Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What’s a warm/spicy/gourmand fragrance that blows your mind?

I’ve been on the hunt for the ultimate cozy/comforting fragrance. i love Tobacco and tonka bean and i was gifted Daniel Josie’s “Ambre Tabac Edp”, it’s very luxurious smelling and a smooth cinnamon heavy fragrance. it’s amazing and i want to have something similar, but more on the yummy side ifykwim. 

I purchased Parfums de Marly Herod recently and it’ll arrive soon, heard good things about it being amazing and hope to make it a main fragrance of mine. this was my first step into investing in a more high end warm fragrance but not necessarily gourmand…

Re: What’s a warm/spicy/gourmand fragrance that blows your mind?

@HookDrew #Maison Mariela ’REPLICA’ Jazz Club and Mind Games Double Attack immediately came to mind. Have fun curating your perfume collection, it is quite the rabbit hole you’re falling into!

1. Angel’s Share by Killian; boozy, cinnamon, spicy: feels/smells like the holidays. KILIAN Paris Angels Share Eau De Parfum Travel Spray 0.24 oz/ 7.5 mL 
2. Italica by Xerjoff; almond-cherry cake, rich, delicious. Long lasting, pairs well other Cherry fragrances. 
3. Chocolate Queen by Navitus Parfums; chocolate, dulce de leche, boozy, indulgent; great party or celebration fragrance for all gourmand lovers. It’s relatively new; love that it’s unique! 

I just posted in another thread about Kerosene's gourmands. They're definitely yummy, but perhaps even too much so for some! Followed, for example, makes me smell like a tall stack of pancakes. Of the ones I've tried, I think Winter of '99 might be the least sweet; it's a little toasty and woodsy, too.

@HookDrew 

Classic tobaccos with vanilla

In niche, you might want to try Slumberhouse's Kiste or Jeke. They're both very rich and excellent niche fragrances, the only trouble is sourcing bottles as they're not always easily available.

If you're open to straight up spicy gourmands, no tobacco, these are some easy wears

• Libertine makes a couple affordable and lovely wears: Gilded and Troubled Spirits
  • Jazmin Sarai's Otis & Me is perfect for cardamom lovers. Other cardamom coffees that come to mind are Pekji's Ruh and KILIAN Paris Intoxicated 1.7 oz/ 50 mL #
  • Kerosene can run a bit too sweet and rough for my taste but it's an interesting house
  • Tauer's L'Air du Desert Marocain is more focus on the spice and isn't sweet but it's a benchmark niche classic
  • I tend to enjoy Bertrand Duchaufour's work with smoky and spicy notes. His fragrances cross many houses. 

@pocketvenus any ideas?

@Samtian Yes! Sorry I forgot to tag you in the post above and thanks for thinking of me!

@pocketvenus You are so knowledgeable thank you!

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 16 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing