Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Trying to sell unopened perfumes- any good places to list?

Hi everyone! So long story short, I was supposed to get married last year, and that fell apart very horribly. During that time, I bought some perfume (one with the Sephora favorites coupon), for that time. One was for the wedding, another was for the honeymoon.

Since that didn't happen, they've been sitting unused and unopened in my room. I've tried to list them on Ebay but it's been months now and all I'm doing is relisting. No one has been interested.

Yves Saint Laurent Mon Paris Eau de Parfum 1.6 oz/ 47 mL

is the wedding scent. Full size. Been trying to get $100 for it.

Michael Kors Sexy Ruby, 30 ML. The honeymoon scent. Hoping for $60. 

Do you have any ideas as to where I can list them, that would possibly make a sale? Any ideas appreciated. 

Re: Trying to sell unopened perfumes- any good places to list?

@SnugglePuggle94I'm so sorry this happened 😞

I agree with @Vmaster - both scents are widely available through discounters so you will need to beat their prices in order to make a sale. For example, FragranceNet is selling Sexy Ruby 30ml for $34. I am sorry to say but want to be honest - it is unlikely that you will be able to recoup the cost and would consider it lucky if you are able to regain even 50% of what you paid.

If you really want to be rid of the scents, I would price them to sell on Craigslist, Kijiji (if in Canada) or Facebook.

Sending you good and lucky vibes 🍀

@SnugglePuggle94  Sorry about your experience.

Both Basenotes and Fragrantica have a forum where you can sell or trade fragrances. Personally, I would suggest Basenotes as the people there are a close-knit community.

You might want to check prices on discount websites (for instance Fragrancenet) to make sure your prices are competative. The reason I say this is someone will see what your prices are, and ask themself why should I buy it here when I can get it for X amount on this other website. 

To sell something on ebay, search for the same product so you give an idea if your asking price is too high.

Lastly, as they are nice fragrances you could always just wear them. Think of it this way, things could have fallen apart after you tied the knot. In the grand scheme of things, you dodged a bullet.

Just some food for thought.

I wish you nothing but happiness.

@Vmaster Thanks for the suggestions. I’ll look into them. 

People keep saying the dodged the bullet or there’s someone better out there all the time so it’s not something I like to hear but I appreciate your sympathy. 

And I can’t wear them because they remind me too much of him and of what happened and it just causes me pain so I need to get rid of them. 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing