Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes

ColourPop Super Shock Shadow Creasing

I have hooded eyes and oily lids and every time I try to use ColourPop's Super Shock Shadows, they crease on me. I applied my tried-and-true eye primer (NARS Pro-Prime), then set it with a powder shadow. After I applied the Super Shock with my finger, i even closed and relaxed my eyes for about 2 minutes so it would set. When I checked 45 minutes later, it was crease city! These shadows are really pretty so it would be great if I could find a way to make them work for me.

What am I doing wrong? If anyone has any tips or tricks, I'd really appreciate them!

Re: ColourPop Super Shock Shadow Creasing

@kaysea Are you applying it over another shadow or by itself? I love SSS, but not alone. I feel they work best when used as a top coat. Try layering it over a similar shade. My eyes are slightly hooded and I use a Mac Paint Pot is Soft Ochre as my base. It hasn’t let me down in over 10 years. ❤️❤️❤️

Re: ColourPop Super Shock Shadow Creasing

@darlyndar Thanks for your reply! I've tried it both ways - on its own and over a shadow. I put a shimmery navy blue one just in the center of the eye, over the NARS primer and Urban Decay eyeshadows because I was hoping it wouldn't crease..nope! 

Today, I applied the SSS with a Real Techniques brush rather than my finger and that helped a bit but it was still creasing about 2 hrs later. I think the oils and heat from my finger made it break down quicker.

I was thinking maybe I shouldn't put a powder on top of the primer - maybe the SSS need to stick directly to the primer. Thanks for the tip about MAC paint pots! I've heard awesome things but haven't tried them yet.

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing