Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Gift Ideas
|

Holiday Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in your basket?

2020-12-sephorathon-bi-dollar-savings-offer-site-community-all-tiers-chat-bubbles-us-final.jpg

It’s that time of year, BIC! The holiday season is here, and we know many of you have some important shopping decisions to make. Whether you’re checking off gifts for your loved ones, or looking to treat yourself, we want to know: What beauty goodies are on your list this year? Got a solid strategy for getting the most out of the holiday sales and deals? Let Community know how you’re building your basket!

Click the “Reply” button below to share your holiday shopping list, post pics of your holiday hauls, or ask other members for gifting/product advice! 😊

Re: Holiday Shopping Advice Thread: What’s in your basket?

@TeamBIC My dad asked me to pick out some gifts for my sister.  She'll be visiting him, and he wanted me to pick out some things that can she open.  (She's getting a check as her main gift.)  I picked out some SC things so we could get the most bang out of his buck.  I got her SEPHORA COLLECTION Eye Love Eyeshadow Palette Light Warm SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Hand Mask  Viktor & Rolf Magic Collection Sampler Set (unable to tag):

https://www.sephora.com/product/viktor-rolf-magic-collection-discovery-set-P452679?skuId=2290120&icid2=products%20grid:p452679:product

SC Holiday Kisses Lipstick Stories Lipstick Ornament (It's OOS, so unable to tag)

I need a good moisturizer that’s not too expensive.. I have combo skin it’s sometimes oily and sometimes really dry depending on what I put on my skin... I’ve tried many things but been outta the skincare loop the last 6 months or so... any suggestions on something not too expensive but still good? I was looking at the Farmacy newer green moisturizer or maybe the laneige moisturizer that seems to be popular ? I’m so indecisive!!! ALSO MAIN THING I NEEDDD something GOOD AND STRONg for acne!!! Some of its cystic too but it’s been bad! Advice on a treatment for acne and a moisturizer would be amazing! Help! Thanks! 

@Dee81289 I'd seek out some Differin Gel for the acne, not available at Sephora but can be bought at Walmart/Ulta/Pharmacy.  It's a prescription product in Canada but available OTC in the US.  As for a moisturizer, I'd suggest the La Roche Posay B5 Cicaplast.  Also not available at Sephora, but it's missing a lot of the more irritating ingredients some moisturizers contain and will help with any additional dryness that your acne products bring on.

Try out the belif moisturizers they are great value for money and come in combo sets with deluxe sizes of other products from their line to try out ! 
For cystic acne I love the Sunday Riley UFO mask as a powerful spot treatment alternated with the peace out acne dot stickers ! They really work ! 

The inky list. I would go for a product that contains a gentle exfoliation, niacinamide and a gel hydrating moisturizer. You could get all of those without spending a lot if you try the inky list or the ordinary. I prefer the inky list. You can trailer an entire skin care routine for less than even drugstore skincare. Niaminicide will help with acne along with fading any scars and make pores appear much smaller. Products start at about $5-$6 and, I normally use high end skincare but I have switched out to include this line. If you want a list, I’m happy to help you out with some of the products that have worked for me. 

Hey! Does anyone have an opinion on the Tower 28 beauty shine on milky lip jelly gloss? I’m thinking of getting it in the shade oat.

Tower 28 Beauty ShineOn Milky Lip Jelly Gloss Oat  Tower 28 Beauty ShineOn Lip Jelly Non-Sticky Gloss 

Omg I bought it for Christmas and it’s wonderful! I wrote a full review on it if you want to check that out. Tower 28 Beauty ShineOn Milky Lip Jelly Gloss Tower 28 Beauty ShineOn Lip Jelly Non-Sticky Gloss 

@ICFKoalaI (myself)

It's one of the best products I've tried in 2020 @lCFKoalal , I'd highly recommend it to anyone. 

@missjeanie I still have it on my love list.  Need to purchase it soon.

@SportyGirly125 It's really been a favourite of mine this year.  Both the jelly and the milky have been wins for me, though I do prefer a sheer balm/gloss over a full on lipstick these days. They feel very soft, have the slip as though there's some nice oil in there and aren't sticky in the least. I'll bet you'd look great in any of the shades. 

It’s my favorite lip gloss ever! So silky and plump. The lack of flavor isn’t amazing but it’s a great gloss and so worth it in my opinion!

Anonymous Insider

Not buying anything. Seems like a good deal but Sephora raised the prices of items a few days ago. Which is pretty sneaky. 

)?

Dr Jart Tiger Grass... love  it for the winter weather and it is calming to the skin . Its my ‘holy grail’ for the eye area 

My favorite moisturizer is definitely Bababomb by Tarte. Just the right amount of thickness to feel like it’s actually doing something without it being too heavy AND there is no scent. I also love the packaging because it dispenses the perfect amount so you don’t accidentally overuse it! I’ve tried many moisturizers but always return to this one.

Should I splurge and get #Dior glow lip balm or the oil? Looking at the Rosewood shade. (I’m NW20 in Mac)

haha! You won’t be asking that question after you hear this story: so my friend bought it once cause she was looking for a good tinted gloss, but when she got it she loved it so much that she bought 2 other shades! And she kept running out because you get so little product that now she buys like 2 every month!

@Jmt1971 Dior Lip Glow Oil 

@lCFKoalal I've heard great things about this product.  

@Jmt1971 I love the Dior lip oil.  On my gallery I have pictures of me wearing coral, rosewood and berry.

Looking for a mascara that won’t give me raccoon eyes! I like tubing mascaras but I’m looking for something with a little more volume/length. Any suggestions?

226 Replies
testing