Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

2018 Highlights Fragrance Edition

So, let's have some more fun. How fragrant was your 2018? Any special story/experience/moment you want to share? Or you can just answer these questions. Or do both! And then some! 

1. Which 2018 fragrance releases were your favorite?
  2. Least favorite/disappointing? 
  3. Best packaging according to you?
  4. What amazing new to you fragrances you discovered in 2018?
  5. Some exciting re-discoveries? 
  6. What new brands/houses you discovered in 2018?
  7. What was your most worn fragrance?
  8. What was one fragrance you reached for the most: a) when you went to work, b) when you went out ( social things, dates... ), c) for a lazy weekend at home, d) for mood uplifting when you felt down/blue, e) during the Holidays?
  9. Any purchase/s you regret? Why?
  10. Any new fragrant memories made? 
  11. What fragrance brand/s would you like to see in Sephora in 2019?

Re: 2018 Highlights Fragrance Edition

Wow! Speaking about beautiful packaging, presentation, everything! I just had to post it here...

a beaut.png

@lyravega wow that is stunning

@lyravega, wow, very apothecary-esque! 🙂 Reminds me a little of Gucci's new alchemist line.

Yeah. I'm a sucker for apothecary-esque bottles. 😛

@pocketvenus

I’m looking forward to responding, but need some time! Great thread, I’ll be back! @lyravega 💗💕💗 

Thank you, @sister13 ! Heart

Looking forward to your answers!

Thanks for letting me know about this thread @lyravega! Had fun revisiting 2018 olfactorily!

1. Which 2018 fragrance releases were your favorite? As a Jo Malone fangirl I must admit I was elated with several of the house’s offerings this year, especially Oat & Cornflower from the English Fields collection.
  2. Least favorite/disappointing? Alas, the rest of JM’s English Fields was a disappointment. 
  3. Best packaging according to you? The pastel colors of JM’s English Fields collection were gorgeous.
  4. What amazing new to you fragrances you discovered in 2018? I was surprised by how much I enjoyed Kilian’s ...Princess as I usually don’t love sweet perfumes.
  5. Some exciting re-discoveries? Came back to Dior and reacquanted myself with Poison Girl.
  6. What new brands/houses you discovered in 2018? Didn’t discover anything new this year, simply expanded my love for old favorites, re: JM.
  7. What was your most worn fragrance? I love layering JM fragrances, my go-to combo is Wood Sage & Sea Salt with Basil Neroli.
  8. What was one fragrance you reached for the most: a) when you went to work: whatever fragrance sample I’d just gotten from a Sephora/Ulta order; 😆 b) when you went out ( social things, dates... 😞 Chanel Coco Madmoiselle or Chantecaille Kalimantan; c) for a lazy weekend at home: usually a body splash from L‘Occitane; d) for mood uplifting when you felt down/blue: Givenchy Organza; e) during the Holidays: whatever JM combo wouldn’t class with the food smells 😉?
  9. Any purchase/s you regret? Why? No, I cut down on buying a lot this year so no regrets in the perfume dept!
  10. Any new fragrant memories made? I make sure my husband is wearing Tom Ford Oud Wood beard oil and cologne when we go out, so lots of happy memories of my husband looking and smelling foxy 🥰
  11. What fragrance brand/s would you like to see in Sephora in 2019? By redo and DIptyque please and thank you. 

10 Heart

Mmm, I really like that one, too...

@LCResz

@LCResz, Sephora would make a killing if they sold those brands.

Agreed!

Ok, let's do this! I am sure I am forgetting a ton... 

1. Which 2018 fragrance releases were your favorite? Mona Di Orio Santal Nabataea! Mmm... heaven in a bottle! I am completely obsessed with it! Zoologist Moth. What a fascinating dark, beastly, beauty! JM Jasmine Sambac and Marigold because.... memories. It hits the spot. 
  2. Least favorite/disappointing? Jo Malone Honeysuckle and Davana. Byredo 11th Hour. ( Love the scent. But it lasts a whole microsecond on me. Booo! )
  3. Best packaging according to you? Can't think of anything right now... Maybe Chanel LE fiery red bottles for Chanel No 5. Bottega Veneta Knot Eau Absolue. I really like the simplicity of Louis Vuitton's. Chloe Nomad. Mona di Orio. Always! So elegant. Tom Ford Costa Azzurra Acqua just because of that stunning color. Oh, wait... is that 2019 launch? Oh, well. 
  4. What amazing new to you fragrances you discovered in 2018? Jo Malone Velvet Rose and Oud. I've tried it before, and didn't like it. Then a very good friend of mine gifted a bottle of it to me ( she didn't know I didn't like it )  just in time for all the Holidays... Aaaand, a holiday miracle happened! It grew on me ( it took some serious growing, though 😄), and I really and thoroughly enjoy it now! Not sure if it's because it's from a dear friend, or I genuinely grew to love it. It's a mystery! But, who cares anyway, right? 
  5. Some exciting re-discoveries? Hmm... Serge Lutens A La Nuit. I hated that one for years. I have no idea what happened. I am suddenly digging it. 
  6. What new brands/houses you discovered in 2018? Zoologist. Or was that in 2017... Hmm... 4160 Tuesdays. Heretic. Who even knows?!
  7. What was your most worn fragrance? Oof, I like to wear different fragrances all the time, depending on the mood and whatnot. But let's say... ELDO Like This. 
  8. What was one fragrance you reached for the most: a) when you went to work, b) when you went out ( social things, dates... ), c) for a lazy weekend at home, d) for mood uplifting when you felt down/blue, e) during the Holidays? Oy! Let's try to do this! a) I mostly work from home, so.... I can wear whatever I feel like. I usually test new scents as it seems I have endless supply of samples... when I'm not giving love to lovelies from my own collection. b) Mona di Orio, SL La Fille De Berlin, Twilly d'Hermes, Mugler Alien... c) ELDO Like This, SL 5 O'Clock Au Gingembre, Mona, JM Jasmine Sambac and Marigold... d) ELDO Like This! The ultimate comforter! e) These Holidays it was definitely JM Velvet Rose and Oud. But I don't really have a Holiday scent. 
  9. Any purchase/s you regret? Why? No. I don't blind buy. I am very particular and picky. I test and test and try and sniff and research and wear before I buy. So, no regrets. 
  10. Any new fragrant memories made? Yes! JM Velvet Rose and Oud marked this Holiday season for me quite unexpectedly. Now it'll always remind me of Holidays, and my friend.  
  11. What fragrance brand/s would you like to see in Sephora in 2019? I don't know. 4160 Tuesdays? Mona Di Orio, just for the convenience. Serge Lutens in the US Sephora. Dare I say Zoologist? No, probably not.

Spoiler

Bottega Veneta Knot Eau Absolue.pngCRed.pngChanel Red.pngLV.pngLV2.pngNot sure what is this about, but I love it!Not sure what is this about, but I love it!

@lyravega, I agree about that red Chanel bottle. So many times I was about to buy it just for the bottle.

@blackkitty2014 I know! Same here! But I don't like that fragrance. If they could put maybe Allure into the bottle or something... 😄 

Yes! I might consider L’Eau but then I have way to many scents of my love list that I love more @lyravega

@blackkitty2014 Yes! Just give us the empty bottle! Wouldn't that be great?

@lyravega, it would be cool if Sephora also carried the Haute-Ciel Serge Lutens line but I don't think they would sell well. I've also been meaning to try A La Nuit as it has such a reputation!

Loved reading your answers, thanks again for starting these fun threads ❤️

@pocketvenus Definitely try it. You might like that one. 

Awe, thank you! I love reading all these answers! It's so much fun. I enjoy these kind of threads, too! Wish there were more...

@lyravega, I'll tag you if I review it 🙂 Also, I got the name mixed up it's Gratte-Ciel 😛

1.  Which 2018 fragrance releases were your favorite? The new Hermessences and Music For a While
  2. Least favorite/disappointing? Dawn, I Am Trash
  3. Best packaging according to you? Love the new Diptyque 34 ombre and the Malle LE bottles
  4. What amazing new to you fragrances you discovered in 2018? Neela Vermiere's Trayee, Amouage's Myths Woman and Opus VII, Piguet's Bandit, Hermes' Bel Ami, Andrea Maack's Coven, Tauer's Lonestar Memories, Jazmin Sarai's Neon Graffiti, Caron's Yatagan thanks to @Vmaster, some Mona di Orios, all the Hermessences.
  5. Some exciting re-discoveries? I got back into Nasomatto's Absinth for a time. Malle's rose I had remembered as austere but I'd forgotten how bright and jammy the opening is. It's fantastic.
  6. What new brands/houses you discovered in 2018? Amouage, Neela Vermiere, 7 Virtues, Zoologist, 1969, Heretic, Di Ser, Apoteker Tepe, Auphorie, Bruno Fazzolari, DS&Durga, Pekji, Jazmin Sarai, I am sure I am forgetting some!
  7. What was your most worn fragrance? I am not sure! Maybe Fat Electrician?
  8. What was one fragrance you reached for the most: a) when you went to work, light and spicy scents like CdG's Kyoto or Tauer's LDDM b) when you went out I go for my Frederic Malles and fancy ouds c) for a lazy weekend at home I go for the stuff I cannot wear around others like big chypres and more animalistic scents d) for mood uplifting something niche and strange e) during the Holidays? Fille en Aiguilles!
  9.  Any purchase/s you regret? Why? No regrets for samples, even if I didn't like it! It's a learning opportunity to me. I never regret a full-bottle purchase as I agonize over these so much ha ha.
  10. Any new fragrant memories made? I redecorated so bought new scented candles 🙂
  11. What fragrance brand/s would you like to see in Sephora in 2019? Comme des Garcons.I might make Rouge if they sold CdG ha ha.

Love this questionnaire @lyravega! Thanks for posting it <3<3<3

Enjoyed reading all your answers, @pocketvenus ! As always.

They do sell CdG. At least they do on the US site. Or, erm, they used to. It seems there is only one fragrance there right now...  COMME DES GARCONS - Blue CedratI  I guess CdG is on its way out...?

26 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 74 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
Photos7
  • Bottega Veneta Knot Eau Absolue.png
  • CRed.png
  • Chanel Red.png
  • LV.png
  • LV2.png
  • Not sure what is this about, but I love it!
  • a beaut.png
testing