Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Flawless foundation

When I look at others foundation, it looks like it’s been airbrushed and it’s flawlee! How can I get my foundation to look that way?

Anonymous Insider

RE: Flawless foundation

Hey ! So I currently use Estée Lauder Double wear foundation , it’s a high coverage foundation . I find that it goes on very smooth and isn’t caky at all . I used to use Kat Von D lock it foundation but I felt like it was very “tacky” and it did not last throughout the day . It takes time to find a good foundation that’s right for you

Re: RE: Flawless foundation

Thaaank you! I just started using Clinique Beyond Perfecting and it is truly amaaaazing! Yeah I had Kat Von D but I didn’t like it much.

Re: Flawless foundation

Does anyone have a suggestion for a great foundation stippling brush?  I'm thinking about the one from Morphe that Laura Lee recommends.

RE: Re: Flawless foundation

Wayne Goss #1 brush. It’s a bit pricier but it’s perfect in my opinion.

Re: RE: Re: Flawless foundation

Which one is that? Because I bought his anniversary set and I’m wondering if I have that brush.

yes the morphe y6 is perfect 

the best part is that it can also be used for concealer because its not too large or not too small

Thank you

I would also recommend using a lighter weight foundation such as Dior Airflash Spray. It's full coverage but doesn't go on thick

Thank you I have that buuut I wasn’t quite sure how it would look on.. but I’m going to try it out thank you 

Hi! Definitely keep up with an awesome skin care routine. Before applying makeup make sure your face is clean and moisturized. Find a GREAT primer that works with your skin type (especially a really hydrating primer) and finding the perfect foundation for your skin. I like using a full coverage foundation. And finding the perfect application for makeup; beauty blender or brush? (I like both) Setting powder helps hold your foundation so it doesn't shift or fade away through out the day. I use Laura Mercier. I also like using a hydrating spray after I'm done with my makeup. I even use it once again through out the day. Tatcha's Dewy Skin Mist is awesome and as well as FAB's Vital Greens Face Mist. It doesn't disturb your makeup and helps your makeup not look "cakey". You just have to find what works for you! Hope I was able to help. 

I also have banana powder and YSL soufflé declat translucent powder but I’m still doing something wrong because I don’t have bad skin.. it’s just I want my foundation to look like it’s flawless 

Thank you! I have the Tatcha dewy skin spray. I just don’t have the other one.. I’m gonna have To look further into that and give it a try.

Anonymous Insider

I agree with the other comments, I have also found that it all about skin care.  Exfoliate regularly and moisturize daily.  Make sure you face is clean and hydrated before you apply your foundation. I also have found that the right primer will make a HUGE difference. I have very dry skin and live in a dry state so I get hydrating primers and I usually apply 2 coats. I apply one, do my eye makeup, then apply another, do my brows, then I apply my foundation.  No matter what skin type, you need a high quality primer.  

Which primer would you recommend 

What primer would you recommend?

I agree, once I stepped up my skincare routine with Sunday Riley Lactic Acid and Tatcha essence it made all the difference for my dry skin to look better with foundation.  

I completely agree ! Skincare has made such a major difference in the application of my makeup! I would however recommend starting slowly.... sometimes the introduction of too many new products a once can aggravate your skin and make things worse!

Thank you 

Flawless foundation

What works best for me (but might not for you, everyone's skin is different) is starting with lots of moisturizer and a primer that matches my skin type, then either using my fingers or a damp beauty blender and really pressing it into the skin to blend. Then I only use a tiny bit of powder where needed, and finish it off with a setting spray, which I also press with a beauty blender. I have dry/combo skin.

Thank you. I just started spraying and pressing it in with my blender. I’m just tired of seeing fine little lines and pores! I don’t know how to cover them up 😩

Conversation Stats
  • 25 replies
  • 28 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
testing