Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

My Late End of May Haul! 2023 and also asking for advice!

Hi all!

Long time Sephora insider, newer to posting because I didn't really know there was a whole community! Grateful to have come across it from a super kind consultant today while shopping! I'm Kate. 😊 

Anywhooo.... My end of May/just got the last of my order today haul... I have been into trying to help my hair become healthier and less frizzy. I had read that the Virtue Frizz Block Humidity Proof Smoothing Spray 5 oz / 150 mL was good, so i got that to try out... i found less is more when using it, and that it def is a product that should be used with a blow dryer after.... I also got the K18 Biomimetic Hairscience Molecular Repair Hair Oil 1 oz / 30 mL and have had AMAZING results with it.. however, if you use even one more drop then you need your hair ends up looking greasy but it has helped my hair SO SO SO much in the past almost 3 weeks...I am so happy with these products if you're considering it, GO FOR IT!!! However I am still very worried about the frizz and breakage mostly because we have an upcoming trip we have. I'm I'm NY so my hair and my products seem to work decent in this climate and weather.... we are going on holiday to Florida in the middle of the summer 🫠🫠🫠 I might melt. Literally. 🫣. Any Florida residents please share ALL your tips to not melt and keep my hair someone looking decent... My 6 year old is at the brutally honest stage where he will whisper to me that my hair is frizzy or my mascara is running and that I'm looking like a racoon with all the black under my eyes from it 😅🤭

I usually love the Too Faced Better Than Sex Volumizing & Lengthening Mascara but in the heat it seems to melt. Anybody have any recommendations on another really great mascara that I guess is waterproof and will survive the Florida humidity and Disney? LOL.

I know this is long so thanks anyone who has taken the time to read this... Any other suggestions for eyebrow pencils? I have VERY light eyebrows and feel naked without putting them on... I have been going back and forth between Benefit Cosmetics Precisely Brow Bonus Defining Eyebrow Pencil Value Set Shade 04 and Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz® Ultra-Slim Precision Brow Pencil and I don't know if there are any other better products out there. I bought one of each anyway this month because I go through them quickly. 

As far as skin care a while back I had recieved some samples of Herbivore Nova 15% Vitamin C + Turmeric Brightening Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL and the Drunk Elephant Sili™ Body Lotion 8.0 oz/ 240 mL Tatcha The Deep Cleanse Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser The INKEY List Fulvic Acid Brightening Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL and the Tatcha The Dewy Skin Cream Plumping & Hydrating Moisturizer 2.5 oz / 75 ml 

Ummm LOVED them all and treated myself. 

This is fun sharing what products I got and seeing what others get too! I don't have too many friends who get as excited as I do about this kind of stuff, so I'm super happy ro have found this community! I look forward to interacting and exchanging tips and ideas with you all! Thanks for reading this far!!!!

🫶Kate

Re: My Late End of May Haul! 2023 and also asking for advice!

Hi there!

I’m in the same boat and just learning about this community as well! Late to the game but here we are! 

I’ve been trying the Kosas Brow Team Eyebrow Pencil + Eyebrow Gel Trio Set Taupe and it’s been so fun to try and compare to my holy grail Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Studio Kit

Just wanted to say hello and share along my tip! 

My usual go to was the full size of the Anastasia pencils set that cake out around the holidays, i got 3 thinking that would be enough but nope LOL.

The Kosas one looks like it might be fun to try! 

Welcome too! We will be learning to both navigate this together 🫶 seems like it will be easier the more I go through each group and learn to post in the right area!

Thanks for the recommendation! I hope you have a good week!!

Welcome and glad you found us @Kate986 ! Looks like you've got some great products and I second @Titian06 that you can always post in the monthly hauls threads. 

I have a super holy grail mascara that I love so much - it's the Benefit Cosmetics BADgal BANG! Volumizing Mascara Intense Pitch Black – 0.30 oz/ 8.5 g . It is not waterproof (though they have a waterproof version now) but it stays on me like no other! I like the volume of Better Than Sex, but it does start to disappear on me. The BadGal Bang stays on me all day and then some. 

As for brows, I really like the Gucci Gucci Crayon Définition Sourcils Eyebrow Pencil # and the GXVE BY GWEN STEFANI Hella On Point Clean Ultra-Fine Brow Pencil . Good luck and welcome again! 

Hi, @Kate986 !  Welcome!  Feel free to post your hauls in the monthly hauls thread.  For eyebrow pencils, I've been liking SEPHORA COLLECTION Retractable EyeBrow Pencil - Waterproof 1.5 Taupe .  I also use the Anastasia Brow Wiz and haven't had any problems with it.  For my frizz, I use a leave in conditioner ( adwoa beauty Melonberry Hair Milk Leave-In Conditioner 6.8 oz / 200 mL ), hair oil ( Verb Ghost Weightless Hair Oil 2 oz/ 60 mL) , and SEEN fragrance-free hair cream (available at Ulta).  This has been the best combo so far for my fine, thin, wavy, curly hair.  I don't wear mascara, so can't help with that.

Ooooh! I thought i posted in the right group 🫣.... sorry for that ! 

I have heard good things about the Verb products! 

I live so close to a sephora it's dangerous haaha I think I will have to get some samples of these hair products! I appreciate the recommendations 😊 thank you!!!

Hi!! @SportyGirly125 

thank you 😊

i haven't actually tried the Color Wow! That looks like it could definitely be a great addition I will be checking that out for sure!!!! 

I do tend to love the Anastasia eyebrow products, the kit they sell in the winter with the full size pencils is my favorite. 

Thanks for your advice! I'm looking forward to going to there today to look into it, and more then likely get it after reading reviews! 

I prefer a bunch of other mascaras over Better than Sex. If you like the voluminous, slightly clumpy look you could also try Kush Waterproof Mascara by Milk or limitless lash by Ilia. I used Better than Sex in high school and have actually been curious if I should try it again 5 years later. If you want to try a drugstore waterproof I also like the Falsies by Maybelline, hope this helps!

I second that,  MILK MAKEUP Mini KUSH High Volumizing Mascara 0.13 oz/ 4 mL  ( they also have Waterproof) MILK MAKEUP Mini KUSH Waterproof Mascara Aces it's a great volumizing mascara 😄 @Kate986 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 25 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing