Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
Anonymous Insider

how do you sharpen your sephora waterproof eyeliner, it seems to soft for the normal sharpener

I have 2 of your Sephora waterproof eyeliner pencils, I cant seem to sharpen them they seem too soft.  Do I need a special sharpener, or am I doing something wrong?

Re: how do you sharpen your sephora waterproof eyeliner, it seems to soft for the normal sharpener

Take the top tip off. The thing that twist. Stick a cutip and push the pencil through a bit. It worked for me! Let me know if it works for you.

Re: how do you sharpen your sephora waterproof eyeliner, it seems to soft for the normal sharpener

@Anonymous Weird makeup hack: If your pencil is too soft when you go to sharpen it, you might try putting it in the fridge for five-or-so minutes before hand. The product will get stiffer temporarily while cold, making it cleaner to sharpen, but go right back to normal once it gets back to room temperature.

Anonymous Insider

I also cannot find anything to sharpen my wide eye pencil; the standard sharperners for wide pencils don't work.

It is the Waterproof liner - wide pencil - I bought it in San Fran and I'm really frustrated. I like the pencil but don't live near a Sephora.

Based on well over 1,000 people looking at this same question online, I think Sephora needs to tell people when they buy the pencil that it needs a special sharpener; I assume that's the case.

I'm taking a knife to mine now, but just making a mess. Very, very frustrated.

My husband took a knife to mine, just to try to get this sharpened.  Now it's ruined.  I have three different sharpeners, even a jumbo sharpener.  This is way, way too hard.  This is a great eyeshadow/liner.  Fix this, Sephora.

I agree. Before I bought it I asked the worker “how do I sharpen this?” She told me the regular dual sharpener works. Well, she misinformed. Several later, I still can’t get anything out of my pencil. Very frustrating 

I have a generic, cosmetic pencil sharpener that works just fine on my Sephora liners (pictured below, just to ensure we're covering the same liner :)):

Even something like the Sephora sharpener can work for these pencils:

I used an inexpensive standard eye pencil sharpener and it shaves just like a pencil.  No need to worry about what looks like plastic.  Tip still looks rounded after sharpening down the outer part.

Hello, so I have that exact same eyeliner. However the tip of it broke and I was trying to figure out whether or not it rolls up... so is there any way it can roll up or is it actually broken..?

@FaithBurgos It doesn't roll up, just sharpen it down to get the tip back. 

Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 17 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing