Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

How do I stop bad under eye creasing and separation?

I moisturize, prime, blend my concealer correctly, don’t use foundation, use powder to set and still have problems with my under eye creasing and separating after about 15 minutes. What should I do?

Moisturizer- I moisturize my face with La Roche Posay and also add Aquaphor under my eyes to ensure moisture 

Primer- elf power grip primer(hyaluronic acid version)

Concealer- #Too Faced Born This Way Concealer

Powder- #Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder Translucent

I have also tried using a pressed powder first the one from Maybelline but it just made me look dry. Any product recommendations would be helpful!

(Before anyone says this I understand the natural under eye creases but these aren’t natural and my concealer and powder will just cake up and sit between my lines)

Re: How do I stop bad under eye creasing and separation?

@FlowerFridays   I have the issue of having wrinkles under my eyes that I need to consider.  I can't use concealer completely under my eyes.  At the advice of Wayne Goss, I think, I only use concealer in the inner corner of my eyes, bringing it down the side of my nose and into just the start of my under eye area if that makes sense. 

For the rest of my eye, I only use a color corrector, and it seems to brighten up my eyes enough for me without worrying about wrinkles showing.

I use Bobbi Brown Skin Color Corrector Stick .

@FlowerFridays, you can also try a fluffy brush to set your concealer and go right in afterwards vs waiting.  (I saw this via AleJayOfficial.  She gives great advice and explanations IMO.)  It works better with a concealer that's more "wet" if that makes sense, like the Fenty hydrating one.. That's what I've done it with successfully versus a thicker concealer.

Also, how is it separating exactly? Is it more dryness, or like settling in/cakey?  If it's the dry, yes try a gel @Inccc suggested.  If it's cakey, go in lighter with your concealer and try placing it slightly below the area, and just blending out with fingers.

I currently use eye cream from trader Joe's, it's hydrating and gel like.  Beauty of Joseon has a good eye serum from what I've heard.  I liked belif a lot, but since they've reformulated twice, I haven't tried the new version.

@FlowerFridays 

You can try a lightweight under eye cream maybe? It helps prep and add hydration to that area specifically which can lessen the appearance of creasing.

Don’t use too much and give your prep a minute to absorb into your skin before going in with your concealer. 

Also be careful to not over-powder, that can lead to separation. Tap your puff on the back of your hand first to evenly distribute the powder and get rid of access. You mentioned the fit me pressed powder made you look dry. I like the Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder it’s lightweight or the colourpop pretty fresh pressed powder if you’re on a budget. 

Or if you want to stick to your loose powder that’s fine as well but still tap your puff off on the back of your hand for the same reason! 

If the born this way concealer is the only ones you’ve ever used and experienced these problems, then maybe just try a different concealer and see if there’s a difference. 
One that i like and also since you mentioned not wearing foundation is Kosas Revealer Super Creamy + Brightening Concealer with Caffeine and Hyaluronic Acid and i’ve also heard good things about Glossier Stretch Concealer for Dewy Buildable Coverage ! 

Thank you. I have tried other concealers and still had this problem. The too faced concealer i do like a lot more than the other ones I have tried. I do tap my powder puff on the back of my hand before use but I will make sure that all my prep products have sat for a while before use! Do you have any eye cream recommendations?

@FlowerFridays I like Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Eye Base Primer & Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid or if you want an affordable option the elf holy hydration eye cream i like as well

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing