Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|
Anonymous Insider

Eyeshadow; Urban Decay vs Make Up Forever???

Whilst browsing through Sephora I came across Make  Up Forever and there eyeshadow shades Amazed me, I have never used there products or heard of them as I'm in the UK. I did notice how they are similar is shades and pigments to Urban Decay!. Now I haven't tried Urban Decay either but I found that MUF has more of a selection of shades than UD. So before I go on a huge make up haul; what do you think is the better brand. This is in your own opinion!, I kinda want to know what is the better and the pros and cons as I haven't used either brand. Annabelle x

Anonymous Insider

Re: Eyeshadow; Urban Decay vs Make Up Forever???

@unfungirl Funny enough I have never tried any ABH Cosmetics yet I saw the single shadows and was really impressed by the variety of shades. I'm such a lipstick and contouring hoarder that it was when I looked at my make up and though "Eyes" literally I think I had forgotten eyeshadow lol bar about 10 colours I have. I'm open to all make up, so I will deffo have to try a few ABH. What other brands do you find are widely versatile? X

Jumping in 😄  

@Anonymous the ABH single shadows are also very nice!  They would fall in between UD & MUFE for me 🙂

@Anonymous ABH is one of my favorite brands, their new Matte bullet lipsticks are lovely as well! I don't think I've ever disliked anything they make.  You should definitely check out the eyeshadows!

I'm also a huge fan of Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs and Bite Beauty. For a cheaper  option, colourpop is pretty amazing IMO.

i like tarte but find that their quality can be inconsistent.

Anonymous Insider

Bite beauty I will have to look up. Thank god sephora ship to the uk as were limited lol. I have seen a new Mj pallet that looks nice. Colour pop I have looked at but was hesitant as never really heard of it or seen it used but there colours are Popping x

Anonymous Insider

unfungirl wrote:

@BabyCakesIrie ABH is one of my favorite brands, their new Matte bullet lipsticks are lovely as well! I don't think I've ever disliked anything they make.  You should definitely check out the eyeshadows!

I'm also a huge fan of Kat Von D, Marc Jacobs and Bite Beauty. For a cheaper  option, colourpop is pretty amazing IMO.

i like tarte but find that their quality can be inconsistent.

Tarte I find is to plain, like I'm finding there's are too many nudes lol. I'm a very big J️ Fan and I have tried Kat Von D products but they sadly were eBay Fake Ups 😡!, I like the look of the Alchemy set as I would use for Eyes as well as highlighter. I definitely need to try different brands as I do tend to want to stick to like 3 l

The MUFE Artist Shadows are (IMO) one of the best eyeshadows on the market.  While they are a bit pricey (in terms of purchasing the shadows individually as opposed to in a palette) you receive more product per single shadow compared to most other brands and the pigmentation/blendability is well worth it.  UD cannot compare.

Anonymous Insider

Thanks ElleElleG, I kinda am more drawn to MUFE than UD. Another question seeing as you use the brand. Do they come in single pots or do you buy the shade and it comes in a Pan for you to build your own collection?. As I noticed they offer a triple case, Single and Duo x

ElleElleG wrote:

The MUFE Artist Shadows are (IMO) one of the best eyeshadows on the market.  While they are a bit pricey (in terms of purchasing the shadows individually as opposed to in a palette) you receive more product per single shadow compared to most other brands and the pigmentation/blendability is well worth it.  UD cannot compare.

BabyCakesIrie wrote:

Thanks ElleElleG, I kinda am more drawn to MUFE than UD. Another question seeing as you use the brand. Do they come in single pots or do you buy the shade and it comes in a Pan for you to build your own collection?. As I noticed they offer a triple case, Single and Duo x 

@Anonymous They come in pans with the magnetized bottoms for self made palettes.  It's more cost effective if you purchase 3 shades + their 3-pan palette at a time for $42.  (1 shadow + palette = $22, 2 shadows + palette = $34).  Both their small empty palettes with the clear top & their larger solid empty palettes are great for travel. 

i do love my urban decay eyeshadows, but i think the singles are better than the palettes. MUFE palettes are ok, some of the artist palettes are quite good, but i think their single eyeshadows are incredible! especially the mattes. urban decay mattes are quite stuff, and really need to be built up. mufe are much more pigmented. morello cherry is probably my favorite red eyeshadow of all time!

Anonymous Insider

Yeah I agree pallets to me either have like 2/10 colours I would use and the rest I wouldn't. So I deffo think some brands need to do more singles and less pallets. Thank you for your reply x Annabelle x

@Anonymous   You're welcome! I have way too many palettes but the only ones I use the majority of the shades in are my ABH and viseart. If you haven't tried Anastasia Beverly Hills eyeshadow yet, you really can't go wrong with their single eyeshadows or modern renaissance palette. The quality is incredible and they are more affordable than some of the other mid-end brands ☺️

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing