Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

BIC Fragrance Finder

Are you looking for a new fragrance to try and fall in love with? This thread is for people looking for a signature scent or a new addition to their scent wardrobe.

It would help if you have an idea of what you're looking for. If you're not sure how to narrow things down, try asking yourself about

• Notes? Amber, bergamot, jasmine, leather, just name what you like 🙂
  • Type? Looking for something floral, sweet, fresh, spicy, fruity, woody, smoky, aquatic?
  • Vibe? Something sultry, girly, bracing, polished, simple, extravagant, playful?
  • Place? A scent for the office, first date, weekend day wear, something else?
  • Price? Let us know if you have a budget 🙂

wheel

Re: BIC Fragrance Finder

@bakeamuffin I am very big on wearing whatever smells good regardless of gender. Some of my favourite fragrances to wear are marketed to men.

Jazz Club is masculine, but it's modern so it's not going to read like a traditional cologne or fougere which are very traditionally masculine genres. I know a lot of people enjoy Jazz Club, and while the Replicas take a fashion forward concept and remake it into a more affordable product, but I wouldn't say it's a cheap cologne! I would say it's more like a Zara than a Forever 21 if that makes sense.

Suggestions for warm, cozy, spicy fragrances

• Etat Libre d'Orange Eau de Parfum Discovery Set - I couldn't get Like This from Etat to tag, it may be Sephora has run out! It's very autumnal and cozy. For whatever reason I find it doesn't wear as well on my skin anymore ;_; but most people love it. It gets described a lot as a pumpkin spice scent which is true but it is not a straight up gourmand.
  • Serge Lutens Five o’clock au gingembre 1.6 oz/ 50 mL Eau de Parfum - so I've heard Shiseido has reformulated these but from my memory, this is a lovely cozy and gentle scent that's not too sweet.
  • Aesop's Marrakech Intense - spicy and woody, very easy to wear, maybe not so "cozy" though.
  • Parfums de Nicolai New York Intense - this is cozy, delicious, and well balanced but in a very traditional French way. If you are not a fan of old fashioned or vintage perfumes, you will not like this.
  • Diptyque Tam Dao - a warm, comforting sandalwood. A crowdpleaser.
  • L'Artisan Parfumeur L'Eau d'Ambre - this one is US$115/50ml, it's a lovely warm amber, a little bit more animalistic than spicy though, like wearing fur.

Other than that, I'd look for good ambers, orientals, tobaccos.

Hi, @bakeamuffin !  I have a sample of Jazz Club.  I like it, and I don't think it smells like cheap cologne.  I have a preference for men's scents.  Don't let the categorizations stop you!  There are some great fragrances labeled for men (or even unisex) that smell great on the ladies!  Anyway, Jazz Club does not smell like By the Fireplace, but I think it fits your description.  I recommend you get a sample if you can.

RE: BIC Fragrance Finder

Have any fruity fragrance recommendations? (Like fruity shampoo—such as garnier fructis) I already own L’Impératrice. Anything similar? Thanks 🙂

Re: RE: BIC Fragrance Finder

Try Versace Dylan Blue Pour Femme Gift Set or Marc Jacobs Fragrances Daisy Eau So Fresh Gift Set 

@TyDay I'd try these lighter fruity scents

• TOCCA Simone Rollerball 0.33 oz/ 10 mL Eau de Parfum Rollerball, also is fresh with watermelon
  • Jo Malone London English Pear & Freesia Scent To Go 
  • Jo Malone London Blackberry & Bay Cologne 3.4 oz/ 100 mL Spray 
  • NEST New York Wild Poppy Eau de Parfum 1.7oz/50mL 
  • Atelier Cologne Love Osmanthus Cologne Pure Perfume Travel Spray 0.34 oz/ 10 mL Cologne Absolue Spray 

RE: Re: RE: BIC Fragrance Finder

I appreciate your reply, but most are very floral to my nose (and I’m not a big fan of floral). Thank you, though!

Re: RE: Re: RE: BIC Fragrance Finder

@TyDay You're welcome! If you want straight up fruit, I'd try

• The Demeters are always focused on one scent and they will have all kinds of fruit. There's a Peach one and a Mango one for sure
  • L'Artisan Parfumeur's fig scent is a classic but this is the whole tree, not just the fruit
  • Try the straight up citrus scents from Atelier Parfum. There are lots of citrus focused scents, ranging from cheap to very expensive.
  • You might like the Pacifica line, I think it's all natural and there's a Guava one. The soap is fantastic too.

For the life of me, I can't think of a Sephora fruity perfume aside from Mugler Angel Brilliant Star 0.80 oz Eau de Parfum Spray which is really juicy but pairs this with a lot of patchouli which some people do not like.

But if it's more shampoo you're going for, maybe try Escada and Salvatore Ferragamo. I suspect you may also find something good with brands also known for body products like Bath and Body Works.

BIC Fragrance Finder

Does anyone have any fragrance recommendations for me? I have a ton of fragrances, but I am a bit bored with them. I love anything with vanilla, marshmallow. Mostly warm and sweet gourmand scents and florientals, but I also really like fragrances that mixes gourmand with citrusy scents (Burberry Brit edt is one of the nicest, unique scents I have) I love Kilian Princess, Armani Sí Passione, Atelier Vanille Insensèe and of course Burberry Brit. Any recommendations that are similar? It is also important that I like mid range to higher end stuff because I do not like the artificial vanilla scents that cheaper products provide. I also tend to dislike Tom Ford scents for some reason. It would also be nice if someone could recommend products sold outside of Sephora because I used to work for them I had the chance to familiarize myself with most of the fragrances they sell. Thank you 🙂

@AgnesF98 I'd recommend

• Mona di Orio's Vanille, it's not a sweet vanilla, it's fragrant and beautiful
  • L'Artisan Parfumeur's Tea for Two which is a warm tea with gingerbread
  • Penhaligon's Lothair which is a lovely chai though lighter wearing than the ones you listed
  • Frederic Malle's Dries von Noten which smells like snickerdoodles which sounds cheap but it's lovely
  • Serge Lutens' Un bois vanille may be of interest. To be honest, I forget how it smells but this is a house that's beautiful, dark and romantic
  • Arquiste's Nanban I have not tried but it sounds up your alley

Laura Mercier has an amazing fragrance called “Vanille Gourmande Eau Gourmande.”

Versace-bright crystal absolu and Tory Burch-love relentlessly are my absolute favorites!!! They are sweet floral type scents.

Any ideas for something that’s long lasting, and a mix of fresh and sweet notes? ❤️

@Gabbyt02 Fresh perfumes tend not to be very long lasting.

You could try these ones that are very refreshing and citrusy with a slight sweetness

You could also try fruity florals which would be much sweeter though these will not be as light and fresh. Rosie Jane and Phlur have some that would fit the bill.

Or you could try "laundry fresh" scents which should have more longevity.

No to Tom Ford Neroli! Lasts for about 4 minutes.

I find most of the summer collection for Tom Ford as weak in projection, sillage, and longevity.  Amalfi, Neroli Portofino, Soleil Blanc... all 3 smell great, but lack all three characteristics on my skin. I layer the Soleil body oil (non shimmering), with Soleil Blanc EDP and it helps, but still maintains as a skin scent.  I’ve been layering Montale Intense Tiare on top though and it really amps it and blends and balances with SB beautifully.  

Hi I recommend Versace Bright Crystal or Tory Burch EDP (...

Hi I recommend Versace Bright Crystal or Tory Burch EDP (the original one).

sweet and fresh hmmmm....well versacw eros pour femme edt...

sweet and fresh hmmmm....well versacw eros pour femme edt has fresh and sweet notes, burberry blush , and chanel chance eau fraiche have a little sweet note but fresh enough for warm weather.

Does anyone know any good perfumes that smell like chocolate? 

Feve Gourmand by Guerlain. Smells like boozy chocolate on steroids. It is amazing

AREIN Rose Cocoa

guerlain gourmand coquin smells like chocolate but in the...

guerlain gourmand coquin smells like chocolate but in the nicest non Hershey kisses way
197 Replies
testing