Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Gift Ideas
|

Holiday Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in your basket?

2020-12-sephorathon-bi-dollar-savings-offer-site-community-all-tiers-chat-bubbles-us-final.jpg

It’s that time of year, BIC! The holiday season is here, and we know many of you have some important shopping decisions to make. Whether you’re checking off gifts for your loved ones, or looking to treat yourself, we want to know: What beauty goodies are on your list this year? Got a solid strategy for getting the most out of the holiday sales and deals? Let Community know how you’re building your basket!

Click the “Reply” button below to share your holiday shopping list, post pics of your holiday hauls, or ask other members for gifting/product advice! 😊

Re: Holiday Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in your basket?

@TeamBIC at the moment I only need face wash, a back up of The Ordinary Rosehip Oil, Patrick Ta's new face gloss and whatever my Secret Santa needs off their wish list.

I had planned to wait a few days, in case a higher cash-back % popped up at Rakuten. But since my basket included a couple things that keep going OOS, I checked out last night: 

• Givenchy Le Rouge Night Noir Lipstick 04 Night In Blue - and see, this is okay because it's the only lipstick item in my basket! I'm so proud of myself! 😄 
  • adwoa beauty Baomint™ Leave In Conditioning Styler 14 oz/ 414 mL - contains various bad-for-my-skin essential oils, but I kinda like Adwoa's gel and can avoid bad reactions as long as I keep it (and my hair) off my face. 
  • OTHERLAND Kindling Campfire Vegan Candle - my continuing quest for a candle that actually smells like a campfire. Closest I've ever gotten is WoodWick Wood Smoke. If anyone knows a candle that truly smells like burning wood—not just a wood scent but also a big punch of smoke—let me know! 
  • SEPHORA COLLECTION Clear Skin Days by Sephora Collection Brightening Peel Pads - finally caught these in stock, so I can try them! I'm normally a 10% AHA gal but there's always a place in my skincare rotation for a far gentler exfoliant. 
  • PAT McGRATH LABS Celestial Divinity Eyeshadow Palette Interstellar Icon and PAT McGRATH LABS Celestial Divinity Luxe Quad Risqué Rose - the latter's now showing OOS, so I hope my order gets fulfilled. 
  • #MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Resist Color Pencil Eyeliner 04 Sand - I said elsewhere that I hope MUFE releases more shades of this liner because they're fantastic. Might as well add one more existing shade to my collection! 

I might do an order pickup purchase this weekend to get a backup PAT McGRATH LABS Mega Mothership: Celestial Divinity Eyeshadow Palette for myself, and/or perhaps another one as a gift for someone. Also, still trying very hard to talk myself out of more lipstick purchases. And I should probably do a concealer restock during this sale. If Natasha Denona's new Triochrome palette hits Sephora during the sale, I miiiight also have to buy that, especially if I can pick it up in-store. 

Diptyque has a wood fire scented candle that smells very authentic - lots of smoke. 

Thanks for the recommendation, @PenePC ! I have that Diptyque candle (Feu de Bois) and it does smell great! It's also very close to the kind of smokiness I'm after. 👍

Hi guys! So I'm new to makeup well I watch alot and I'm starting, and I was wondering what would y'all recommend me. I prefer a natural look with some middle coverage and build able. I have combo skin just a FYI. Also... Can Sephora find like my undertones and foundation shade? You know with what's going on right now Idk!! Please help me 😭!

I've been in the stores and they have been able to color match me. It might depend where you live though bc I think different stores have different rules. I'd call your local store and ask. 

Thank you so much🙃

@Leslievv #La Mer The Soft Fluid Long Wear Foundation SPF 20

Honestly, I like to go to the actual store to get shade matched, especially in the day time so I get lighting. However, due to COVID, probably the best way is to fine the best foundation match you have, look it up on Sephora, and usually, the foundation shade will show the undertone and give you like a "shade." For example, my perfect foundation match is Nars sheer glow in Deauville. The description says "light with yellow undertones." It's not always perfect but it helps!

Thank you so much💕

Has anyone with dry skin tried the new Farmacy Honey Halo Ultra-Hydrating Ceramide Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL especially under makeup? I'm having the hardest time trying to find a good fit for me with it comes to moisturizers for under makeup. My nighttime cream is too heavy for underneath makeup so I need something and what I was using was something an SA sold me on (Laura Mercier day cream which I saw they reformulated) is probably expired by now since I've not been going anywhere for the last 6+ months. FAB products sadly do no work for me along with Peter Thomas Roth, SkinFix and Tatcha (I had the most amazing makeup day using their water cream and then my skin broke out like crazy the next day and I do not suffer from acne thankfully. Took almost 3 weeks to fix it IDK what happened). Thanks in advance!

Bobbie Brown Vitamin Enriched Face base! Great under makeup!! Tried & true! Good luck!! ☺️

@niki172, I have a DS of this Farmacy moisturizer. My skin is leaning more dehydrated-dry now that the weather is cooling down. I've used this moisturizer with concealer and with a cushion foundation and it's been fine. If you let me know what foundation(s) you usually wear, I'll see if I have something similar and test it out this week with the Farmacy moisturizer. 

@itsfi thank you! I usually wear Laura Mercier foundation and concealer as I have a hard time trying to find a match for my skin tone. I appreciate the feedback immensely 😊.

@niki172, I completely understand having a hard time finding a good foundation match. Sometimes that is my rationale for picking up more foundations. Hahaha! I've used the Farmacy Honey Halo under my foundation for the last two days and it's held up pretty well. I had a sample of the Laura Mercier Flawless Fusion foundation and that's what I used on both days; I used my Armani Power Fabric Concealer which is lighter in consistency and more liquid in texture than the LM Secret Camouflage concealer.

Monday, I just used my SPF as a primer and the foundation held up pretty well; near mid-day, the foundation started separating a bit around the side of my nose and other parts of my face that tend to be oilier, which is probably fairly common. I did not see any caking on the drier parts of my face, which is always nice.

Yesterday, I also used the Honey Halo moisturizer but applied a primer after my sunblock and the foundation wore very nicely through the day. No separation on the oilier parts either. Yay!

I have the Farmacy moisturizer on again today but this time over an oil-based serum and I'll see how the foundation fares and get back to you. If you have questions, let me know.

@itsfi thank you so much for doing that ❤️ it's so kind of you to do a test run for me. LM came out with a new concealer that I use (flawless cushion - more hydrating) and I also happen to have the Armani concealer that you used as well so it sounds like a great fit. Out of fear of it going OOS I did order the Farmacy on Sunday so it sounds like a great fit! I have to add an oil to my foundation along with spf, moisturizer, and hydrating primer to try and get my foundation to not look cakey/separate from the dryness of my skin, but it still needs help so I hope this will do the trick. I'm glad it sounds like you got it to work for you with no makeup break ups throughout the day - that's major! Again thank you so very much for doing such an intensive trial run I don't know how to thank you 🥰.

I like Dr Jart Ceramidin Cream.

@niki172 I recently got it and I love it.  Fair warning--it's a little intimidating straight out of the jar because it initially feels very thick and rich.  I'll admit that I was a little worried at first BUT somehow it really just melts into my skin and gives me hydration that lasts all day but doesn't make me look or feel greasy.  It's definitely nourishing and thankfully it wears beautifully under makeup and plays nicely with all of the primers that I've tried with it.  A little goes a long way, too!  It doesn't have any added fragrance and the scent is very natural.  I've heard people say that it smells like honey--which would make sense--but I don't get that out of it.  If you're skeptical about investing in a full size but like some of the other Farmacy products, you might even look into the Farmacy House of Gold set because you get two travel-sized products and one full-size.  Hope this helps!

Thanks @CookieGirl1 for the feedback! I may just go ahead and pick up a jar of it after all. I wish Farmacy had another set/smaller size that was a bit more affordable as I don't need another honeymoon glow (I have an unopened bottle) especially when you just want to try one of their items out. I mean $45 isn't terrible by any means, but to shell that out and it not work kinda stinks you know? Oh well I've come this far here goes nothing 😅.

Try the Saturday skin moisturizer it’s great I use it daily & went thru all the same issues 

Hi beauties! Hope you’re all doing fab 🙂 

Im looking for recommendations on tinted moisturizers, something to gently exfoliate skin, and a moisturizer for dry skin. 

happy shopping!

226 Replies
testing