From makeovers to personalized skincare consultations

Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Cheeky Cheeks

Milk Makeup holo/highlight sticks: Worth it?

I really like Milk since they're cruelty free and their products seem to be in high quality. I want a nice, subtle, and travel sized highlighter and Milk seems okay but it is on the pricey side for such a small product. Are they worth it?

Re: Milk Makeup holo/highlight sticks: Worth it?

I really like the Mars shade for a natural highlight. As others have said, it's best to apply with fingers. It feels so light, blendable, and moisturizing (which is great for winter). I used mine nearly every day for a few months, and it didn't look like I made a dent in the stick, so the value is definitely there!

RE: Milk Makeup holo/highlight sticks: Worth it?

I also use the Holographic stick in mars (I’m getting supernova next) and I love Love Love how it looks. Very natural and fun to apply with fingers anywhere. It’s stays really well too. They work as a great base for a powder highlight of your into that.

yes I felt the same as you so thats why I snatched the a...

yes I felt the same as you so thats why I snatched the a team set over the holidays and I think they are really nice highlighters. they don't work so well over thick foundations more so tinted moisturizers and bare skin. I love lit and the glitter stick in techno. Lit makes my skin look dewy. You could always return it if you don't like it.

Re: Milk Makeup holo/highlight sticks: Worth it?

@angiezh I have Supernova and I like it but you do have to work around its quirks. It works best if you apply it with your finger. Using the stick directly on your face will almost akways move your makeup around and doesn’t really warm the product up enough to give a good application. If you don’t mind using your finger, it really is pretty. Supernova is a subtle and glowy but slightly weird (in a good way) highlight that I really love. It’s not a blinding, intense look at all. They do have mini sizes for $14. The regular size is seriously huge and you’ll never go through a whole thing. 

I agree. I tried to take the whole stick to my face and i...

I agree. I tried to take the whole stick to my face and it was a hot mess !😂 hahah

RE: I agree. I tried to take the whole stick to my face and i...

Lol I also agree - I love the highlighter but unless You are doing a low make up day you can’t like take the stick and swipe it over your whole cheek it’ll move everything - definitely works best with fingers
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 10 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing