Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

You should definitely join us! I stick a bag or box in my bathroom in a cabinet and toss things in there as I finish them 🙂 It's very satisfying to see what you use up each month, especially when you have a mountain of things waiting to be used!

Hehe!  I have a couple things already.  

Can't wait to see your July empties 🙂

IMG_1848.JPG

Loved:

FAB - Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser with Red Clay - loved! My face felt so clean afterwards and never dried out.

Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray - this is a HG item for me 🙂 

Liked:

Dior One Essential Skin Boosting Super Serum

Dior Hydra Life BB Creme

Benefit Porefessional (full size - yay!)

Living Proof Restore Targeted Repair Cream

CVS Nail Polish Remover

Go Smile PM Luxury Toothpaste (only included this because it was given as a free sample from Ulta)

Disliked:

BareMinerals Full Flawless Face Brush - I have never had much luck with these brushes. No matter how carefully I take care of them, they always fray and get scratchy. This one is going to the trash.

Nice! UD Sprays are HG for me too 🙂

I am really loving my First Aid Beauty Cleanser with red clay too.  I alternate it with quite a few other products, so it will probably take me a while to finish it.

I like the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray too.  I always forget to use it though.

June.2014.1.JPG

Spoiler

Ole Henrisken Blue/Black Berry Enzyme Mask- this isn't truly empty, about 2/3 full. Hated so much that I have to get rid of though, stings like crazy and I hate the feeling of gel products. Hate the smell too! 😞

Body Shop Vit E Sink-In Moisture Mask- meh. Used it up, but wasn't fond of it. Also stung slightly, odd for a moisturizing mask. Felt uncomfortable on skin too. 

Beauty Protector Shampoo & Conditioner- average products, but smell SO CRAZY GOOD. Very gourmand smell to them, wish it existed in a perfume!!

Estee Lauder Re-Nutriv Cream Cleanser- Oh. My. God. This stuff is like pure gold. And for $50 a bottle, I know why. Hands down, best cream cleanser I've ever used. Can't afford it though, so I'll have to get it from GWPs 😄

REN Radiance Perfection Serum- really good! Really brightened my skin, smells like raw pumpkin. Zero breakouts or sensitivity.

Bath & Body Works Black Currant Vanilla Hand Soap

Bath & Body Works Shower Gels- Apricot Vanilla, Wild Honeysuckle. Two of my top fav fragrances from BBW 🙂

Styled Pure Happy Smooth Keratin- didn't work for me, but then again pretty much nothing does work with my hair!

Caudalie Divine Oil- oh my Lord this stuff was divine (see what I did there?). Absolutely loved the product, but not in love with it to pay the price for a full size. Smells a bit like tootsie rolls to me??

Sephora Advanced Lash Booster- good, but dried out very quickly. I've had this a bit too long, but it has been sealed in plastic, not sure if that might be the issue.

Tarte Lights Camera Lashes- too dry. Not sure how long I've had this one either

Anastasia Lash Genius- HG. Probably my 5th or so in a row.

H20 Optimum Cleanser- very nice, would consider repurchasing.

Chanel Ultra Correction Line Repair Eye Cream- nice, not worth the price

Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Cream- fantastic healing cream, but very comparable to FAB Ultra Repair, which is a fraction of the price of this.

Origins A Perfect World Moisturizer- made my skin very shiny under foundation, only used a couple times before giving up

Stila Perfecting Concealer- have had for way too long, time to toss. Too thick, difficult to work with and I think this exacerbated acne spots.

Korres Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial- like the Greek Yogurt version, this stung badly. Only used 1-2 times.

Sisley Paris Black Rose Cream Mask- very nice, smelled great, very hydrating. Definitely not going to pay full price for this stuff though- $158 for 2 oz??? What the fook??

Ole Henriksen Truth Serum- this did absolutely nothing for my skin. Pass.

June.2014.2.JPG

Spoiler

Stila In the Light

Swisspers Cotton Rounds

Korres Pomegranate Wipes- I think these made my face more sensitive? Going to pass the last pack of these I have on to someone else.

Garnier Fructis Damage Eraser Shampoo/Conditioner/Masque- bleck, weighted my hair down and made it look greasy.

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil/Endless Summer- bought the full size of Endless Summer after using! Already have a Choc Soleil deluxe, which is a bit too dark for me but with some blending I can make work.

Kate Somerville Dilo Oil- fantastic product, smells crazy good and my skin loved it.

Dr. Weil Mega-Bright Eye Cream- made my eyes look more tired. Hard pass.

FAB Purifying Mask- My skin liked it, but this was a bit too minty/tingly for my personal tastes.

Lancome Visionnaire- loved. Definitely making part of my full time regimen.

REN Resufacing AHA Concentrate- definitely made an impact on my skin's brightness and reduced pigmentation! One little packet of this stuff lasted me a whole week!

Philosophy Full Of Promise Day/Night Serum- loved the day version. The texture of the night version reminded me exactly of Smashbox's Primers, which break me out within hours, so I didn't use it.

Philosophy Eye Hope- this wouldn't sink into my skin and would pill off a couple hours after applying. Pass.

Tokyomilk La Vie La Mort- really beautiful flower scent, loved the hand cream as well, not greasy at all.

Kate Spade Twirl- Really like, own a full size.

Roses De Chloe- initially loved, but by the end of this sample vial I was tired of it. Glad I didn't purchase a full size.

Have you noticed a significant difference in wear between the endless summer bronzer and the chocolate soleil?  I also have 2 deluxe samples of chocolate soleil but after those are up, I'll need to purchase a full size. 

In terms of wear time, they both perform very well. I prefer the lighter color and *slight* shimmer to the Endless Summer for my pale skin 🙂

I agree with you on Visionnaire.  How do you blend the chocolate soliel to lighten it up?  I got another deluxe size in my sun safety kit.  Before I give another one away, I want to see if I can get it to work for me.  I love the milk chocolate one.

I use a blush brush and lightly dust it in the appropriate places and then take a larger, dense brush and buff the heck out of it so it blends nicely in with my powder foundation. I just have to be careful to use a light hand or I can easily overdo it 🙂 The milk chocolate would definitely be much more appropriate for my ghost-like complexion, but like you I got this one for free and will try to use it up!

I tried the chocolate soleil this evening with a light hand and it worked out.  you just can't be as carefree with the application as you would with the milk chocolate but it definitely is workable!!! 

Glad it worked for you! 🙂

You two have convinced me to give it a try.  I have not seen the person I was planning on giving it to in a long time, and I never told her I was going to give it to her either.  No shame in keeping it now.

I am going to be soooooo bronzed in a week!!!!  lol!  I have that little black book coming!!!  Prepare for a very brown leah!!!  I really hope I get it before Toor Camp. 

As always, nice work!!! So many full and deluxe sizes. I'm impressed!

Here are my June Empties!

IMG_0032.jpg

Loves/Will Repurchase:

Spoiler
  • Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation
  • Bath and Body Works Pink Chiffon Body Wash
  • Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy Eucalyptus Spearmint Body Wash
  • Philosophy Purity Made Simple 3-in-1 cleanser
  • Versace Bright Crystal Absolu EDP
  • Neutrogena makeup remover wipes
  • Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter body moisturizer

Likes/Indifferent:

Spoiler
  • Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash
  • Fekkai Full Blown Volume Shampoo
  • Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Conditioner
  • Dolce & Gabbana lipstick in Natural Monica
  • Glamglow Supermud Clearing Treatment
  • Caldrea Body Lotion
  • Bumble and Bumble Surf Foam Wash and Creme Rinse
  • Sephora Super Supreme Body Butter
  • Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base
  • Smarty Pants Vitamin Gummies
  • Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara

Dislikes:

Spoiler
  • Bvlgari Omnia Indian Garnet
  • Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet
  • Urban Decay Naked Flushed
  • Smashbox Full Exposure
  • Gilchrist & Soames Body Lotion
  • First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream
  • Ulta Makeup Brush Shampoo
  • Lancome Perfecting Make up Primer
  • Urban Decay Naked Skin Beauty Balm
  • Benefit They're Real Mascara
  • Whish Shave Cream

You went through a lot - good work!! I can't believe you finished a whole foundation... I've only been able to do that once! 

Thanks!  I do go through foundation pretty quickly.  I bought a Nars tinted moisturizer but I think it might have been breaking me out so I stopped using it so my skin can clear up for a friend's wedding next week.  I might experiment with it again after that so hopefully I can ease up on the foundation usage. 

I chuckle that some of your dislikes are some of my favorites! I love that we all like different things though 🙂 Nice month of empties!!

Thanks!  It's crazy how some products will work for some people and not for others.  I guess that's why TSBs work so well.  

testing