Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Haul Stars
|

Fetching February Hauls 2023

It’s almost February ! Join me in posting your exciting February (and Valentines)  Hauls - it might be the shortest month but I’m sure our hauls won’t be the smallest!!! 

2DD26645-52B0-4B0A-95FD-A57E5C27BB3E.gif

7BFA43DD-1B49-4A36-8E8B-0E46CEB3DF8D.gif

Re: Fetching February Hauls 2023

@itsfi So many new products to try, you've got to let me know your thoughts on the Ami Cole lip oil and how it compares  to the Dior one

@AznAngelLiz, I like the Ami Cole lip oils a lot. 😍 They feel moisturizing on the lips and add a nice shine and plumpness to them. The Dior has a slight tack to it that's not on the Ami Cole. I'll wear both of them in the next couple of days for a better comparison and will get back to you. 

@itsfi Oooo I’ve been eyeing the ami Cole! Great choices. Have you tested the new oil shades you picked up? Do you have a favourite? 

great picks from the SC buy more save more!! Have you used the products before? I don’t think I’ve seen the strawberry or blueberry? Are they new? Is there a good scent? 

ahhhh happy you tried the Blume? Did you try the matcha yet? It’s my fav afternoon drink. Making it as an iced latte is so yummy. I think the hot chocolate was my next fav flavour. I’ve been eyeing the rosé London fog. But I need to use what I have already first 🤣 

@ather, ohhh, I think you'd like these lip oils. I've worn all 3 of the tinted shades and have no regrets picking them up. 

Ami Cole - Excellence.jpg

Ami Cole - Bliss.jpg

Ami Cole - Smitten.jpg

All are beautiful, but I'd have to say that Smitten is my favorite of the 3, followed by Excellence and then Bliss. 

Wow! They all look amazing on you @itsfi ! Thank you for the lip swatches 

thank you @Saradestin! The formula on these lip oils is wonderful - it has the moisturizing benefits of an oil without the greasy look or feel that can also come with an oil. 👍🏼 

One vote for Smitten @itsfi tho I really like Bliss on you too!

@Sunnysmom, thank you. I'm taken with Smitten, such a pretty shade. I was surprised by Bliss, it looked more peachy in the tube which made me a little nervous how it would wear on my lips but so far, so good!

@itsfi  As soon as I saw these pics I was like yes smitten is so pretty on you!! I can see how it ranked top of your favs. I really think they all look great on you but smitten looks so perfect on you! I may need to pick one or 3 up!! 

Thank you @ather! Lol, yes, 1 or 3, indeed! 😃 These make my lips look glossy and juicy, without being sticky. The colors are all very pretty and I love that they’re hydrating. Can’t get enough hydration this time of the year! 

@ather @I picked up Ami Colé Hydrating Lip Treatment Oil in Bliss for @danielledanielle and it looked really pretty. 

@itsfi those SC products look so nice! i dont think theyre available in Canada (the prebiotics)

Wait, what @cianni @ather? The masks are not available in Canada? Do the SC product launches usually happen at the same time? Hmm... I wonder if maybe you'll get them soon? The prebiotic masks are fairly new releases so I'm hoping they find their way there. Well, hold that thought, actually. I haven't yet tried them but plan to do so soon. If they're good, I hope they make their way up north soon. 

cianni, the mascara is the waterproof version of the volumizing and lengthening version. I was really happy to see a waterproof version. Will be putting it to the test this weekend!

@itsfi  @cianni  I just looked and I see the probiotic mask now!!! Adding to cart!!! Can’t wait to hear your thoughts Itsfi! 

@ather officially influenced!! thanks for double checking!!

Yaaay @ather @cianni!! I’m glad to hear that the prebiotic masks are available at Sephora Canada. 👍🏼 I patched tested both versions and used the strawberry 🍓 one last night. It’s pretty good.

The strawberry mask is aimed at nourishing and comforting skin. It is thicker in consistency than the blueberry version. The strawberry has a cream texture while the blueberry one resembles more of a lotion (and claims to make skin glow), not as thick as the strawberry. 

C2636B75-DE99-4C1A-BEBB-71A6220FF77D.jpeg

The strawberry mask claims 8 hour hydration. I don’t get 8 hours of sleep (I know, something to work on), but my skin feels soft and smooth this morning. It also feels hydrated and moisturized, not dry, which is great - it’s cold and raining so my skin can often feel more dry, a little tight in this weather.

@itsfi i am so with you on the 8 hours of sleep thing - i should have made that my NY resolution but i wanted to stick with something more realistic 😂 i think i'll try the strawberry based on your review/initial impressions! i like a thicker consistency for a sleeping mask 

Hahaha @cianni! I completely understand about wanting to stick with something doable! 😆 I stopped making 8 hours of sleep a resolution years ago; these days, I consider it a win if I’m in bed (or close to my bed) when I should be asleep in order to hit the 8 hours. Bonus points if I’m actually close to turning off the light. 🤣 I’ll be curious to know your take on the strawberry mask. Keep us posted. 

@itsfi  Thanks for the review! I can really see the difference in consistency. The strawberry sounds so good. I hear you about the 8 hours of sleep. I need to work on it too. But I can see the 8 hour hydration is definitely something I need especially during the dry months! 

@ather, that 8-hours of sleep is a hard one to come by. Even if I call it a night to get in 8 hours, I rarely if ever get the full 8, unless I’m not feeling well. 😔 A work in progress. 

I was pleasantly surprised by the strawberry mask. I know I went in with some skepticism - in the past, these wash off / overnight masks from Sephora in the tub containers have not been hits with me, but this one performed well. 👍🏼 

@cianni  Oh darn. I wondered why I hadn’t heard of it before!! 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos217
  • ND Mini Gold palette swatches.
  • Wish I'd caught daylight hours for swatch photos, but warm indoor lights will have to do.
  • 7BFA43DD-1B49-4A36-8E8B-0E46CEB3DF8D.gif
  • 2DD26645-52B0-4B0A-95FD-A57E5C27BB3E.gif
  • EF0DE601-A903-4670-A114-F7DDD0FE3393.gif
  • 602BB46A-F3B6-4C61-9F20-0B4888E572C8.jpeg
  • 2C98BB45-93E2-467A-B134-E26E44A5F706.jpeg
  • 688674A3-4566-4338-ABC0-EB341730CED7.jpeg
  • B630903E-1031-49E7-B55E-D3C9F695A380.jpeg
  • B3F322C7-B866-4624-9EF9-AC6AC82BACAC.jpeg
  • 2.1.2023 Haul - Ami Cole 2.jpg
  • Ami Cole direct
  • Credo Beauty
  • Sephora