! 🙂 

You know you are an addict whennnn - you hide the empties!!! At least you're in good company 😉

Oh my you guys!!! I have no clue what I've gone through this month!  i normally throw my empties out as I empty them.  This looks like such a fun thread though.  Perhaps I'll get a separate bin so I can keep track of what I use. 🙂 

I started collecting empties about two months ago, because seeing what people actually think of the products is more helpful than just seeing the haul.  Now, that I think about it, this is my second favorite thread bumping hauls to third.  The mini reviews are the best part.

It is hard to remember to place them in a bag under the sink at first when your OCD is telling you to toss it.  I threw a couple of things away before I remembered I needed to save them.  Of course, once they're in the garbage, they stay in the garbage!  No reviewing that item.

This is one of my favorite threads for sure. I had a hard time not tossing stuff out but now that I've been doing it for six months it feels like a habit. I actually use that old Sephora gift bag, the striped one with the lips for my empties.

I use that one as well. works perfectly!

Maybe I will join too...I've yet to run out of anything.  I'll have to hide the empties from my husband...he is a simplest and doesn't like clutter.  I used to collect clothing tags (and bags) in a box and he thought I was crazy so I threw them out.  He would think I was completely insane if he saw a bag of saved bottles haha 😉

My husband doesn't like clutter either, but he does like that I'm using up a lot of the items that have been hanging out far too long.  I made a deal with him that other than hotel soaps that I like the scent of and bring home to use as hand soap in the bathroom, I will have two out for every one in until all of my not currently in use skincare can fit into one FFF box.  I have at least 25 nights of travel between now and the end of March so I'll go through a ton of foils and deluxe samples during my travels.

Clutter drives me insane, so I keep my empties bag hidden. Even though I hate seeing a pile of beauty junk collecting, there's something so oddly satisfying knowing that I used up all that stuff. I kind of justify a big splurge knowing I've used up so many products.

Oh good point.   Something to rationalize!! 

Mines gonna think I'm nuts saving my trash.  

My husband laughed at me the first time he found my bag under the sink too, but he barely goes under there.  I think it is like an outta sight out of mind thing for him, because he has not mentioned it since. 

Haha, yeah I think I might try hiding my stash of empties As well,  I've already had to explain a lot of weird habits.  Taking pictures of my makeup, wandering around looking for the right lighting ( hey! He promised me a camera a white back!!!)  this is gonna top the cake! 

Yup.  They just do not understand.  

That's okay, because I do not understand everything he does either. 

I started doing this in April of 2013! After a while it becomes a fun habit 🙂

1 Reply
testing