Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

How to get the most pigment from eyeshadow??

I need all the help I can get from priming the eyes to application of eyeshadow
Anonymous Insider

Re: How to get the most pigment from eyeshadow??

Well first you would want to prime your eyelids you can do this using a brush or your fingers which ever works best. Then you would apply eye shadow if eye shadow is not very pigmented (which seems to be the problem) then try spraying your brush also use a denser brush and pack the eye shadow more. Now for the applying of eyeshadow I would find the medium to dark shade in your palette (non shimmery matte eyeshadow) and apply to the crease of your eye lid. then go in with a shimmer on the lid with a dark color on the corners and blend this with the crease to not make it a stark contrast. Then finally blend the matte colors used on the lid and blend them on your lower lash line right below lower lashes (before mascara is easier). Hope this helps..... Happy blending.....

RE: Re: How to get the most pigment from eyeshadow??

Thank you and yess 💕 it did help

How to get the most pigment from eyeshadow??

i am a HUGE fan of using glitter glue on the lids for all metallic/glitter/shimmer shadows. I have somewhat hooded eyes, but ADORE metallics and the like, and I find this not only makes the colors pop but also makes it laaaaaaaast. so I prime my eyes, then I will use some sort of cream product for a secondary base on my lids, then tap on some glitter glue and then put my lid color on. Sometimes I do that with a wet brush, sometimes dry and sometimes my finger. for colored bases, I like cream liners (which I also use for my colorful brows), well-blended eyeliner pencils, and even liquid lipsticks!

Re: How to get the most pigment from eyeshadow??

I've found the best way to really pack on eyeshadow pigment is to spray my brush with a setting spray first, then dip into the eyeshadow pan, and then press/tap in onto my eyelid. I was really struggling to get pigment payout with light shimmery shadows until I started using this trick and it definitely works! You can use any setting spray you have on hand but the one I specifically use for eyeshadow is the Makeup For Ever Mist and Fix O2 setting spray. Hope this helps!

Do you use a more condensed brush for this

Yes this helps so much thank you I will try this 🙂
6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing