Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Fetching February Hauls 2023

It’s almost February ! Join me in posting your exciting February (and Valentines)  Hauls - it might be the shortest month but I’m sure our hauls won’t be the smallest!!! 

2DD26645-52B0-4B0A-95FD-A57E5C27BB3E.gif

7BFA43DD-1B49-4A36-8E8B-0E46CEB3DF8D.gif

Re: Fetching February Hauls 2023

@Nickelliebear1  Wow Tatcha at a discount 😍. Good for you!  The JVN hair milk has been good for my hair.  Let us know how the deep moisture mask works out 🌹

@Nickelliebear1  Wow great haul!!! I love JVN!!! And I’ve never seen discounted Tatcha before!! 

I go to the Winners in the mall dang near every day— I don’t know what goodies I’m waiting to see but there’s clearly something. I’ve never seen Charlotte Tilbury before today and they had the value size of the OLEHENRIKSEN Glow2OH 7% AHA Exfoliating Dark Spot Toner for less than $15. 

Excellent finds @Nickelliebear1 !

I'd love be to find the Tatcha Essence at a TJMaxx, @Nickelliebear1!

@curlychiquita @the best part was finding it on a double sale at winners!  In Canada, the retail price is $144.  I wound up getting it for $36, I couldn’t pass that up.

@Nickelliebear1 that is amazing! Congratulations!

@Nickelliebear1 @Great haul and deal

Wow that's a great haul @Nickelliebear1 

that tatcha is a great find @Nickelliebear1 !

@Nickelliebear1 Great haul. I still have to try the JVN mask. I have it waiting in my stash. The packaging on the Tatcha treatment is so pretty. That is awesome you got it for a great price.

Sephora Rouge Reward order: 

Really a late January order, but it took me a while to unbox.Really a late January order, but it took me a while to unbox.
Notes & swatches: 
Spoiler
SEPHORA COLLECTION Dry Shampoo Brush Cleaner - I loved the previous formulation of this brush cleaner for my squirrel brushes and was sad when it disappeared from shelves and the site. Now it’s back and completely reformulated. The old version had sweet almond and safflower seed oils that helped condition my brushes. The only oil in the new version is sandalwood oil (eh, “extract”). But the new version should at least still get the between-washings* job done, since the new solvent is isododecane. (Old solvents were cyclopentasiloxane and cyclohexasiloxane.) 

*I’ve never relied on any spray-on brush cleaner to thoroughly wash a brush. They’re just for use between true washings. 

adwoa beauty Melonberry Hair Milk Leave-In Conditioner 6.8 oz / 200 mL - been curious about this for a while. I’m already a fan of some products in the Baomint line (the leave-in conditioner, gel, and cream), but sometimes that scent annoys me, plus those products contain some ingredients my facial skin hates so I have to keep them and my hair off my face. Also, I wish the cream and gel were packaged in tubes instead of jars. Several Melonberry Hair Milk reviews complain about packaging and yeah, I don’t understand why this leave-in has a spray pump instead of a cream/lotion pump. It absolutely needs the latter, and I might try to swap the spray pump out if I can find a substitute that fits the bottle. I haven’t used this product on my hair yet, so jury’s still out on performance. It smells better (to me) than the Baomint stuff, though. 

#PAT McGRATH LABS ChromaLuxe Artistry Pigment Star Wars™ Edition Smuggler’s Spice - the moment I saw swatches of this shade, I thought “aaah, I can finally get VR Rose Venus without having to buy Mothership VII” (one of the only two Motherships I intentionally don’t own) and planned to spend a rouge reward on it. The color shift is gorgeous in person. Yes, I know Clionadh, Sydney Grace, and others have near-dupes of VR Rose Venus. Heck, there’s one in Natasha Denona’s Bronze palette, but I’m not drawn enough to Bronze’s overall color story to buy it. 🤷‍♀️ 

#PAT McGRATH LABS Lunar New Year Collection: MatteTrance™ Lipstick Rouge 8 - as if I was really gonna resist this for long. The bullet embossing’s not as stunning as, say, a Catkin bullet, but it’s still very pretty. Eh, that’s not why I bought Rouge 8 anyway. The color reads more deep coral red than brick red on me, and that’s a good thing. (I love brick reds but have too many of ‘em, so having this one lean more coral red helps me justify owning it. Signed, a lipstick addict who seriously needs to declutter.) 

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Fenty Icon The Fill Semi-Matte Refillable Lipstick Frreak-Went-Flyer - if not for Pat’s Rouge 8, I’d have also ordered Danger Danc’r. I’m so glad I kept this shade instead. Cannot describe how happy this particular red makes me. I’m sure I have dupes in my hoard but I’m not gonna swatch-compare to confirm, at least not yet. 😅 I hope Fenty brings some of their fun Mattemoiselle shades to the Icon line, perhaps as LE shades if they’re worried no one (but me) will buy blue, teal, green, orange, and black shades. 

SamplesI usually forget to include Sephora samples in my photos, but the adorable mini tube of Dior Addict Lip Max demanded to be seen. I probably can’t even use that product; gotta check the INCI list again, but I’m pretty sure there’s capsaicin in this stuff. I love spicy chili peppers but I don’t want the burn on my lips all day—even if it’s a much milder burn than I’d use in my dishes. I’ll probably gift that DS away so someone else can enjoy the cute mini. 

hauls-2023-feb-5-swatches.jpeg

@WinglessOne Great pickups and the swatches of the Fenty lipstick just made me add it to my wishlist. 

Thank you @AznAngelLiz @Saradestin and @CynthieLu ! 

I love everything you picked! Gorgeous swatches @WinglessOne. As always, thank you for your detailed reviews!

You got a really good swatch of Smugglers Spice @WinglessOne I can see it in all it's shifting beauty. I can tell that's a fun one!

Enjoy your pretty haul 💗 Sorry to hear you can't wear the gwp mini lippie

@WinglessOne  Your new lipsticks are so lovely 🥰 

Thank you @Cissy63 ! 

@WinglessOne  Smugglers spice is so pretty! I can see why you had to get it! Great idea with the brush cleaner!! 

Thanks @ather ! Spray-on brush cleaners have never removed all product from my brushes, so for me, they're no substitute for a true lathered-up washing. But they definitely have their place. 🙂 

I’m kind of on overload.. i want to buy stuff but now that I switched out to new acrylic holders and drawers, I feel like I don’t have room and not much is pulling me in!

i did pick up a PTR eye serum to go with all the new PTR water drench moisturizer and serum sets I just picked up last month

38 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos217
  • ND Mini Gold palette swatches.
  • Wish I'd caught daylight hours for swatch photos, but warm indoor lights will have to do.
  • 7BFA43DD-1B49-4A36-8E8B-0E46CEB3DF8D.gif
  • 2DD26645-52B0-4B0A-95FD-A57E5C27BB3E.gif
  • EF0DE601-A903-4670-A114-F7DDD0FE3393.gif
  • 602BB46A-F3B6-4C61-9F20-0B4888E572C8.jpeg
  • 2C98BB45-93E2-467A-B134-E26E44A5F706.jpeg
  • 688674A3-4566-4338-ABC0-EB341730CED7.jpeg
  • B630903E-1031-49E7-B55E-D3C9F695A380.jpeg
  • B3F322C7-B866-4624-9EF9-AC6AC82BACAC.jpeg
  • 2.1.2023 Haul - Ami Cole 2.jpg
  • Ami Cole direct
  • Credo Beauty
  • Sephora