cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|
Anonymous Insider

I need a new foundation

My skin tends to be dry around my cheeks and super sensitive, but my nose is pretty oily. I was wondering if anyone has a foundation recommendation.

RE: I need a new foundation

I had this very problem and discovered that any foundation I used was not going to work as well until I addressed the skin issue itself. Exfoliate (but don't over exfoliate) and make sure you have great moisturizers for you cheeks . I had to use two primers at one point , one for moisturizing and the other for pore minimizing. When I had oily skin I used Estée Lauder double wear but my dry skin needed something that didn't become matte because it clung to the dry spots. So I've been using Too Faced Born This Way . Lancome was also moisturizing but the formula didn't last all day for me . Some other things I added into my routine to make sure I was addressing my dry skin problem was drinking more water . I also added in First Aid Beauty 's hydrating serum . Followed by Dr. Jart's Ceramidin liquid serum . I also use a product not available in Sephora from the NIOD collection which is the hydration vaccine . If you want to stick strictly with what to purchase at Sephora then Dr. Jart's Ceramidin cream to follow up the liquid serum is a great combo . To boost hydration in my primer I did reach for Smashbox primer oil as a last step before applying makeup . I hope this helps!

Re: I need a new foundation

Any Tarte foundation & Urban decay have some really nice foundations & some are ment for oily skin.

Anonymous Insider

RE: Re: I need a new foundation

Thank you so much!!
Anonymous Insider

Re: I need a new foundation

I personally love M.A.C studio fix. It is a long wear foundation and covers amazingly if thats a issue. I also suggest getting M.A.C lightful C to help with the dryness. 

Anonymous Insider

RE: Re: I need a new foundation

Thank you! I'll look into them.
5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing