Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Eyeshadow beginner needs recommendations

Hello! I’m pretty new to the whole makeup scene, I’ve been a little discouraged by never being able to find eyeshadow or lip colors that work with my skin tone, though recently I’ve actually found some really nice Korean lip tints. 
I have black hair (or the darkest brown you can think of) and a dark gold-brown skin color. I’m not very good at describing but I’ll include a photo (beware: bathroom light and kinda dry, patchy skin but working on that too) . My main problem with finding a good palette is that searching up “makeup for dark skin” tends to give results for black or Indian women. Both of which have gorgeous skin but different tones than mine, as an indigenous Ecuadorian. Think Native American but...Native /South/ American. 

I’ve mostly ignored makeup until now but I thought eyeshadow would be a fun place to start. I’d love to hear any recommendations for specific eyeshadow palettes or maybe a YouTuber/blogger with similar skin or just any recommendations for a look in general. Would love to hear any input, thanks in advance!

516ABA4C-97F7-459F-AEF0-0F369A15BA69.jpeg

Re: Eyeshadow beginner needs recommendations

Let me start off by saying that you are gorgeous!!  Huda had some mini pallettes out that are specifically for light/medium/dark skin you should check out.  Theyvare for a more netural look and are like 29 dollars I believe.  For something with a bit of color, colorpop isncheap andnhas great sales, so does bh coestmics.  Bh is amazing and has great sales on their site.  Tarte is amazing for people just starting out as well, and are decent price for the quality.   

My absolute favourites are natasha denona. They are easy to apply and the forumla is amazing and blends itself,  while shimmers would look amazing....the minis are like 25 dollars and you can get them during sales ...but I would honestly recommend a mini natasha denona,  and also go to bh coestmics site and buy a couple different pallettes and play around with natural vs color and see what you like!!   That's the beauty of it, makeup is fun to play in, and you can always wash it off and start over to find what you like.

I will say, you should get a eyeshadow primer that's a glitter glue.  That works for not only regular shadows but glitter too, so buying a glitter glue primer you kinda kill two birds with one stone type thing and can play around with both and not have to worry about having glitter all over your face. Lol.  

@Justjamey @eyeofiris  I agree Huda and Natasha Denona are great palettes with gorgeous colors and nice formulas. 

Hello @eyeofiris!   You have a lot of fun ahead of you, discovering your beauty favorites!

I have a few favorite products that you might like as well.  Most days I don't like to bother with a lot of makeup, so I opt for products that I can get the most "bang" from for as little effort as possible. 

One of my favorite ways to accomplish that is by using Charlotte Tilbury Eyes To Mesmerize Cream Eyeshadow Oyster Pearl .  This particular shade used to be called "Marie Antoinette," so if you are searching online for swatches and see that shade, they are the same.  I think you would also look great in the shades Rose Gold for a natural daytime look and Chocolate Bronze (used to be called Mona Lisa.)

These shadows are unique because as the light hits them, it looks like you are wearing more than one shade at a time!  The lighter shade, Rose Gold, can also be used for a base shadow that you can layer with powder shadows.  See what you think about #Charlotte Tilbury Luxury Eyeshadow Palette in The Golden Goddess, The Vintage Vamp, or Bella Sofia. Charlotte Tilbury carries a lot of warmer toned shades, which would probably look lovely on you.

One of those shadows, a black eyeliner, and mascara, and you've got a good start to your beauty adventure.  Benefit Cosmetics BADgal BANG! Volumizing Mascara  and ##Benefit BADgal  Bang 2-Hour Waterproof Eyeliners are good ones to try.

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos1
  • 516ABA4C-97F7-459F-AEF0-0F369A15BA69.jpeg
testing