Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Eye

Hey everyone I’m new to doing makeup and haven’t quite gotten the hang of putting on eyeshadow yet. I learn off of YouTube and I’m still having a hard time figuring out what to use before putting on eyeshadow. Help!

Tags:

Re: Eye

1st you need to know your eye skin type by that I mean how oily are your lids? As we age our sebacious glands on our eyes increase and our lids get oilier! If you use an eye shadow not a pigment but a regular eye shadow how long until the shadow creases then just disappears? If you go all day and are okay you don't have oily lids if you go a couple hours you do! Now you need a primer? There is silicone, non silicone and paint pots\creams, those are the main ones! I think its silicone that is good for oily skin. Lorac has one thats good for oily skin. Urban decay primer potion and too faced eye insurance work for all skin types. TheBalm has a great one for dry lids! You can also use Mac paint pots or any thing like that. Estée Lauder has a good one NYX has a good one thats white its a little on the oily side though. These will help your shadows pop and keep them in place while giving you that extra clean under the brow look like you get with concealor but I suggest using these when using actual pigment shadows as they help keep from staining but they also may not hold the shadow as long as an actual eye primer. Some use concealor too I have noticed it really depends on the concealor and the shadow\pigment mix. I highly recommend too faced eye insurance! Its one of my faves! Let it dry for a few minutes to get a smooth surface or go in quick while its tacky with a shimmer/glittery shadow! Play around and see what you like! You can message me on here if you would like specifics on anything! Check out my makeup page on IG @ jewelygrl15 I have a lot of good info on there! 

I always start with eyeshadow primer before I apply shadow. Some people like concealer, but I find eyeshadow primer works better. You have to try both and see what works for you. A few great ones are Smashbox eyeshadow primer, Too Faced shadow insurance, Morphe eyeshadow primer works well also. Good luck!!  Oh and don't forget to try setting your primer with a skin toned shadow also... I find when I don't set the primer the colors of the shadows are more intense... You have to try both ways to see what works for you. 

Thank you so much ❤️

@diamondzR4Eva @I would watch Jaclyn Hill’s blending 101 on her YouTube channel. Also Patrick Ta and Sir John have great step by step tutorials.

just keep practicing and you will get the hang of it. 

Such a huge fan of Patrick Ta! Some other great advice would be consult a Sephora professional for a makeup session and ask away! Also there are great tutorials on Instagram, just type in hashtag #eyeshadowtutorial #makeupartist #beauty look up #amrezy #makeupbymario #norvina #patmcgrath

Thank you so much! I’ll definitely check them out❤️

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing