Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Mascara Recommendations

Hi everyone! I need help finding a new mascara as my all time favorite, YSL’s The Shock in Asphalt, has been discontinued. The Shock is my perfect mascara as it has a wet and buildable formula that makes your lashes long, thick, and voluminous. The product also pictured very well. A lot of the new mascaras I’ve tried do not show up in photos. The other mascaras also have not made my lashes as thick as I’d like.

*pictured below are how my lashes look with The Shock along w the item itself*

I’m excited to hear any recommendations anyone has! I bought the Lancôme eyelash primer to help.

A few I have tried and did not care for: Better Than Sex, Milk Makeup Mascara, Lancôme Lash Idole, Bareminerals, Glossier, and even YSL’s new mascara lash clash.

Thanks everyone! 💗

24BB6602-125B-40F5-AF71-1F599C758572.jpeg

289F7645-E940-48A0-B077-E37A61202038.jpeg

Tags:

Re: Mascara Recommendations

Aw it's the worst when they discontinue products! My favorite mascaras are the ILIA Limitless Lash Lengthening Clean Mascara After Midnight and ILIA Fullest Volumizing Mascara Classic Black. The lengthening one looks really natural and the volumizing one really thickens my lashes (based on your description of the YSL mascara, I recommend the volumizing). Hope that helps 🙂

Thank you so much!! Love how the ilia volumizing one sounds. I will definitely try this one - thank you for your recommendation😊

6947C856-CCE2-4121-A606-CB1026041F0D.jpeg

My absolute holy grail is the Benefit roller lash. 
I’ve been using it for about 7 years now. Every couple of months I’ll try something new but I always seem to go back to this product.

it is a silicone, curved brush. The product isn’t too thick or to liquid. Perfect for lengthening. 

Thank you so much!! 😊

Thank you so much! Looking forward to trying these😊

Sorry to hear your fave was discontinued. Sounds like you are very particular, as am I, about mascara. I would highly recommend Benefit Cosmetics BADgal BANG! Volumizing Mascara Intense Pitch Black – 0.30 oz/ 8.5 g . While it has a thinner brush, and I usually prefer a big teddy bear brush, this has been my holy grail for years. I find it both lengthening and volumizing (buildable with multiple coats) but most of all, it’s the only one that STAYS ON without fading, disappearing or flaking on me throughout the day or night. I love that you can add layers without it clumping or feeling spiky, I absolutely hate formulas that make my lashes feel hard and spiky. Oh, it is also a wetter kind of formula, which I prefer.

I have repurchased again and again and basically do not buy other mascaras anymore. Here’s a recent pic using it. Good luck! @28laurentaylor 

A0D52FDA-3C2E-475F-8E47-48756EC8E5C6.jpeg

Omg thank you so much! That mascara looks so good on you! I cannot wait to try this one😊I really appreciate your reply!

Thank you!! I’ve heard great things about this mascara!😊 can’t wait to try it!

Oh The Shock was such a good mascara! Such a bummer that is was discontinued @28laurentaylor!

I’ve been using bareMinerals Strength & Length Serum-Infused Mascara Extreme Black and really love the length and volume it gives! I haven’t had problems with it flaking or smudging either!

Yes I’m so sad they canceled it! Love that it doesn’t smudge! Looking forward to trying this one. Thank you so much for your reply😊

12 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 17 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
Photos4
  • 24BB6602-125B-40F5-AF71-1F599C758572.jpeg
  • 289F7645-E940-48A0-B077-E37A61202038.jpeg
  • A0D52FDA-3C2E-475F-8E47-48756EC8E5C6.jpeg
  • 6947C856-CCE2-4121-A606-CB1026041F0D.jpeg
testing