Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Mascara Nightmare

I have a dilemma with mascara.  I have been wearing mascara for the last 40 years of my life, so needless to say I've tried nearly every mascara out there.  99% of the time I have fallout underneath the eye and I look like I have raccoon eyes.  Ughhhh!

So I tried a Jeff---️ recommendation of the Benefit mascara.  In th last 15 years I stopped wearing mascara on my bottom lashes because of this. Again I did that today but after two hours of wearing the mascara I could already see the fallout happening underneath my eye. And then four hours later I checked again and it was outright black underneath my eyes.  It looked horrible I wish I had a touch up kit to fix it and it's driving me insane. The only mascara that I ever remember is the Lancôme Defencils mascara but it to had some fallout. Does anyone have any suggestions of products that will get rid of this? Thank you I appreciate your help

Re: Mascara Nightmare

I swear by eyeko tubing mascara. Stays on and comes off when I am ready for it. Tubing mascara charged my life. 

everyone had good recommendations. i prefer TF Better tha...

everyone had good recommendations. i prefer TF Better than sex, never had a problem. But you may also wanna see if you have access moisture under ur eyes throughout the day, it can be remedied by a good setting powder under eyes😉.. just a thought. My co-worker use to have racoon eyes.. i dusted her with some setting powder and she no longer had that problem and got herself some Laura Mercier translucent powder.

The new Urban Decay Troublemaker mascara has a lot of staying power! It's marketed at "sex proof". im not sure what this means, but it stays on when i do workouts. I don't think it's waterproof but it might be. It's got fibers in it which is awesome. troublemaker mascaratroublemaker mascara

@Thescrappinmama Thanks for asking about this as I have the same problem and end up using waterproof which works well, but is a PITA to take off! I never heard of tubing mascara before today. Will check it out! 

@Thescrappinmama I love Make Up For Ever's Smoky Extravagant or Excessive Lash Arresting Volume.

One of the only mascaras that (for me) doesn't result in raccoon eyes at the end of a Disneyland day. 😉

Right now there's a promo code: IDOLEYES for a DS of MUFE's Excessive Lash

I seccond the Excessive Lash! It's amazing and has changed my relationship with mascara from annoyed to love

@Thescrappinmama I highly recommend a tubing mascara. They don't react to oil so they don't smudge or run or give you raccoon eyes. They are also water resistant (though not water proof). Some good ones are Blinc, Kevyn Aucoin curling mascara, Trish Mc Evoy curling mascara and there is a Clinique one as well but I don't recall which one. I adore tubing mascara! I wear them almost every day. Just be aware that they remove with warm water AND a little pressure (like wiping your eyes) not with makeup remover. 

I just looked tubing mascara up and am still a bit confused. Can someone please explain what the difference between tubing mascara and regular mascara is?

Hey @pinkgloss7. Regular mascaras coat with pigment (sort of like painting them) and sometimes add fibers to add length. But that "paint" can smudge or run. And fibers can get in your eye (ouch). 

Tubing mascaras actually sort of shrink wrap your individual lashes with a flexible polymer. (Picture your lash being stuck inside a long thin balloon) And balloons don't run or smudge. When  you go to take them off they will look like little black mini ziti! Lol! People think they're losing lashes, but it's the tubes coming off in tact

Thank you @jozkid! That was a really helpful explanation! 😀 

Tubing mascaras changed my life. The only thing that stays put all day long and not a pain in the lower back to remove. 

I'll second tubing mascaras.  My favorite is the Trish McEvoy, but Blinc was okay too.  The No 7 (gold tube) is fine for lower lashes, but I don't like it for upper.  I also tried a CoverGirl one that was supposed to be tubing, and while it didn't flake, it didn't do much either.  

I am on my 6th or 7th tube of the TM.  It's that good.  I always grab it when Nordstrom has their mascara event.  

I just noticed Sephora Canada doesn't sell the Trish.  I'm going to try the Blinc.  Someone also suggested a Lancôme mascara too.  So I'm going to try both and see what happens.  Thanks!

Sephora should carry the Aucoin @Thescrappinmama. It's very similar to the Trish

Ok thanks, I'll check it out!

@MyKidsHave4Legs I normally wear the Trish because it builds volume better than Blinc, but I have to admit Blinc is far more water resistant. But neither of them will give raccoon eyes! 😉

@jozkid - Hmm, I may need to grab a tube again.  I do like that Blinc has a brown color!  I was never that concerned about how water resistant a product was, I just needed it to not slide off my face, lol!

Thanks for the tip!

It doesn't fall, that's true,  however it's a mess to put on and take off.  I won't be using it again

@Thescrappinmama How was it a mess to put on and take off?  The Blinc is a more wet mascara I will admit. The Aucoin and Trish are a little drier. But how was it messy to take off?  This is actually the part I like about them. What happened?

I only need a little warm water to take of the Trish.  I love that I don't have to struggle to take it off, though it was weird at first watching the tubes 'fall' off.

Conversation Stats
  • 29 replies
  • 39 Hearts Given
  • 14 Contributors
Photos2
  • troublemaker mascara
testing