Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

I need help planning a scent (I would like recommendations)

I have a winter scent but I don’t have a summer scent, I am in an area where it gets hot quickly in the spring. I try to smell as “unisex” and “androgynous” as possible. What would y’all recommend?

Re: I need help planning a scent (I would like recommendations)

hey! here are some things that are unisex 🙂

Maison Margiela 'REPLICA' Under the Lemon Trees is beautiful- lemon/citrus on top and tea notes

TOM FORD Neroli Portofino Eau de Parfum Fragrance 3.4 oz/ 100 mL 

Ellis Brooklyn SALT Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL is a nice woody scent, its sexy and different

Jo Malone London Wood Sage & Sea Salt Cologne classic!

acqua di parma has lots of nice genderless scents

Calvin Klein CK Everyone is kind of aquatic smelling

molton brown geranium nefertum is very cool 

I like Tom Ford( F**king Fabulous) and Dolce Gabbana ( Light Blue)  both have a clean fresh smell to them.  I have to edit the name of the cologne or it wouldn’t let me post it. 

I use #Tom Ford Soleil Blanc. It smells like the beach and flowers to me, but it is also marketed as unisex and isn't very feminine. 

"Soleil Blanc is unexpected, sultry and addictive. It is a solar, floral amber that unapologetically exudes the pursuit of sun and luxury that defines Soleil." - Tom Ford.

@nuggetknacker 

Without knowing more about your tastes, citrus scents are a good choice for hot weather. Both Aqua di Parma and Atelier Cologne are houses with a wide variety of citrusy scents to choose from. The Guerlain Aqua Allegoria line is also refreshing and light though some use "feminine" floral notes.

• Atelier Cologne Atelier Cologne Discovery Set 
  • Acqua di Parma Blu Mediterraneo Mini Eau de Toilette Set 
  • It's a very 90s scent, but I also like Calvin Klein ck one which was one of the first scents mass marketed as unisex, if not the first?

Out of curiousity, what is your winter scent?  
What type of scent families or notes do you like?  
You have a certain environment or mood you’re wanting to set?

Have you tried EM’s Molecule 01 or 02 yet?  Or JHAG Not a Perfume?  I typically think of these when hearing ‘androgynous’ or unisex, as it’s a safe start and then branching out from simplicity from there.

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing