Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Nonjudgmental November Hauls 2019

I feel the need to get a November haul thread ready with the word Nonjudgmental in the title because my birthday always overlaps with the Sephora sale.  Then there's black Friday at the end of the month.  I always end up going over the top.

20191030_212312.jpg

Besides, we all know that we will buy all the kits. ๐Ÿคฃ

(Disclaimer: I did not make the meme.  I found the meme.  I love the meme.)

Tags:

Re: Nonjudgmental November Hauls 2019

@curlychiquita Thank you!

Happy Birthday, @MoniDJ !  Those are Three Great Hauls!

@tsavorite Thank you!

@MoniDJ happy birthday month.  Great haul!

@SportyGirly125 Thank you!

Fabulous haul @MoniDJ! Lots of goodies here. Happy birthday month! 

F87F0F11-323C-4B4A-A51B-274C0F2B2A6E.png

@itsfi Thank you!

Awesome haul @MoniDJ! Enjoy all your goodies!

great haul @MoniDJ ๐Ÿ˜

great haul @MoniDJ ๐Ÿ˜

Hi @MoniDJ ,

So many great goodies! I have been loving Faramcy products and that Fenty set is amazing! Great haul! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

RE: Nonjudgmental November Hauls 2019

Hahahahaaaaa!!! We all been there!!

RE: Nonjudgmental November Hauls 2019

Sooo I splurged and bought the Sakara life metabolism powder, superfood powder, and the beauty/detox water drops... Trying to lose weight and be healthy. Figured I should blow some money on something other than makeup for once! Lolol! the beauty drops are the nastiest most salty chemical tasting concoction Iโ€™ve ever drank. Disgusting and undrinkable for me, lol. The detox drops are flavorless, but have the strongest algae aftertaste.. I read a review where a lady said it tasted like dirty lake water and itโ€™s hard to drink if u think of it like that... i tell myself itโ€™s like wheatgrass and then itโ€™s palatable. I like it. The metabolism powder tastes like unsweetened cocoa.. and is def hard to mix without using a blender, tried a few recipes, not too bad... Havenโ€™t tried the super powder yet will update yโ€™all later with that! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Re: RE: Nonjudgmental November Hauls 2019

@mshellokiki, hope these work out for you.  Do you think the flavors of the drops would be better if you mixed them in tea, or something other than water? Salty chemical and algae aftertaste donโ€™t sound so great. Unsweetened cocoa sounds much better. ๐Ÿ˜‹

RE: Re: RE: Nonjudgmental November Hauls 2019

Well, tbh... they donโ€™t taste that great.. hahaha... I was so disgusted by the taste of the beauty drops... Iโ€™m not really sure what flavor is strong enough that could be mixed with it that would mask the flavor, and not be contaminated by it.. Itโ€™s been a few days and my stomach is settling... I may try experimenting with them, and will update... though I may have to deviate from Sakara clean eating ideals a little though! Lol... so when I began the drops, I started with the detox drops first. I honestly thought of the two, it would be the grossest, and it has to be refrigerated *(weird that no one mentions that anywhere, but itโ€™s printed on the bottle, horrified at what would happen if someone doesnโ€™t refrigerate them and drinks them!), so I started the 2 weeks of detox. *Also, I wanted to know if they individually worked so my plan was to take each separately for the recommended two weeks to see how I felt. I struggled through the first two detox weeks, but I made it, and was ready to begin the beauty drops. Now, I do accredit the fact that the beauty drops were so disgusting, it actually made the detox drops seem more palatable. I do admit also, I cheat. I cannot drink a full 8oz of algae water. Sooooo, I take about 3-4oz of water put my detox drop in shoot it back, and quickly gulp down another 8oz water plain! Lolol... I did drink both of the drops for first time in 8oz as directed to try the recommended instructions, *(majorly regretted that) so I donโ€™t know if that will affect the formula, but itโ€™s the only way I can drink it daily.. ijs.. the beauty drops taste closely to โ€œunflavored sea moss gelโ€. If you have ever eaten that horror, *(the things we do for nutrition, lol) then imagine it has been condensed, and concentrated into drops and thatโ€™s what it tastes like. Of the two surprisingly, I have become accustomed to the detox algae-flavored drops. I do notice a reduction in my bloating, and it has helped me be regular, and they do help suppress night time snacking, as after you drink them, you lose interest in eating anything more! Lol! I used to drink a tbsp of blue spiralina and 8oz water, and thought the detox drops would be similar to that. *wrong, lol. If interested u can buy the powder online at a number of different sites, it creates a beautiful blue color and does have a yeasty aftertaste, but is mostly flavorless and claims to be similar to the algae benefits and price-point.. Finally the metabolism powder, I see is getting poor reviews of people saying it made them bloated and jittery... *(thatโ€™s depressing) I donโ€™t notice any bloating or jitters for myself.. but I have a high caffeine tolerance, and maybe Iโ€™m hoping the detox drops are preventing me from bloating... To be clear.. it does NoT taste like chocolate... but instead tastes like and has the consistency of unsweetened cocoa powder for baking.. (-__-) I made a smoothie of unsweetened, coconut flavored almond milk, a banana, 1 scoop powder, and a 1/2 tsp of peanut butter powder... it was pretty gross... and very clumpy, even after 4 minutes in my ninja blender... I donโ€™t think the peanut powder worked as well as I had hoped for, and I think I will try that recipe one more time sans pnut powder! Lol... Itโ€™s pretty close to Sakaraโ€™s recommended recipe. (they add cherries, I subbed peanut butter powder) after tasting it... I think I will try it again with cherries! Lmao. Sorry this was so long. I hope it helps anyone interested in buying the products or who want to improve their nutrition. Also I am completely open to any suggestions!!

Re: RE: Re: RE: Nonjudgmental November Hauls 2019

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. I appreciate the detail and your taking the time to type it out. Very thoughtful of you @mshellokiki

"they do help suppress night time snacking, as after you drink them, you lose interest in eating anything more! Lol!" hahahaha! Oh,I'm so sorry they taste so bad, but this made me laugh. I know what you mean though. I'm really sorry to hear about the taste, but I do hope the products end up working out for you. Thanks again for taking the time for sharing your experience with me. I think it's safe to say they'll be a pass for me. ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Re: RE: Nonjudgmental November Hauls 2019

I hope they all work out for you @mshellokiki!

RE: Re: RE: Nonjudgmental November Hauls 2019

Taaanks!! โค๏ธ

enjoy your haul! @mshellokiki

enjoy your haul! @mshellokiki

RE: enjoy your haul! @mshellokiki

Taaanks! โค๏ธ

Nonjudgmental November Hauls 2019

Here is my birthday present to myself ๐Ÿฅณ I had some Neiman Marcus giftcards, so spent them on a bottle of Giorgio Armani Prive Pivoine Suzhou. I had this in my head since the beginning of the year after flying back through the Paris airport from my Switzerland/Germany trip.You know when you walk around the duty free shops at the airport. I love the smell of it! I went into Sephora today and purchased the Glow set and the Benefit Bronze Cheekleaders (I know this is from last year, butit just stood out to me) then walked next door to Ulta and nothing stood out to me, so just picked up my Mac birthday lipstick in Velvet Teddy and picked up the Too Faced setting powder. The Herbivore oils with the GWP YSL set and Bite lipstick in Atlanta (love it, comes off more light terra cotta on me) and then the Herbivore GWP oil. If I don't respondback to some, I leave early a.m. for my trip to Iceland, so will post my online orders from today when I return ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™€๏ธ Have fun shopping,can't wait to see everyone's purchases! Dang I just about forgot to post my Chanel OR Blanc Lion came in (again I know it was last year, but I just loved it โฃ)

Happy belated birthday @Luvstravel ! Enjoy your gifts that you gifted yourself! ๐ŸŽ‚

35 Replies
testing