cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|
Anonymous Insider

Concealer advice please-under eye circles extremely dry

Here is a photo of me in all my scary, no makeup glory.  I'm 58.  I have deep, dark circles under my eyes and really, really dry skin.  I get eczema on my eyelids so I avoid sulfates and parabens.  Everything I've tried to camoflauge my circles ends up caking and settling in lines (my whole face does this).Yikes!Yikes!  I finally took the plunge and am putting this photo out there since I live in the boonies and can't go somewhere for an in-person consult.  Advice please?  By the way..I wash my lids with Occusoft and have use cream and/or coconut oil around my eyes..

RE: Concealer advice please-under eye circles extremely dry

First, I think you have beautiful skin. I don’t have any advice for under eye circles since I am still trying to find the perfect product as well. But I love some of the Josie Maran products for moisturizing my face, specifically her Argan milk, whipped face butter moisturizer, and Argan reserve oil, which I use at night. As far as an eye cream, I actually have a great local company by me called Scrubz. They have a website too: Scrubz.com I think. I use their eye balm called Bye Bye Bagz religiously. It is my HG product. I have tried so many expensive eye creams and it is so much better than any of them. It really seems to get rid of the fine lines around my lines and doesn’t give me milia, which was a problem for me with other products. It is a combination of different oils but absorbs nicely into the skin. And it’s moderately priced as well. Even though I live in a pretty populated area, I shop online often and do a ton of research before buying anything. Hope this helps!

For your eczema on your eyelids, are use the product below from Amazon. I put it on, and within 24 hours the eczema is gone. I put it on at night, and by morning it’s visibly less. It’s the only thing I’ve ever had work on my eyelids. I also use it on eczema between my fingers. I think it would work anywhere. As for your eyes, I have learned that moisturizing is the key. You have to moisturize morning and night with something that’s gonna put you with pack moisture in. Personally I found that using and I oil, and then Keihl Midnight Recovery Eye cream makes a big difference. I use both morning and night at least 20 minutes before I do my make up. I now do a peach color corrector with a narrow brush directly over the darkness, and then use my foundation over that. I stay away from under eye concealer is because they just make my under eye wrinkles look worse. YMMV

Anonymous Insider

Re: RE: Concealer advice please-under eye circles extremely dry

Thank you.  Never in a million years would I have come across this.

Re: Concealer advice please-under eye circles extremely dry

I’m Indian and a similar situation.  I think we suffer from a similar thing where we have both a shadow (due to our bones) and dark pigment.  David did a good Sephora video about using a slightly lighter shade just on the bottom circle part and a skincolored concealer right under the eye. My fav eye cream is the ole Hendrickson vitamin c one.  I also like the belif eye mask. For concealer, try a few samples of the NARS matte concealer (in a pot).  I know everyone liked the liquid ones but they crease so much even with powder.

good luck.

Anonymous Insider

My daughter also recommended Ole Hendrickson.   I will definately go watch that video and check out the products you mentioned.  THank you!

my under eyes really dry too, try using the becca undereye brightner!!! and the tarte maracuja c brighter eye treatment is great too

I use Urban Decay Naked color corrector in the color peach under foundation and concealer to hide dark circles! Works amazing 🙂 good luck, you’re beautiful!
Anonymous Insider

Re: RE: Concealer advice please-under eye circles extremely dry

Thank you so much.

Concealer advice please-under eye circles extremely dry

Hi! I would recommend priming your under eye with Becca Anti-Fatigue Under Eye Primer. It's infused with caffeine so it gives a really nice boost! For concealer I highly recommend giving Too Faced Born This Way Concealer a try. it's great for offering full coverage. It works wonderfully with dry skin too! Oh and you're definitely not scary looking haha. you look great! Good luck, hope this helped.
Anonymous Insider

Thank you.  Great suggestions!

10 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
Photos2
  • Yikes!
testing