Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

BIC Fragrance Finder

Are you looking for a new fragrance to try and fall in love with? This thread is for people looking for a signature scent or a new addition to their scent wardrobe.

It would help if you have an idea of what you're looking for. If you're not sure how to narrow things down, try asking yourself about

• Notes? Amber, bergamot, jasmine, leather, just name what you like 🙂
  • Type? Looking for something floral, sweet, fresh, spicy, fruity, woody, smoky, aquatic?
  • Vibe? Something sultry, girly, bracing, polished, simple, extravagant, playful?
  • Place? A scent for the office, first date, weekend day wear, something else?
  • Price? Let us know if you have a budget 🙂

wheel

Re: BIC Fragrance Finder

Oh thank you so much! 🙂

I have one of the Atelier Cologne sample sets..I actually do like a few of their fragrances. 🙂 I like that they have the $40 travel sprays too lo. 🙂 😉  Thanks for mentioning that. 🙂

I have tried a few of the Miss Dior flankers..I can't recall what the original Miss Dior is like anymore..it was a while ago when I tried all of them..I never actually bought one. I remember they were all fruity floral. 🙂 

I might go back and try the again. 🙂

Thanks for the recommendations. 🙂

I just wanted to update this and say that I tried Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet again just the other day. 🙂 

I definitely love it, and I'm considering maybe trying that one as my new signature scent actually. 🙂 Thanks for the recommendation! 🙂

hiii!

ive been wearing acqua di gioia by armani for a couple years & i LOVE the way it smells. it makes me feel like a chic baddie who has her life together and knows how to have fun. although i live for the way it smells & i get compliments on it all the time, it doesn’t have the staying power i’d like. i end up having to reapply throughout the day which makes me go through the bottle quite quickly. i’d like to just do a couple sprits in the morning as i get ready & be able to smell it all day, but unfortunately that’s not the case. im looking for something that smells v similar, in the same price range, and better staying power. tysm 💚

@lydiawoof This is a bit of a challenge because the fresh ones don't have the heavy, rich notes with staying power. AdG is, for some, one of the longer lasting picks in this genre. You can try extending longevity by making sure your skin is well moisturized and spraying on clothing though! Good luck and hopefully someone will have a better suggestion for you.

I think you would love kensie’s so pretty fragrance! I’m not sure if Sephora carries Kensie perfumes. I got mine through ipsy! It’s very sweet and fruity, and reminds me of the scented hand sanitizers that clip onto backpacks.

@DianaWilde  I love sweet scents, too. I have the call of fruity line, I love it.

viva la juicy is a classic, bonbon and prada candy are popular, though Im not a big fan (though I love the 'night' version of candy).  thank u next is my fave, lol (prob. cuz I love coconut), its so wearable and doesnt give me headaches, I even wear it at home, and its cheap, too, which is nice.

my latest obsessions are 'salt' and 'sweet' by ellis brooklyn.  theyre very beachy and subtle, not too sweet. theyre a little spendy, but I plan on getting this Ellis Brooklyn SALT or SWEET Perfume Gift Set 😍😘

@DianaWilde The Kilians can be pretty sweet. KILIAN Paris Princess Eau de Parfum smells like marshmallows. The whole line might be up your alley.

Have you tried Candy by prada?

I don’t know a lot about choosing scents or even what a lot of the different notes in a perfume mean (seriously, what does amber smell like??), but I want to buy myself something fun for my birthday! I love my TOCCA Florence Hair Fragrance 1.7 oz/ 50 mL and tend towards florals in general—for candles I love lavender, honeysuckle, violet, and bergamot.

Bergamot is definitely one of my absolute favorite scents, and I would love to find something with that, but balanced with some more earthy notes I guess? Definitely looking for a smaller size and cheaper price tag. I’m thinking about maybe getting the NEST New York Eau de Parfum Collection Set or ONE of the sets at least, mostly for the Indigo scent to see if that’s a good fit but to try the others too, since they all sound lovely! Would happily take other suggestions!

@Meriden13  I love nest, I think the sampler would be a good pick. 😉  also, philosophy has a bergamot version of their perfume.

@Meriden13 If you like TOCCA, there are a few TOCCA sets like TOCCA Ten Days of Tocca Gift Set . The NEST set is a pretty good choice for florals 🙂

Amber is basically a rich, sweet scent that's kind of viscous but can also be powdery or even a bit musky. You might also like PHLUR Discovery Perfume Sampler Set. They are more "unisex" than the TOCCAs though.

Hi, @Meriden13 !  In my opinion, sample sets are one of the best investments you can make when beginning your awesome experience into the world of scents!  My first sample set was Nest, but at that time the set only contained three perfumes.  They've really improved their set since then.  I like using fragrantica(dot)com for looking up fragrance notes.

Hey all! So... I am looking for a VANILLA fragrance! I already have a nice collection of scents that I love, however I got a 20% off fragrances coupon from Sephora and it expires today, so I want to use it.  For reference, not sure if this will help, but my current rotation of fragrances is:

Chanel Chance Eau Tendre

Byredo Bal D'Afrique

MMM Lipstick On

I have a few others but they are ones I rarely touch.  I was thinking to try the 7 virtues vanilla woods? I DO love woodsy scents, and I dont think I have anything in my assortment that's similar.  Does anyone have other suggestions?  Budget wise, I do not want to spend over $100 after discount, and this is something that I plan to wear for all times of the day, and for all events, thanks!

@sabrinas 

I've only heard people enjoying Vanilla Woods. I think the company reformulated because the version I have is straight up vanilla planifolia in alcohol and it smells like it! I mean, the idea is to mix and match the 7 virtues but seriously? However, I see on Sephora's website that there is now rose and oak essential oils in the ingredients list. There definitely is NO rose in the version I have but that sounds like a nice combo even if it's very simple. Other suggestions

• TOM FORD Tobacco Vanille Eau de Parfum Fragrance Travel Spray 0.3 oz/ 10 mL is pretty classic, although with your budget, it would have to be the travel spray
  • You might also like the Toccas. TOCCA Colette 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Eau de Parfum Spray #TOCCA Colette 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Eau de Parfum Spra is a woody vanilla that's also powdery.
  • #Jo Malone London Mimosa & Cardamom Cologne 1.0 oz/ 30 mL Spray not a vanilla but might be up your alley

@pocketvenus @Titian06 Thank you both!  I have tried the Tom Ford and Juliette Has a Gun before, and I LOVE the Tom Ford, but it is a tad too smoky, and I remember the Vanilla Vibes just didnt stand out too much for me.

I went in store after work yesterday and tried a couple- I tried the 7 virtues vanilla woods and also the Atelier vanille, and sprayed each on one wrist.... The Atelier ended up smelling VERY vetiver on me and I could no longer smell any vanilla after about 30 mins.  The 7 virtues smelled great, and stayed that way for hours, so I ended up using my coupon online to get the gift set they have available (large bottle, travel bottle, and 7 virtues book)  Woohoo!

@sabrinas Glad you found something you wanted 🙂 I should try this reformulation!

@sabrinas - I'm glad you found something!  Enjoy your new scent!  💖💖💖

Hi, @sabrinas !  I can't be too helpful because vanilla is a migraine trigger.  However one scent that I really like and I can wear is Juliette Has a Gun Vanilla Vibes@pocketvenus might be able to recommend something too.

@Titian06 Thanks for the tag 🙂

I love citrus,fruity love love some type of lemon I just love the smell. Soft Oriental ,woodsy type.

testing