Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Pre-opening Highlights Fragrance Edition ๐Ÿ’–

I'm going to repost an old survey @lyravega did back in 2018 ๐Ÿ™‚ 2020 saw fragrance spending tank, and I know it did for me too. But I also relied on fragrance a lot for something to enjoy during lockdown! I thought it might be nice to reflect on the past year and a half and see the kind of role fragrance has played for you as a number of us are getting vaccinated and ready to re-enter the world more.

Here's the original thread, I'm just copy-pasting everything from here, all credit goes to lyravega โค๏ธ https://community.sephora.com/t5/Fragrance-Fans/2018-Highlights-Fragrance-Edition/m-p/4422143

How fragrant was your 2020-2021? Any special story/experience/moment you want to share? Or you can just answer these questions. Or do both! And then some! 

1. Which 2020 or 2021 fragrance releases were your favorite?
  2. Least favorite/disappointing? 
  3. Best packaging according to you?
  4. What amazing new to you fragrances you discovered in 2020-21?
  5. Some exciting re-discoveries? 
  6. What new brands/houses you discovered in 2020-21?
  7. What was your most worn fragrance?
  8. What was one fragrance you reached for the most: a) when you went to work, b) when you went out ( social things, dates... ), c) for a lazy weekend at home, d) for mood uplifting when you felt down/blue, e) during the Holidays?
  9. Any purchase/s you regret? Why?
  10. Any new fragrant memories made? 
  11. What fragrance brand/s would you like to see in Sephora in 2019 for when we open up?

Re: Pre-opening Highlights Fragrance Edition ๐Ÿ’–

@eshoe  Haha seems liked you have more fragrant knowledge more than I do. Iโ€™m completely dumb about this subject even though I love them ๐Ÿ˜˜ #2 I thought Iโ€™m the only one who doesnโ€™t like that perfume. Gosh it stinks lol (sorry guys ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ) For #10, I like to do the same too. That way I can say for this x occasion I get this y perfume from z person and I love it ๐Ÿ˜˜ and yes bring on Diptyque. Itโ€™s a neat brand.

I am relieved to know that I am not the only one, @blackkitty2014! I still have half of the sample vial left, and I am thinking of sticking it into my box of scarves for a later point in time. Maybe I will appreciate more in 20 years, you know๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

And yay for making a special occasion out of gift cards! Itโ€™s a great way to not forget what you used it for, at least for me;)

@blackkitty2014 Yay, more Diptyque love โค๏ธ

POAL is Malle bestseller but I do prefer some of his other offerings. I appreciate it, but I lean toward white florals, especially jasmine, over rose.

You make an interesting and important distinction, @pocketvenus. There are ingredients/techniques in skincare that just donโ€™t work for me. Yet I can appreciate them for their characteristics and how they might help others. Great observation!

@pocketvenus Speaking of Diptyque have you tried the new Illo fragrance. That one is sold out fast over here.

@blackkitty2014 I have not tried so many new releases from the big houses and that includes Diptyque ๐Ÿ˜ข I am waiting for my second vaccine dose to kick in and then I'm going to go on a smelling spree ha ha

@pocketvenus Hope you get your 2nd shot soon ๐ŸŒน

@blackkitty2014 Thank you!! I am two-and-done now ๐Ÿ™‚ Though it seems like now the Canadian government is considering boosters?? What about everyone else who hasn't gotten dose one yet? ๐Ÿ˜ฎ 

@pocketvenus that sounds like a kick and lots of fun๐Ÿ˜™ 

@eshoe I am now holding off so my coworkers and I can all go out and test them together on our lunch breaks ๐Ÿ˜„ Apparently we all have fond memories of our little fragrant adventures!!

Sounds like fun! But for the most part of the last year, even some of this one, I was just not interested in anything at all. Not even frags. And scents usually always help me feel better. I was not following what was going on and what's new. When I finally perked up, I turned to my own collection and never ending stash of samples. I was wearing ELDO Spice Must Flow a lot as it is super comforting to me. Re-discovered Versace Crystal Noir. And went through a lot of samples. My own stash. Nothing new. I think. Can't even remember. Oh, yeah. I ended up really liking ELDO 500 Years upon testing it again. Didn't really like it at first. And now really enjoying Soul Of My Soul. Somehow it turned out to be all about ELDO. ๐Ÿคฃ  I love those bottles, too. They are really pretty. But in general, I am craving something like these Nicolai's, and Lutens' bell jars. And if I think of anything else, I'll stop by to add it. My memory sucks. 

Spoiler
nicolai.pngnicolai bottle.pngsl.pngsl2.png

@RavenR I'm glad you're interested in fragrance again! You are not the only one who lost interest, the fragrance industry took a dive during the pandemic, reporting huge revenue losses.

And I LOVE Sarrasins.

I even ordered some samples! The Perfumed Court has 20% off today. There's still hope for me. ๐Ÿ˜› 

@pocketvenus 

@RavenR I hope you find something you love!!

@pocketvenus Great idea for a thread.  Unfortunately, I really can't answer any of the questions!

@greeneyedgirl107 Thanks! I hope the other responses are fun to read though ๐Ÿ™‚

1. Which 2020 or 2021 fragrance releases were your favorite? I can't remember what came out when. Oh I did love the Jo Malone vintage ones, can't smell them but that packaging!
  2. Least favorite/disappointing?  Same. No idea.
  3. Best packaging according to you? I love Guerlain honeycomb ones. 
  4. What amazing new to you fragrances you discovered in 2020-21? ...can't smell anything.
  5. Some exciting re-discoveries? MMM Lipstick On!
  6. What new brands/houses you discovered in 2020-21? ...
  7. What was your most worn fragrance? I have just been working through mini samples, not wearing one particular thing for long. 
  8. What was one fragrance you reached for the most: My two old mists I've been trying to pan. 
  9. Any purchase/s you regret? Why? All of them haha because I can't enjoy them. 
  10. Any new fragrant memories made? No ๐Ÿ˜ž
  11. What fragrance brand/s would you like to see in Sephora in 2019 for when we open up? ALL OF THEM! 

@Samtian Oh Samtian, it has been so long - I seem to remember you saying you were able to detect some scents, although not pleasant ones? If I may ask, have you experienced any changes over the months?

I love the Guerlain ones too โค๏ธ

aqua-allegoria-bergamote-calabria

Which ones are the Jo Malone vintage ones?

Ugh why canโ€™t you smell? Iโ€™ve been dealing with this too but have finally found a treatment for my issues. What a curse for a fragrance lover ๐Ÿ˜ญ

@Samtian  Love your answer to question #11! And I agree! ๐Ÿ˜œ

@RavenR Haha thank you!

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 51 replies
  • 183 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
Photos5
  • sl2.png
  • sl.png