Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

What’d You Buy? VIB Sale Spring 2018

I always like seeing people’s “tallies” during the sales of what they’ve just ordered. What have you ordered so far? I put in two separate orders because one was an aerosol that would slow down shipping. Heaven forbid! I also spent the rest of my points. I only have six measly points left. I used to be a severe points hoarder and had almost 10k saved at one time. It’s so weird seeing a single digit. Anyway, here are my orders so far:

Order #1D01DB113-B670-43BA-8D20-0D3E03347148.png

E88D9776-BC93-4504-ACAD-572C136E2574.png

Two Pat McGrath lipsticks (my first) and a mini size of a Boscia matte primer. 

Order #2

91A4A4A0-FE6D-485F-9DE6-8C8B9B7997F1.png

0CCDBBDE-ED15-42B8-A169-F6BF493A8A91.png

Sephora Perfection Mist Nude Glow - I have no idea how this will work but it looks pretty cool. You spray it on and it makes you look young and dewy. I’m in!!!

RE: What’d You Buy? VIB Sale Spring 2018

I think this will be it for me, though I might end up getting a rollerball of something new to try. Really excited about the Givenchy lipstick and the Drunk elephant sunscreen, I’m so happy it finally came to the Canadian site!

Re: RE: What’d You Buy? VIB Sale Spring 2018

@spiderlashes The Herbivore Jasmine oil smells so heavenly! I hope you love it!

RE: Re: RE: What’d You Buy? VIB Sale Spring 2018

Thank you @bem564 I’ve had it on my wish list forever! Can’t wait to try it!

@bem564 @spiderlashes agreed! I love the Herbivore body oils. 

@spiderlashes  I was contemplating the Givenchy lipstick too! I’m so excited for you! Please let me know if you like it 🤗💕

Thanks! @Guessgal I was checking the site everyday waiting on this one! The packaging is so beautiful, and the Givenchy formula is amazing. Between this and the nars x erdem collection, I am just in love with the springy floral theme 🌹I’ll post a picture when it arrives ☺️
Anonymous Insider

@spiderlashes -- Hope you love the sunscreen.  It's my go-to sunscreen.  🙂  

Thank you @MCSSavvy 💖😁

Re: What’d You Buy? VIB Sale Spring 2018

Finally decided! Might order again if I see more items, but needed a new eyelash curler and also wanted to try the Shu cleansing oil11859B4D-2152-418F-B1AA-2EDD5021DDE1.png

I only got what I had planned to get so far and going to try and resist placing any more orders. I placed three orders Cinema secrets separate for the same reason you mentioned(ground shipping) and the Givenchy powder was out of stock when I placed my first order but came back later that morning,I was a little worried about that one getting cancelled since it went in and out of stock a few times but it has already shipped.  

Sale1.png

How do you like the Givenchy loose powder @Seymore3?

I’m curious about Givenchy powder as well. It looks so Cool, I wonder if it performs like Meteorites? 

@fatimamummy@blackkitty2014This is the first time I have bought the Givenchy powder(I couldn't resist the pretty packaging) so I'll have to report back once it arrives and I get a chance to try it out,I am hoping it is similar to the Meteorites.

Anonymous Insider

@Seymore3 - the Tarte Mermaid palette looks amazing!  If Too Faced and Tarte's products didn't have a slight scent I would have picked up that Tarte palette last night.  The ND palette looks gorg.  You have great taste!!

@starsandbucks I was hoping for a thread like this.  Today in-store I bought:

Givenchy lip color (#14)

Sephora Retractable Waterproof Eyeliner (classic black)

And online I bought:

I need to go online and stock up on more LP Humidity Shield, and Klorane Dry Shampoo.

So far I've resisted the urges to buy more lipsticks, and palettes.  I *might* look into masks or tinted moisturizers, though.

I wanted to buy Estee Lauder Pleasures Intense, but Sephora doesn't sell it anymore.  I might have to get it from Ulta, as they are having a 20% sale for Platinum members.

Thanks for the thread @starsandbucks! It’s a great way to see what great things I still need to pick up from the sale 😜

Sidenote: did anyone else have an issue with obtaining the card case in store? My store only gave us samples and I had to ask for the card case for myself and my guest otherwise they weren’t giving them out. Just thought that was kinda shady on their behalf and I wanted to see if anyone else had a similar experience?

Bought this morning and it shipped already!Bought this morning and it shipped already!

Bought in store today to get the card case- Uber cute!Bought in store today to get the card case- Uber cute!

Anonymous Insider

@gonerogue -- I love the look of the Hourglass palette.  I almost bought Eternal Light last night but I'm trying (not very well) to hold back.  I love their brow fiber and stick.  Let us know what you think of your new, pretty palette!  

No issue getting the gift bag and card case.  The manager had stopped next to the register when I finally went to check out and whipped both right out and put them in my pile.  The ladies at the two stores in my area I frequent the most are super nice.  Last night no exception - great service, lots of help, tips on eye looks and palettes so no complaints here.  I do miss the Rouge only events and there haven't been any classes lately - the makeup artist is hoping they come back soon.  Drat it, looking at this thread makes me want to go back and pick up the stuff I pulled out the basket.  Seriously, how can one chose between pretty things and tires?  Pretty things are winning.... lol

I commend your low-buy strength! I've been doing pretty good all year but the VIB sale always sucks me right back in. After the sale is over, I'm going back to limiting my purchases to necessities and 1 LE product a month 😉

Yeah I must say I didn't have the best in-store experience but I rarely do which is why I never shop in-store anyway. The only reason I went was for the card case and to share my discount with a friend I am helping slowly transition into makeup. She had a great time and got all the samples she requested plus the discount saved her like $30 so I'm just glad she had a good time. Maybe next time they will have the promo gift linked to the promo code Rouge's can use online so the hermit crabs (like myself) don't have to go in store 🙂

Anonymous Insider

@gonerogue -- The sale sucked me back in!  I returned C-tango (sadly, it irritated the skin around my eyes -- I had an issue with Protini so I should have known better) and I returned a Milk liquid shadow.  In place I picked up a bunch of Anastasia singles, Hourglass blush and then ordered Prism since it was on sale.  Since no store in the area has the single wells, the store ordered two for me online.  I'm lucky to have two stores with nice people which generally leads to a pleasant experience.  There is another store in my area but I really haven't had a good experience there in the past few years so I just avoid.  I also avoid stores when there are crowds - any store, doesn't matter.  I just leave and go home.  Hermits unite!  Sorry your experience didn't go so well but happy your friend had a good time, got samples and the discount.  

@gonerogue you’re going to be so glowy!! great choices!

@Haleyhale You're right! I just noticed all of my products have/are highlight!

177 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos57
  • E88D9776-BC93-4504-ACAD-572C136E2574.png
  • D01DB113-B670-43BA-8D20-0D3E03347148.png
  • 0CCDBBDE-ED15-42B8-A169-F6BF493A8A91.png
  • 91A4A4A0-FE6D-485F-9DE6-8C8B9B7997F1.png
  • VIB-Spring18.PNG
  • Bought this morning and it shipped already!
  • Bought in store today to get the card case- Uber cute!
  • Sale1.png
  • 11859B4D-2152-418F-B1AA-2EDD5021DDE1.png
  • FE2A6D7D-E80E-4D1C-A907-938BA1305461.png
  • BC121CB0-A59E-4464-B08F-A54A51756642.png
  • 556B6680-8CE8-40DE-9378-C2911776A029.png
testing