Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What fragrances do you remember from your childhood the most?

375x500.9148.jpg

MV5BNmU5N2NiYzctNWNlNS00NzdlLWE5ZGUtM2Q2MzI4NjE0NDZkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjM0MzAyNTU@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

I also remember Verve, Tabu, Heaven Scent, Exclamation, Designer Impostor Body Sprays, Giorgio, Liz Claiborne, Eternity, Navy, Charlie, Anise Anise, Love's Baby Soft, Jean Nate, Chantilly, Le Fleur.  Funny how back in the day we often bought fragrances from the drugstore on the cheap!

RE: Re: What fragrances do you remember from your childhood the most?

I actually wear Youth Dew oil. I love that deep rose scent. However I wear it sparingly because it's very loud and strong.

Re: What fragrances do you remember from your childhood the most?

@ellie50 I still have my Poison and Tresor too! I remember my grandmother had Youth Dew powder with the big puff.  I worked for Estee Lauder a few years ago and they can out with Youth dew amber nude, and wow that was powerful stuff!  My dad got me a bottle of White Shoulders just before he passed away, I really was surprised at how much I liked it, and still do! I'll try to remember some others I can't think of offhand. 

@sister13 I've been wanting to try White Shoulders.  I looked into it, and apparently the formula changed once it was sold to Elizabeth Arden (I think that's the company that bought it).  I original was owned by Evyan.  I read that an Australian chemist invented it, and got paid next to nothing for it.  Sad!

Image result for white shoulders evyan

@ellie50 I totally recall Love's Baby Soft.  When it became popular again my mom scooped it up.  Good memory on the English Leather!  My dad used to occasionally wear Old Spice.

@ellie50We must be in the same age group.  Love's Baby Soft was my first fragrance besides samples that the Avon lady gave my Mom.  Jovan's SKIN musk oil was my other favorite.

@ragdoll4mom I thought I should post this since we are all remembering Love's Baby Soft:

Image result for love's baby soft

Jean Nate will always bring my childhood to mind. My grandmother and mother both used this splash to stay fresh, and to get a whiff of it now is to immediately be transported to a time when life was simple and smelled like sunshine 😍 

@LCResz My mom used that, too, as a special treat after a bath or shower.

Image result for wine that looks like jean nate

Have you ever tried that wine that is in a bottle similar to Jean Nate?  I wish I could remember the name!  It was very nutty and I didn't care for it.  But it was a cool bottle to display in college!

@greeneyedgirl107 There was a wine bottle that looked like Jean Nate?! I'm current fascinated by Lucky Buddha's bottle, I want to turn them into candles!IMG_3309.JPG

The beer itself is awful though, I'll stick to Left Hand Brewery's line up. 

My mother has always worn Chanel No. 5 and Shalimar.  The Shalimar I love.. the No. 5 not so much lol.  I don't identify a fragrance for my grandmother.. I know she wears and enjoys perfume, and she always likes the mini sets from Sephora (bonus: she gives me the freebie coupon); guess she just doesn't have a signature scent other than home cooked meal?

I remember really liking a perfume from Limited Too, a very sugary vanillaly scent.. I think it was in a purple rollerball.  Sugar Vanilla maybe?  I have spent my adult life trying to duplicate that scent and have never come close.  I bet if I smelled it today, I'd be turned off.. nostalgia is a heck of a drug 🙂  unrelated: I wish I still owned all my mid-90's flannels from that store!!

@shimmerbait I love what you wrote about your grandmother: "guess she just doesn't have a signature scent other than home cooked meal?"  And that's super generous that she gives you the full sized fragrance coupons!

I'm also not in love with Chanel No. 5.  I remember when I finally had enough money to splurge - I tried it on, didn't like it and was soooo disappointed!

Aww, @shimmerbait, that's what grandmothers do.  I wonder if she has a favorite?

Mine was drugstore-Vanilla Musk when I was in the 7th grade 😛

@twilightnicky I think a lot of us owned that back in the day!

Whoops! Its Vanilla Fields I wore lol. Even though I wont smell/wear it anymore, Im still crazy in love with vanilla scented perfumes 😄

Same.Lavanilla Flowerbomb anything with good vanilla is HEAVEN

@twilightnicky A good vanilla scent is really hard to find!

@twilightnicky, I remember the most popular vanilla/musk at my high school was Jovan!

@twilightnicky, I remember Jovan Musk being very popular too. Do you remember they had a White Musk? I loved that!Image result for jovan white musk

@spotspotcat My cousin used to wear that one!

Image result for jovan musk 90s

@spotspotcat I think I read that Marilyn Monroe wore that scent!  Too bad she didn't do a commercial for it:

Image result for marilyn monroe j'adore

Image result for marilyn monroe chanel commercial

Image result for youth dew marilyn monroe

Conversation Stats
Photos22
  • the two doves as the cap: a wing was inevitably always broken off by the time she was through with the bottle...
  • my set looked like this ! thanks google ! (but i definitely had grass and not 'just petals')
  • loves-baby-soft-bottle.jpg
  • Charlie.jpg
  • LeSport.jpg
  • CHANEL_NO_5_EDT_W11.jpg
  • hqdefault.jpg
  • joy perfum 1968.jpg
  • youth dew.png
  • 80s perfume.jpg
  • IMG_3309.JPG
  • IMG_3310.JPG
  • so j.crew
  • missd1