Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Hooded Eye Sag

Is anyone else experiencing "Hooded Eye Sag"? Or is it just me? What have you started to do differently after noticing? Thanks, in advance, for sharing any advice😊 

Tags:

Re: Hooded Eye Sag

@missaa8 I joined the skincare/makeup life pretty late, so hooded eyes are all I’ve ever known. Watching makeup tutorials can be frustrating because they work well for those without hooded eyes but I have to figure out how to adapt it to my own eyes. I searched for tutorials online and the ones that were most helpful were actually from Sephora’s YouTube channel, though the last time I checked, they had taken them down. I also sat down with a makeup artist to learn how to navigate my own eyes. After that, I’ve been able to adapt certain looks to work better on my eyes. 

For skincare, I’ve tried Skinfix barrier+ Triple Lipid-Boost 360° Hydrating Eye Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mL, SEPHORA COLLECTION Brightening Eye Cream with Caffeine and Hyaluronic Acid 0.67 oz/ 20mL, and Frudia Pomegranate Nutri-Moisturizing Eye Cream. I like Frudia the best so far in terms of effectiveness and price. It’s helped reduce some lines around my eyes and skin around them feels more hydrated.

@JoSometimes Thank you! That Frudia sounds delicious 😋 

@missaa8   I'm in my late 50s and definitely experiencing hooded eye sag. It's a normal part of aging, TBH. I'm working on figuring out to create a fake crease using eyeshadow, and in general finding it more forgiving to work with soft nude tones, but mostly I'm just rolling with it. I do use an eye cream, but that's more for brightening underneath my eyes than anything. I use Glow Recipe Guava Vitamin C Bright-Eye Gel Cream 0.5 oz / 15 mL 

You might find eye products that offer a temporary tightening effect. @SportyGirly125 you mentioned a StriVectin Peptight ™ 360˚ Tightening Eye Serum 1 oz / 30 mL yesterday - how effective do you find it to be?

That is fantastic honesty, @Westcoasty ! I'm only mildly invested in covering up my imperfections these days... my skin is honestly suffering the most these days from my problem with bargain shopping and poor makeup/skincare application 😄 

@missaa8   I'm with you on that one...for someone who just made Rouge for the second year in a row, I sure don't do as much as I could with a regular skincare regimen! But I'm also trying to accept aging as gracefully as I can. After all, it's not going to go away. LOL

@Westcoasty congratulations on making Rouge!

@Westcoasty @I have a pretty solid skincare routine and have been using the strivectin eye serum for a while now. I’m 40 but people say I look younger than I look. I have also been asked if I have had any Botox done which I have not. I think it really depends on the person though. 

How long would you say it took you to realize that your product was working? You have such a fascinating look, @SportyGirly125 !

@missaa8 @Thank you. I think for me it worked within the first month of me introducing into my skincare routine. 

Oh wow, that's actually a realistic time frame ... I am impressed! Do you mind sharing the amount of time you spend on your day-to-day beauty routine?

@missaa8 @I don’t wear makeup everyday but I used to wear makeup everyday when I went into the office. I would only spend 20 minutes on my makeup. Now I work from home and do my makeup once sometimes twice a week and spend at least 30 minutes on it. 

as for skincare, I spend at least 15-20 minutes at night. This includes when I am masking at the same time I am doing my body care routine. 

That's what I do for my skincare routine, also, @SportyGirly125 ! You have inspired me to 'stick with it' and keep my daily self-care regimen going. Thank you for sharing!

@missaa8 @Welcome. It’s a lot of trial and error. I was lucky to find what worked for me in my early 30s. It also helped I had a skincare routine down when I was a teenager thanks to my Mom. 

@SportyGirly125 my self-grooming habits were awful when I was younger... my mom worked a lot more back then, also, so I only really remember the makeup and moisturizer part haha Yay for Mothers❣️ 

Thanks for the response, @SportyGirly125 . I agree that it does depend on the person - never a guarantee that you'll find your holy grail, darn it!

@Westcoastyim gradually finding out that brand loyalty is everything haha once you find a good one, stick to it!

16 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 30 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing