Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Magical May Hauls 2024 ๐ŸŽฉโœจ

My oh my, May is here! ๐ŸŒฑ๐ŸŒธ It's time to show off all the magical must haves you picked up this month.

Let's give our hauls a moment to sparkle and shine! โญ

1000017278.gif

๐ŸŽ‰And of course a huge shout out to all the May Birthday Beauties! ๐ŸŽ‰

Wishing you all the most magical month. ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽ

1000017279.gif

May also holds a special day for all the Mama's, Aunts, Grand Mama's, and all the ladies who play a special role to the kiddo's in thier lives. ๐Ÿ’ Happy Mother's Day to all of you! ๐Ÿ’

If you are pampering anyone this month, we'd love to see what you've picked out. ๐Ÿซถ

Happy Haulin! ๐Ÿ›๏ธ 

Re: Magical May Hauls 2024 ๐ŸŽฉโœจ

I agree @CorgiMommy they do skin so well. ๐Ÿ˜„ Thank you!

I get so excited when I see my favorites at TJs or Marshallโ€™s. Iโ€™m glad you found one of yours @CynthieLu !

I've seen some fabulous things there lately but I have to cover my eyes and leave lol. Tell myself I don't need anything on repeat. ๐Ÿซฃ The best thing I've seen and left behind is salon size k18 for unbelievable deals. It's so hard to walk away. What have you been spotting? @faeriegirl 

@CynthieLu Nice scores!!  Thรฉ Laneige is great at regular price so excellent find at such a discount!   

Another amazon return turned a little weird haul.

STORY TIME

Amazon return gives you 10% off sephora purchases so I decided to go for a stroll. Just to go swatch some NARS shades (they didn't have Tainted Love and Viva @danielledanielle ๐Ÿฅฒ but maybe it was good it wasn't there, low buy low buy!) 

I found this Herbivore Waves of Clarity Skincare Set 50% off and with 4x on skincare, wthay. So I get to the checkout line and there's like 1 worker working the whole store and I wait about 4 mins for the lady in front of me to check out and by the time it's my turn to check out, there is another lady behind me with 2 little girls.

I ask the employee about the caffeine mask and she said she will check in the back for me, I asked the lady behind me, "do you mind if she checks the back? I hear its being discontinued. Or maybe she can check you out first?" The lady with the 2 little girls politely says "I don't mind, have her check"

So the sephora employee disappears to go check in the back for good... 10 mins plus I wanna say?

During this time, the lady behind the lady with 2 kids leaves (I guess she didn't think it was worth waiting to purchase) and the lady with 2 little girls and I are the only one in the store (Wednesday 11AM). Her and I are discussing Japonesque and how she usually shops at Ulta all the time but someone gave her a sephora gift card so here she is blah blah. After about 5 mins or so, I can start to sense she's getting impatient and just as she's saying "see? This is why I don't shop at sephora anymore", the employee returns.

The employee has obviously heard her (but she comes back with the last 10 caffeine eye masks for me. Yay) and tells the lady with 2 little girls "you can check out through the kohls line if you like, you don't have to wait here" (tbf, she was a little short with her) and 

BAM. FIRE WORKS GO OFF. 

The lady with the 2 little girls starts yelling at the employee and words are exchanged (the nastiness of the exchanges will be spared) and SHE THROWS A MASCARA ON THE SEPHORA EMPLOYEES FACE.

I swear I thought I was getting punked.

So the sephora employee is yelling now and the lady with 2 little girls is yelling and I'm like trying to let them calm down and put the blame on myself and saying she went to the back for me and that she can check out first blah blah.

I don't think neither of them were listening at this point. The lady with 2 little girls knock down a display and leaves and in the midst of all this, oddly enough, the lady with 2 little girls says to the sephora employee and yells "thanks for nothing bXXXX!" and then turns to me and says "But YOU (she means me) have a fantastic day, sweetheart!"

Both the sephora employee's and my face are ๐Ÿ˜ณ...

The sephora employee and I start picking up the display as she leaves (or more like I started to pick up and sephora employee joins me to help) and she thanks me and gives me 20% off for helping her.

Needless to say...... yay, I got my 10 caffeine masks. 

These were $1 each + 20%, yes, ladies. Run to your Sephora Kohls. Hopefully your journey there will be quiet and eventless ๐Ÿ™ƒ

1000017636.jpg

โ€ƒ

@jaaayp  yikes! That poor employee, those poor kids, poor you! having to deal with so much drama just to get your caffeine masks ๐Ÿ˜… Some people are so unbelievably rude and inappropriate, like it costs $0 to be kind and polite, you know? Scary that she just went off so suddenly after seeming friendly, too...At least you got out of there okay with your skincare deals! Nice haul by the way - just sorry you had to deal with that to get it!

Oh goodness, what an ordeal  @jaaayp . Glad you got your eye masks.

Ordeal indeed @Buootiful ! Thank you, I was glad at least I got out of the situation with the eye masks ๐Ÿ˜‚

@jaaayp  Oh my quite the story and experience!! Iโ€™m just so surprised!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Iโ€™m glad you got some masks!!!! They are sooo good! ๐Ÿ˜Š 

I was too @ather !! I think it took like a full hour for me to process what actually happened LOL she seemed so normal too! I'm gonna try one tonight ๐Ÿ˜‰ do you use yours at night or before makeup/morning??

@jaaayp  I usually do mine on the weekends because I have more time to myself. Mornings are so hectic for me. I wouldnโ€™t have time to do them unless I get up very early. And Iโ€™m not sure that would work for me. Iโ€™ve told myself I would wake up and workout in the morning but it never happened. So I like to put them on when I wake up on the weekends and give myself a little self care! When do you like to use them? 

Wow @jaaayp ! Iโ€™m glad you got a discount but that was a lot of drama๐Ÿ˜ณ

It was @faeriegirl ! I hope I never witness something like that in person again because I was like thiiiiis close to getting mad too LOL ๐Ÿ˜† 

@jaaayp Great deal!!  Iโ€™m not sure if the drama was worth it but that was nice of her to make amends for witnessing that childish behaviour those poor kids are learning is okay.  Yikes.  

Yes @heartsmyface the poor kids! They looked scared too. Shame shame!

Omg I'm glad you are ok!! @jaaayp people are Cray Cray lately

Right @lmaster ?! People's patience be running out these days or something! I swear I thought she was bipolar or something because her and I were like chatting it up ๐Ÿ˜ณ

@jaaayp it scares me how some people clearly have nothing to lose, even in front of their children

Woah @jaaayp that's nutty! And sooo intense. When I read Threw it at her face I think my jaw dropped. Never ever should there be physical acts of violence against retail workers. Like really?? That's not ok.  Holy moly.

You spared us the words exchange but wow you experienced some intense things today. ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

I KNOW @CynthieLu I 100% agree. I mean yes, the employee was a little annoyed but it was not enough to throw something at her. Ngl, if I got Mascara thrown in my face, I would have grabbed her hair ๐Ÿ˜’ ๐Ÿ˜ LOL (I know, I know, not an ok response either but I call it self defense! ๐Ÿ˜…)

@CynthieLu In front of kids too.  Great role modelling. 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos214
  • 1000017278.gif
  • 1000017279.gif
  • 17144986994738838166369396453455.jpg
  • 1000017375.jpg
  • 1000017377.jpg
  • IMG_4273.jpeg
  • IMG_4839.jpeg
  • DC3A9152-0AD0-4FFF-AFF4-8DC0E2D7F252.jpeg
  • 3E7CA2AA-24E8-487D-AD68-99B3FCF0BFC5.jpeg
  • I intentionally picked shades Sephora doesnโ€™t carry, so I could use other retailer rewards instead of my most recently acquired Rouge Reward (which Iโ€™ll use for different goodies).
  • Okay, NOW Iโ€™ll stop buying so many candles this year. :D
  • 17146722456176014968085215806512.jpg
  • IMG_4283.jpeg
  • IMG_4288.jpeg
  • IMG_4097.jpeg
testing