Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

What fragrances do you remember from your childhood the most?

375x500.9148.jpg

MV5BNmU5N2NiYzctNWNlNS00NzdlLWE5ZGUtM2Q2MzI4NjE0NDZkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjM0MzAyNTU@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

I also remember Verve, Tabu, Heaven Scent, Exclamation, Designer Impostor Body Sprays, Giorgio, Liz Claiborne, Eternity, Navy, Charlie, Anise Anise, Love's Baby Soft, Jean Nate, Chantilly, Le Fleur.  Funny how back in the day we often bought fragrances from the drugstore on the cheap!

Re: What fragrances do you remember from your childhood the most?

My grandpa always smelled of Old Spice and to this day the nostalgia when I spell the old school one hits hard. Boucheron and Tresor were popular between my mom and aunts. My first fancy perfume was Very Irresistible by Givenchy, when it first came out in the purple bottle. Another big one was the Ralph perfume (every popular girl had the blue one) and I felt so trendy when I got the one with the pink bottle and blue cap. I was also a big fan of DKNY Be Delicious (the green one). Some of my friends had 212 by Carolina Herrera and Lolita Lempika, and the boys were all about the AXE body spray and Light Blue by D&G.

The One Direction Our Moment, I remember saving up for it, I literally gave my mom a zip-loc bag of coins and small bills. It was my first ever perfume, but I never finished it because I was too scared to use it all up 😂

One-Direction-Our-Moment-Womens-Eau-de-Parfume-Spray-3.4-Best-Price-Fragrance-Parfume-FragranceOutlet.com-Details.jpg

Most of middle school through high school I was diehard for Vanilla musk by Coty. HS to college BBW body sprays were life I collected so many of them - vanilla sugar, sheer freesia, cucumber melon & VS pure seduction & love spell. I think in college my first grown perfume was Dolce and Gabbana light blue. Growing up my grandmother and aunt always had pleasures by Estee Lauder and dazzling diamonds, white diamonds Liz Taylor?  

Most of these scents are now too sweet for me but it does give me some nostalgia if I use a cucumber melon anti-bac LOL

@aviscardi Yes to Cucumber Melon and Love Spell! Japanese Cherry Blossoms was also a big one for me.

The perfume I remember was Chanel perfume in the department store 

I am gen z so these ones are fairly new but they dont make them anymore. these were the three i was obsessed with

431A1893-82EC-472E-B92E-730B15125445.jpeg

4306733D-F079-408D-AFA5-0A8C656D21C0.jpeg

441B1C8B-02A1-4629-819D-0710F99AFC71.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Oscar and Chanel No 5 due to my mother. Anything Estee Lauder, and Polo Green with my papa 😊

missd1

My mother had a bottle of this ❤️

Incógnito by cover girl was my favorite when I was like 1...

Incógnito by cover girl was my favorite when I was like 10 😂 also vanilla fields, ck1, exclamation and all the body fantasies body sprays. also plumeria everything!

Re: Incógnito by cover girl was my favorite when I was like 1...

@chellebabyblue I bought a bottle of BBW Plumeria at the summer semi-annual sale and it didn't smell the same 😞  I will be giving it to my sister (a millenial!) when she comes to visit in a month!

RE: What fragrances do you remember from your childhood the most?

I remember Jovan Musk, Chantilly, Ralph Lauren, Obsession. Now,Trish McEvoy has some terrific fragrances, particularly #9. It is light and lasting. At night, I enjoy Killian "Love."

My mother, grandmother and aunts all wore Poison. I loved it! It smelled like grapes, I don't love flowery perfume. I've actually been trying to find the old classic poison...

My mother's bottle of White Shoulders.

My mother's bottle of White Shoulders.

Related image

I forgot about this one.

Image result for exclamation perfume

I still love this stuff!

Cocoa Butter for me

Old school still good.

Remember Brut?  I thought it was a weird mix of sexy and skanky!

Related image

What about men's fragrances?  Old Spice?

Image result for old spice 1980s

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos22
  • the two doves as the cap: a wing was inevitably always broken off by the time she was through with the bottle...
  • my set looked like this ! thanks google ! (but i definitely had grass and not 'just petals')
  • loves-baby-soft-bottle.jpg
  • Charlie.jpg
  • LeSport.jpg
  • CHANEL_NO_5_EDT_W11.jpg
  • hqdefault.jpg
  • joy perfum 1968.jpg
  • youth dew.png
  • 80s perfume.jpg
  • IMG_3309.JPG
  • IMG_3310.JPG
  • so j.crew
  • missd1