Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Magical May Hauls 2024 ๐ŸŽฉโœจ

My oh my, May is here! ๐ŸŒฑ๐ŸŒธ It's time to show off all the magical must haves you picked up this month.

Let's give our hauls a moment to sparkle and shine! โญ

1000017278.gif

๐ŸŽ‰And of course a huge shout out to all the May Birthday Beauties! ๐ŸŽ‰

Wishing you all the most magical month. ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽ

1000017279.gif

May also holds a special day for all the Mama's, Aunts, Grand Mama's, and all the ladies who play a special role to the kiddo's in thier lives. ๐Ÿ’ Happy Mother's Day to all of you! ๐Ÿ’

If you are pampering anyone this month, we'd love to see what you've picked out. ๐Ÿซถ

Happy Haulin! ๐Ÿ›๏ธ 

Re: Magical May Hauls 2024 ๐ŸŽฉโœจ

Thank you! @CorgiMommy it's a nice treat to finally get my hands on this brush. ๐Ÿ’œ

Recent Sephora haul20240510_215112-01.jpeg

The Voluspa sampler set was recommended by @itsfi - I ended up getting it from Sephora since it seemed to be sold out at Kohl's. Sephora did not package it very well and the candles were all over the place in the box, but by some miracle none of them were broken, thankfully. I am excited to try them! Also took advantage of the Oh Hair Yeah! sale on Living Proof to stock up on my favorite dry shampoo. The Charlotte Tilbury discovery set was an impulse buy lol - I can never resist a fragrance discovery set ๐Ÿ˜… I applied for the promo offer of Youth To The People Superfood Skin Drip Smooth + Glow Barrier Serum with Kale + Niacinamide 1 fl oz ...  sample but got a sample of their cleanser instead? ๐Ÿ˜•

Today's TJ Maxx haul (minus a couple of non-beauty items lol)

20240510_215202-01.jpeg

Beauty of Joseon glow serum is one of my favorites, so I was happy to pick up an extra at a discount. I also picked up a Glossier Balm Dotcom Lip Balm and Skin Salve Original , which I actually like to use when I wear perfume. I apply a little bit of the balm to my pulse points before applying fragrance, and it makes the scent last longer. I'm sure you could use Vaseline or any similar unscented lotion or balm for this, too. The Dionis hand cream set is going to be one of my mom's Mother's Day gifts.

Great haul @caitbird enjoy!

@makeitup305  thank you! ๐Ÿ˜Š

@caitbird, if ever there was a scentsational haulโ€ฆ ๐Ÿ˜ Those are some great candles you picked up. Will be curious to know which will be your favorite scent from that Voluspa set. The containers can be repurposed for so many things too, once you go through them.

@itsfi  thank you - and thanks for the recommendation! I am excited to try the Voluspa candles and find out which ones I like best! And I definitely plan to repurpose as many of the containers as I can, I think that's a great idea. What do you use yours for? I am always on the lookout for more ideas!

@caitbird, you're very welcome, always happy to help. ๐Ÿ˜Š Depending on the size, I've repurposed the Voluspa candle jars for a host of things - 

* makeup brush holder - I have a jar for clean brushes, to be used, as well as one for brushes-to-be-cleaned

* as a vase for flowers - many of the floral arrangements in my photos are in repurposed Voluspa candle jars

* jewelry - their candle tins I use for this purpose both at home and for traveling

* office suppliers - paper clips, binder clips, pencils, pens, ruler, scissors, etc.

* hair ties - I'm forever misplacing mine and the candle jars have come in handy as a repository for my hair accessories - hair ties, clips, claws, barettes, etc.

* Q-tips/cotton swabs, cotton rounds, etc.

* loose change 

* as a prettier valet to hold things like my car keys - the larger tins are great or this

* snacks (like snack size or individually wrapped candies) or powdered drink sticks (like my supergreens powder sticks)

* makeup - lipliners, eyeliners, lip gloss, lipsticks, eyeshadow sticks, blush sticks, fragrance rollerballs, perfume vials, concealer, eyebrown pencils, mascara, etc.

@itsfi  wow, thanks for all the ideas, I love this! ๐Ÿ’œ I like your method of sorting your makeup brushes into clean or dirty - I have mine in different containers depending on purpose/type (e.g. eye brushes, powder brushes, etc.) but your way seems very useful!

Yes, yes! I have many of my brushes organized in my drawers by category - eyes, blush, bronzer, etc. and then I'll pull out what I want to use and put the assortment of them in a holder like the Voluspa candle jar. @caitbird 

Awesome haul @caitbird! That candle set looks so good!

@faeriegirl  thank you! I am excited to start trying the candles!

Mmm those candles @caitbird ! Thatโ€™s a great tip for the Glossier and perfume, thank you for sharing it! ๐Ÿ’ž

@Sunnysmom  thank you! And you're welcome, hopefully it will be helpful to somebody!

Look at all those candles, @caitbird! I love it!

@curlychiquita  thank you! I am just getting into candles, but I am not good at doing things by halves ๐Ÿ˜…

@caitbird  Great haul! Voludpa has great candles. They have a great scent throw. I hope you find some favs! 

@ather  thank you! I have definitely heard good things about Voluspa, so I was excited to try this set. I am sure I will find some loves among them - I'm just curious to find out which ones I'll like best!

Fantastic candle set!! @caitbird 

@lmaster  thank you! I'm very excited about it! ๐Ÿ˜Š

@caitbird  LOVE! I feel like I can almost smell these through my phone ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜

@Southernchic99  thank you! ๐Ÿ’œ They do smell very good!

Conversation Stats
Photos170
  • 1000017278.gif
  • 1000017279.gif
  • 17144986994738838166369396453455.jpg
  • 1000017375.jpg
  • 1000017377.jpg
  • IMG_4273.jpeg
  • IMG_4839.jpeg
  • DC3A9152-0AD0-4FFF-AFF4-8DC0E2D7F252.jpeg
  • 3E7CA2AA-24E8-487D-AD68-99B3FCF0BFC5.jpeg
  • I intentionally picked shades Sephora doesnโ€™t carry, so I could use other retailer rewards instead of my most recently acquired Rouge Reward (which Iโ€™ll use for different goodies).
  • Okay, NOW Iโ€™ll stop buying so many candles this year. :D
  • 17146722456176014968085215806512.jpg
  • IMG_4283.jpeg
  • IMG_4288.jpeg
  • IMG_4097.jpeg
testing