cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Tom Ford Recommendations

Hey all!

I just ordered TOM FORD Jasmin Rouge Eau de Parfum Fragrance  the other day as a blind buy as I’ve been wanting to smell it for the past couple of years now but haven’t been able to get the opportunity due to our local Sephora not carrying it in store and decided to treat myself to the 100ml bottle with the wonderful Sephora promo that they have running at the moment. (FRAGRANCE20)

My question is that since this is my first Tom Ford scent and overall my will be my first introduction to the Tom Ford lineup and I’m wanting to start a decent collection, what other scents from Tom Ford would you recommend in your opinion & why? Also have you tried Jasmin Rouge and what are your thoughts? Thanks in advance! 🖤

Re: Tom Ford Recommendations

@adaminski If you do decide to try TF Black Orchid EDP I suggest getting it in a Sephora Favorites perfume sampler since it will be so much more inexpensive while also sampling other perfumes. It will only be redeeming for a one ounce bottle with a final sale purchase but it's a nice way to have Black Orchid without spending over $100, in the US anyway.

Appreciate your input @Margalee😁

I will definitely be checking out the Sephora Faves for samples due to not being able to smell them where I currently live, as it’ll be a cheaper option in the long run, and I won’t end up with something I’ll totally hate. 

TOM FORD Tobacco Vanille Eau de Parfum Fragrance definitely seems to be a fave from a few people that I’ve seen review online. As well as TOM FORD Soleil Blanc Eau de Parfum Fragrance so I will definitely be checking those out as I’m still trying to find what works best for me scent profile wise.

@adaminski I haven't tried Jasmine Rouge. Tom Ford is very hit or miss for me. Definitely a line to test first in my opinion. Number one to recommend is Black Orchid EDP. So deep, rich and strong, long lasting. I get many compliments. Plus I love patchouli and this one does it without smelling hippy-ish. I do own hippy fragrances and enjoy, just saying. Definitely Tobacco Vanille. Smells like things I associate with Thanksgiving. Most people think of Christmas but no pine or snow here. Ebene Fume is close to Tobacco Vanille but has more smoke and no tobacco. I don't prefer the (nose tweaking for me) Soliel trio. I don't prefer Neroli Portofino (yuk) or the new Cafe Rose. Lost Cherry and Bitter Peach are okay. There is something a bit bland about them to me. Black Orchid Le Parfum is SO strong I have to spray it on the backs of my calves or near my feet. And it burns out quick on me. I haven't tried many of the signature line so can't help much there. Let us know how Jasmine Rouge turns out for you and the others you try.

You don’t have to worry about Jasmine Rouge @adaminski . I have lots of TF perfumes and this still one of my favorite perfumes. Classics and long lasting. I would recommend looking into the older stuffs liked Tobacco Vanille over the newer scents which I think they tend to be overpriced and need to sniff first before buying. The Rose and Cherry lines have some decent scents. Ppl are raving about Vanilla Sex but I haven’t yet tried 😘

Thanks @blackkitty2014! Appreciate your words of encouragement I will definitely check out TOM FORD Tobacco Vanille Eau de Parfum Fragrance as well as the Cherry lineup as I’ve heard good things about TOM FORD Lost Cherry Eau de Parfum Fragrance too. Definitely will try and get to a city where I’m able to smell them before buying. 😊

Thanks again!

Great pick @adaminski 👍👏 Please let me know which one(s) you decide to get in the future 🥰

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 13 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing