Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Eye Makeup

Hey Guys , I'm thinking about trying out a liquid eyeliner - i usually use a gel liner . Which would you suggest for a beginner with a liquid eyeliner ?? 

Please drop some suggestions and tips on application ! 🙂 

Thanks !

Re: Eye Makeup

NYX has good one!

makeruplover94 wrote:

Hey Guys , I'm thinking about trying out a liquid eyeliner - i usually use a gel liner . Which would you suggest for a beginner with a liquid eyeliner ?? 

Thanks !

Physician's Formula has a good KVD Trooper liquid eyeliner dupe:

https://makeupproblem.com/2015/07/20/dupes-kat-von-d-vs-physicians-formula-liquid-eyeliner-pens/

KVD tattoo liner for sure. Its my holy grail liquid liner!

Anonymous Insider

I love the new Rimmel liquid eyeliner with the little ball tip. It took a few tries to get used to but I love it now, so easy and perfect wings!

KVD Tattoo Liner is v good for beginners as it's easy too maneuver without creating too thick of a line.

RE: Eye Makeup

I really love the Stay All Day liquid eyeliner from Stila. It stays on really well, and the felt tip really helps with making an even line, and a sharp wing. Liquid eyeliner takes practice, but being slow and steady really helps!

stila stay all day... i have had mine almost a year and it hasn't dried out. it shocks me every time i put it on. So pigmented, so easy to use, so precise and beautiful. Everyone I have shown my Stila to drops their KVD like it was a swamp monster and has never looked back with Stay All Day 

Another vote for Stilla waterproof liner. It comes with a felt tip (almost like a very thin marker) so it is very easy to apply and does not bleed once you apply it. I can personally vouch for the effectiveness of being waterproof as well. It stays on well all day (to be fair I also use an eye primer) and does not smudge easily! It is a great pick!

Tarte precision longwear is great!

makeruplover94 wrote:

Thanks !

KVD Tattoo Liner

Dido. KVD tattoo liner is good because it's a pen type. That's usually easier than an eyeliner with a wand. 

Just remeber to keep your eyes open. Sounds simple, but I used to keep mine closed until someone wiser showed me the way😏. Also, try to gently pull the skin around your eye, so that it's a little more smooth. 

Good luck!

(P.s. Start with as thin a line as possible. That way, if you make a mistake, there's still a chance to redeem it😉)

I would suggest either Kat Von D Tattoo Liner or the Stila Waterproof Liquid Liner. They both have a felt tip so it's super easy to apply - pretty much like a magic marker. You can lay it on its side and drag it along your lash line and the good thing about these liners is that they dry quickly, they don't smudge and they're super long-wearing. If you want to wing it out, you can use Scotch tape to make sure your wings are even. You just line a piece up with your bottom lash line and use it as a guide. When you pull the tape off you'll have perfect, even wings!

So true. Scotch tape has saved my life time and time again.

Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 13 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
testing