Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Cheeky Cheeks
|

Highlighter for Very Pale Skin?

I have a semi-formal, daytime occasion coming up and need a little glow for my super-pale skin.  I'm usually pretty basic with my makeup, so I'm not sure of what my options are.  I have dark brown hair with blue eyes and I'm over 40, so I don't feel comfortable with tons of glitter.  Any suggestions?  TIA!

i am in 40s with similar colouring and I love RMS luminizers. I find the powdery highlighters can be aging and I prefer a more natural look. That said I am actually at present using the rms lunar eye polish as a highlighter. It's 10 cheaper and a wee bit smaller and easy to blend...I use my fingers

I'm fairly pale and really enjoy the ABH Sugar Glow. I find I can use all the highlights in that kit without any issues.
Anonymous Insider

RE: Highlighter for Very Pale Skin?

Blues and purples look gorgeous on very pale skin. Also, I know people will disagree with me but Trophy Wife from Fenty looks stunning on pale skin. I don’t care what anyone says, it’s gorgeous.

The becca highlighter in Vanilla Quartz is absolutely gorgeous on pale skin! Its a champagney gold with a slight pink reflect. No glitter, just straight sheen. I prefer to use it with a fluffy brush with a tapered end for a subtle glow. If you spray the too faced hangover spray on your face after you apply it it just melts into the skin!

Re: Highlighter for Very Pale Skin?

Try something with a bit of pink or very light gold in it! I suggest the BECCAShimmering Skin Perfector® Pressed Highlighter in Vanilla Quartz - light gold infused with pink pearl:https://www.sephora.com/product/shimmering-skin-perfector-pressed-P381176?icid2=:p381176:product or FENTY BEAUTY by RihannaKillawatt Freestyle Highlighter in Lightning Dust/Fire Crystal - soft pearlescent sheen / supercharged pearlescent shimmer.

https://www.sephora.com/product/killawatt-freestyle-highlighter-P64879845?skuId=1925890&icid2=produc...

❤️ Melissa

@puppytia Becca liquid Highlight in Moonstone

ColourPop in Lunch Money or Flexitarian !
Anonymous Insider

benifits dandelion twinkle highlighter, a little light for me in the summer, but would look great on a fair complexion

I would try Bobbi Brown or Laura Mercier highlighters.  Both are excellent and give a nice dewy look.  Bobbi Brown shimmer brick is also very nice.  With pale skin I would go in the pink range and avoid yellows...  I tried Opal and it was way too yellow and chunky for my sensitive dry skin.  

If you want to have a dab of holographic (inside of eyes) then nothing beats Kat Von D holographic highlighter.  I dab a little on my lip or inner eyes for fun and go light on it.

Good Luck!

if you are looking for an "age appropriate" glow id highl...

if you are looking for an "age appropriate" glow id highly recc the natasha denona highlighter in #1! I have a light medium complexion so I am not 100% sure if it will suit your complexion. to be on the safe side get becca pearl! both can be used for an everyday glow!

I wear MAC NW10 on an everyday basis and am obsessed with the Anastasia Moonchild Glow Kit!  It's not a chunky glitter, just a gorgeous shimmer.  The shades lean on the cooler side could work for everyone!

I'm fairly pale. I wear shade 102 In Maybelline fit me and am OBSESSED with wearing Estée Lauder Heat Wave with a fan brush and light hand. I love it sooooo much I bought a backup. I have never ever bought a backup before. Also, love the Nars Bord De Plage palette. It is beautiful and I can wear 3 of the highlighters and both bronzes if I use a lighter hand on both. 

Too faced Candlelight has become a daily must for me it's...

Too faced Candlelight has become a daily must for me it's subtle and I get compliments daily. If you want a little extra umph Kat von d holographic highlighters are fun.

Opal by becca or cover fx custom enhancer drops in celestial 

Also of the ghostly pale club, personally I love Becca pearl on my skin, or KVD metal crush shadow in Thunderstruck.

I recommend the Becca Cosmetics highlighter in pearl shade, it's for fair skin and it will look absolutely stunning. Opal will be too dark on your fair skin face.
Anonymous Insider

opal by becca !!

I would recommend Makeup Forever Pro Light Fusion Highlighter in Golden Pink. I'm very pale and I can use it. I also recently tried the new Fenty highlighter, Metal Moon, and I really liked it-- pale enough for me but also subtle enough for every day. Very refined. A win. @puppytia

I have the palest skin on Earth and I can tell you that I sweat by Nciole Guerriero glow kit! I can wear 5 out of 6 shades! You won't regret if you buy this 🙂
26 Replies
Conversation Stats
testing