Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I got a cute little spatula from sephora that gas a long handle and scoop it into a tiny jar If there's more than i ipexpect.  There's usually not enough to last more than a week of anything so i just leave it in the cut tube and throw it in a ziplock.

scissors;) 

It is always out of stock though.  If it ever returns, I am buying 2.

Grab a pair of sharp scissors and snipped off the top. I like to completely flatten it out first. Use the back of a knife and scrape from the bottom up until it is flat, thin and empty. Cut the top the scrape out what you have left. If you still have some leftovers, fold it down and clip it up with a binder clip. If you need to get down closer to the cap, cut another section and use it up!

Some call me cheap,*ahem* my mom *ahem*, but she just doesn't know that I am bad are restocking and I tend to lose things when I restock before I open the new stuff.

Oh and please be super careful with the knife scraping/

Thanks.  Before I read your last line, I was already thinking, oh no, I am going to cut myself.  I am so clumsy, and my hands really shake.  So as usual, you made me laugh. If I try this, I may enlist my husband's help.

You might want to try a butcher's knife since they are usually taller, it SHOULD be less likely for you to get cut.

BUT I have to add this disclaimer, all advice given is a mere suggestion.. I will not be responsible for any loosened digits.

Great empties! 

I have used almost everything on your list even the cream your dermatologist prescribed you mine did too! Lol

Its crazy I found myself agreeing with everything you said lol.

I'm waiting until the month is over to post mine! Lol

Wow, nice collection of empties there! Where did you get the sheet masks from in your first photo?

I will PM you the info!

My empties from Jan/Feb-April. I wasn't planning on doing it for that long, I was just trying to see how long it would take me to fill up a large sephora bag.

This month I'm still focusing up on finishing body-care, because I have a LOT and I want to narrow it down to a smaller, more reasonable amount of products. 

securedownload.jpegsecuredownload.jpegsecuredownload.jpeg

Wow, look at all those full size items! That's fantastic, Curious, keep it up! 🙂

You ladies have inspired me to use up all these half empty products I had! 

These are my empties for April.

image.jpgLa mer Creme de la mer: terrible fillers but it does get the job done for when my face is acting up or extremely dry. Won't be purchasing it again.

Sunshine spa organics herbal salt scrub lavender: I love this! I purchased it at a spa and haven't looked into where I can buy this. Only downside is my shower gets so oily I have to be extra careful not to slip. Will purchase it after finishing all my other scrubs.

Chanel firming and rejuvenating cream: crazy expensive and not worth it. Pass

Bliss fatgirl scrub: Ok. Just another scrub in my stash that needed to be used up.

Bobbi Brown eye make up remover: Just meh nothing special.

image.jpgClarins gentle make up remover: Terrible. Worst eye make up remover I've ever used! I'm a big fan of Clarins but this was such a miss.

Ren comfort milk cleanser: Ok nothing special

Ren ultra moisture day cream: Made me break out.

Laura Mercier eyebrow powder: Love this!

Fresh soy face cream: Good for when I don't need too much moisture.

Rexaline eye cream: Pass. not hydrating and didn't notice any difference.

Loreal Expert absolute repair conditioner: Great for severely damaged hair

image.jpgVS sheer love body splash: I'm not a fan of body splash but I like using it before going to bed. 

Mac tranquil cleansing oil: Good purchased it mainly for traveling. The clear one is much better.

Caudalie Vinosource eye cream: Moisturizing but didn't wow me.

Dior mascara: Not my favorite. Seperate lashes well but no length or volume.

Jack Black hand lotion: Love this will repurchase once I finish my hand cream stash.

Pai skiing brightening scrub: Gentle and leaves a glow after I used it.

YSL mascara: My favorite! already repurchased

C.O. Big elbow lip scrub: Good leaves my lips baby soft

image.jpgwet tissue: Picked this up on my last trip to Japan. I love the way this smells it's gentle and alcohol free.

Biore eye mask: Love this! De puffs and brightens the eyes In 10 minutes!

Secret clinical strength deodorant: I work out everyday and this keeps me from being stinky or overly sweaty at the gym. 

Body Shop vitamin C: This was good but I've used better vtamin C products in the past so won't repurchase

NYC bronzer: this was a guerlain dupe. I loved the color but staying power is not the best.

john masters green tea and rose hydrating serum: Good but I prefer my Caudalie serum.

I agree on the Secret Clinical Strength.  It works better than anything else I've tried.  I have always wanted to try La Mer Creme de la mer.  Too bad you did not like it, but I am glad to read that, honestly.  It will save me some money for now.

I simply can't live without this! I know it's suppose to be terrible for you but nothing else has ever worked this good for me! I can even skip deodorant all together in winter months it's amazing! 😄

La Mer is ok. I started using it when I was 18, totally unnecessary, I've gone through 3-4  of these. I used their face wash, the lotion, the serum, the eye cream and the body butter. In my opinion the only thing worth a splurge is their body butter. It's very rich and moisturizing but I much prefer other $ options! Also, there's nothing special about this face cream no brightening effects, not anti-aging. NADA!

Nice job! Glad you've joined us 🙂

Yes! All thanks to your post 😉

Added a couple more. I'm in the process of moving so I can't keep them around! Loved all three!

IMG_1242.jpg

IMG_8664.JPG

IMG_8665.JPG

IMG_8666.JPG

Foil packets:

Loved: Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Medium Brown (will repurchase)
FAB ultra repair cream x2 (already repurchased)
Josie Maran Argan Oil Illuminizer (using up some other stuff, but if I don't find an HG in those I'll go back to this one)
YSL Touche eclat in B50 Beige (Loved the feeling and coverage, but this was a WAY wrong shade. Need to try out in the correct shade)

Neutral: Honey Marc Jacobs
Biore pore strip
Philosophy Loveswept perfume
Algenist Advanced Anti-Aging Repairing Oil
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer
Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin

Dislike: Korres Vitamin E Face Primer (felt too much like a moisturizer to me and didn't notice a difference with my makeup)
OH restorative anti-aging oil (I hated the smell and the orange tint it gave my face AND the sink)

Mini/Deluxe:

Loved: Soap and Glory Clean on Me (HG, love love love it! Have multiple back ups, but trying to use up my minis and other half used bottles)

Neutral: Bare Minerals Stroke of light (Color was good, but it was very thin and didn't provide a lot of coverage)
Flora by Gucci (this was nice)

Dislike: SkinVie Age defying lotion (got from a birch box, weird smell, didn't do anything for me)
L'Occitan Amande Shower oil (This was too weird, I need suds in the shower!)

FULL SIZE:

Loved: Aussie Moist 3 minute miracle (LOVE LOVE LOVE already have a backup this makes my ends stay so soft)

Neutral: Garnier Fructis Pure clean fortifying shampoo (it did the job it was meant to do and smelled nice)
Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil in Be loyal (Loved the smell, thinner than I thought it would be)
Boots Extracts Coconut body butter (LOVED the smell, but was just another random body butter to me)
Venus Razer (No idea why this was in my empty bag, but it was so it's in the pic ;))
LUSH Ice Blue soap (Love the smell. Love the icy feeling, but I love suds in the shower and this didn't give any :()

Dislike: Bonne Bell Lip D'Votion (Thank goodness this is gone! Had it forever. Did nothing for me. Very sticky)

I really want to try that First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair cream, because I have really dry skin. Everyone raves. I think I have a foil that I need to locate.

hi I peeped a glance at the wallflower you had an empty of,I love those! My fave one is the sensual amber one from bath & Body Works my other fave scent from bath & body works is twilight woods. 🙂 just sharing faves from one bath and body fan to anther.  

also wild honeysuckle is good as well!

and sheer freesia lol

3 Replies
testing