cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Everything Eyes
|
Anonymous Insider

Undereye help

After cream (rinsed out) set for 45 min but before concealerAfter cream (rinsed out) set for 45 min but before concealer

After concealer (and foundation)After concealer (and foundation)

Hello! A few months ago I started getting obsessed about my undereye darkness. I was already using concealer (since 14 yo, now 26) but I want to learn to conceal them correctly. I was not satisfied with the products I used. After listening to a few videos, I bought the ORIGINS - GinZingโ„ข Refreshing Eye Cream to Brighten and Depuffand also the Tarte shape tape concealer (not sold at Sephora). I tried the eye cream tonight. I let it sit for 45 minutes before removing it just by rinsing. This is the first photo. I then applied concealer. This is the second photo.

Because these are very well rated and expensive products, I thought that they would solve my problems. However I am disappointed and I am frankly quite discouraged. I feel like I look sick and horrible. I feel so discouraged when I see otherโ€™s โ€˜beforeโ€™ photos being more similar to my โ€˜afterโ€™ ๐Ÿ˜ข

Sorry for the venting. 

Seeing my eye shape and natural look, would you have any recommendations? Am I just being too impatient (maybe after a few days the GinZing cream will start working)? Do I need to let the GinZing sit on my undereye overnight?

Thank you so much to whoever reads this. ๐Ÿ–ค

RE: Undereye help

Try the Becca anti fatigue under eye primer! I use it on top of eye cream, under color corrector and concealer and it makes a huge difference for my dark circles and wrinkles and also helps with under eye creasing of makeup. It also has a super slight cooling effect. For me it took a few uses to actually notice the cooling effect so if you try it, give it a few tries ๐Ÿค— following this feed for other tips and tricks!

Re: Undereye help

You donโ€™t have to wash off your eye cream, @YellowPlum . I have dark circles as well as fine lines. I personally stopped using eye creams altogether. I prefer eye serums and oil. Right now, Iโ€™m using MURAD - Retinol Youth Renewal Eye Serumand my absolute Holy Grail, KORA Organics Noni Glow Radiant Eye Oil .34 oz / 10 mL. These products will help with your fine lines. The trick is, use the Kora right before your concealer. This oil will hydrate and plump your fine lines and keep them hydrated alllll day. 

I also color correct with a peach tone and conceal

with Too Faced Born This Way Super Coverage Multi-Use Concealer Caramel. I find that itโ€™s very similar to Shape Tape but gives more coverage. Another trick is to use an illuminating powder with a damp sponge to set your concealer. I use Hourglass Ambientยฎ Lighting Finishing Powder Dim Light. Since it has a subtle glow, it actually brings your eyes forward, further concealing dark circles. Itโ€™s definitely a process, but with time and patience, youโ€™ll find a works for you. 

Undereye help

what jane said!!!! I have bad dark circles sometimes and color correcting helps. I use a green one but yellow might work better with your skin tone. I just use the lipstick shaped maybelline color corrector from walmart. after you color correct then put on concealer and set it by baking or just even a little bit of powder helps even if you dont bake it.
Anonymous Insider

Thank you for the suggestion! Sorry for the late reply. I actually already know that color corrector but never tried it in yellow. I bought a peach/pink one to blend with foundation that was too warm. Iโ€™ll definitely give it a try since itโ€™s cheap and quite good quality. 

Usually Iโ€™m prudent with powder foundation under my eyes because after a few hours it becomes ugly / it shows??? I donโ€™t think I have a photo of it and itโ€™s hard to explain. I should give it a try now though, because I started using a setting powder which I never used before. 

Hey, I also struggle with under eye circles due to poor sleep during my teenage years. It's a hard thing to deal with honestly because it kind of seems like the eyes are the first things that people look at when they look at a person.

Anyway, although I'm not that informative on creams and things like that I mostly just use concealer to cover my circles. If you want you can use the creams other people suggested and this one really great concealer by IT Cosmetics, which you can buy at sephora yes (it's where I got mine). I'm not sure which skin type you are but mine is combination skin that runs a little dry around the cheek and under eye area which is why the IT Cosmetics one is so great for me because it gives me a dewy look instead of drying.

Be wary that you only use the TINIEST amount for this though as it is very thick and creamy. I believe this product will work for combination, dry and normal skin. I don't think it will work for oily skin so if that's your skin type then just ignore everything I've said lol. I usually wear it in a triangle shape under my eye and it erases all the circles like magic. If you find that you have used too much just use a beauty blender to pat off the excess and the blender will help to mattify it too if you want a more matte look.

Anyway, hope this helps some, thanks for reading this incredibly long post.

Anonymous Insider

Sorry for the late reply, thank you for your help! I also think I have combination skin, it can get ridiculously oily but dry when I just got out the shower for instance. 

I will look into this concealer, looks promising!!! ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿป

Same same for the lack of sleep. Still happens nowadays even if itโ€™s not as bad as when I was in High School. I wonder if the fact that my sleep schedule is all over the place has any impact on the dark circles (that is, I rarely go to bed/get up at the same time every day, even if I sleep more than before). 

t@YellowPlum I struggle with dark circles too and sorry to say they are mostly hereditary and it's likely that nothing will ever get rid of them completely. Keeping that skin hydrated and healthy (no rubbing, gentle cleansing and makeup removal) can help somewhat. Eye creams are meant to be left on. Definitely leave it on  if you're using shape tape, since it can be a little drying. Shape tape is my go to since it's the one that gives me the most coverage, but I rarely set it since I have normal to dry skin and live in a dry area. I use the Tatcha The Pearl Tinted Eye Illuminating Treatment Moonlightunder it and it acts as a good color corrector. It's expensive but it lasts a really long time. Other color correctors I've tried and liked are the SMASHBOX - Color Correcting Stick - Look Less Tired , and Bobbi Brown Under Eye Corrector Porcelain Bisque

RE: Re: Undereye help

Try the Becca anti fatigue under eye primer! I use it on top of eye cream, under color corrector and concealer and it makes a huge difference for my dark circles and wrinkles and also helps with under eye creasing of makeup. It also has a super slight cooling effect. For me it took a few uses to actually notice the cooling effect so if you try it, give it a few tries ๐Ÿค— following this feed for other tips and tricks!
Anonymous Insider

Thank you for the makeup suggestions and sorry for the late reply. I will definitely look into them during the upcoming sale.

I found it interesting and helpful that you talk about the eye care aspect because itโ€™s the first time someone mentions it has an effect at all. I must admit I donโ€™t take care of my eye area. I sleep with my makeup most of the time because I donโ€™t have the discipline to have a nighttime routine. When I do remove my makeup Iโ€™m soooo not gentle with my eyes. Also if Iโ€™m tired and โ€˜wonโ€™t go out of the house againโ€™ I rub my eyes sometimes to the point of compulsiveness and the next day they look horrible. Although on the picture it wasnโ€™t one of those days.

It definitely goes to show that even if you have the best makeup, brushes, sponges, and creams, the behavioural aspect is super important and I need to work on that. 

Hello! I would recommend keeping the eye cream on and not rinsing it off, shape tape can be drying so keep that eye cream on before applying the concealer. For a brighter under-eye look try using a tiny bit of color corrector (I recommend the Becca under eye brightening corrector) and if you are doing a full face of makeup try baking your under-eyes (just make sure you hydrate well beforehand with the ginzing eye cream) to bake you can just pick up an excessive amount of powder on a sponge or brush and set your under eyes then just brush away the excess after a couple of minutes ! ๐Ÿ™‚ BECCA - Under Eye Brightening Corrector ORIGINS - GinZingโ„ข Refreshing Eye Cream to Brighten and Depuff

Anonymous Insider

Sorry for the late reply, thank you for the suggestion! I will definitely try the Becca color corrector. In a few days there will be a sale Iโ€™m going to buy it then ๐Ÿ˜‰

Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 19 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
Photos2
  • After cream (rinsed out) set for 45 min but before concealer
  • After concealer (and foundation)
testing