Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Color switch sponge for brushes

I have been putting eyeshadow on a lot more often and I am looking for something to help me switch between colors with the same brush. I have seen special sponges for this and could really use a recommendation for one. For the record I’m using an inexpensive Real Techniques set and not higher end brushes. Here are a couple I’ve found. Can someone give me a recommendation for one? I trust BIC folks most.

71B0F606-8DE5-4702-BBF8-60782E6B58BD.png

198994E3-E138-4E63-9948-9356173E20C2.png

Re: Color switch sponge for brushes

@sprocketta are you partial to actually using a color switch or are you just looking for an effective way to quickly clean your brushes?  Only asking because I tried out a couple of color switches from different brands and they sort of worked, but not well.  I purchased the SEPHORA COLLECTION Daily Brush Cleaner 6.75 oz/ 199 mL and immediately ditched the Switch.  Bonus: it's going to be 30% off during the upcoming sale.  

@CookieGirl1 Looking at the color switch since I don’t have a ton of brushes and favor one eye brush. I’d need it to switch back and forth right away. But I need a brush cleaner too! Thank you.

@sprocketta Gotcha.  Side note: the brush cleaner is instant--like the Cinema Secrets one--so it's clean and dry within seconds.  

@CookieGirl1 Oh wow. Cool! I’ll have to pick it up. Do you have anything you use with it or just your hands?

@sprocketta I'm not sure exactly what you mean...

In the morning I'll either grab a dedicated "brush washcloth" (and a thin one that won't absorb too much of the spray works best) that I can use/get dirty and wash at the end of the week or even a paper towel or tissue (these actually both work very well).  I just spritz a couple of sprays onto the towel/cloth, wipe my brush on the area that I've sprayed, and it's clean--and dry--in seconds.  I use it for eye brushes, powder brushes, even foundation brushes and it does the trick for the day-to-day until I get ambitious and decide to actually WASH my brushes more thoroughly.

Tagging @danielledanielle because I know that she uses it too and could maybe provide her two cents 🙂

Thanks for the tag @CookieGirl1 ,

@sprocketta 

So I have the ulta one and I think it works well on synthetic brushes.  The white center sponge of it, I've never used it, I know I stained my older one and just gave up.  I don't think of it as a brush cleaner, because it isn't, bit it definitely helps switch between shadows.   It's also probably a fraction of the cost of other color switchers, and you can usually get it with a coupon, so it's well worth it's value.  I like it for switching between really pigmented or sparkly shades, because I have some brushes that are great multitaskers, so it saves me from having to wash them.  I tend to twirl my brush in the sponge vs rubbing back and forth and then I was the sponge when I wash all my brushes.

I have a microfiber towel, too, and I use that with natural brushes, but I feel like the colorswitch does better job in general, I'm just concerned it would damage the natural ones over time.

@CookieGirl1 I’ve seen brush cleaning mats. I honestly would so rarely use brushes that I never cleaned them. I know, I know. But doing eye makeup now I need to.

@sprocketta Yeah, I use a brush cleaning mat when I'm actually WASHING my brushes (which happens far too infrequently, lol) but for the spray I just use an average, everyday paper towel or tissue, easy-peasy.  Because washing brushes is one of those "Do I haaaaave to....?" moments 😂.

@sprocketta i use a cheap one I found at Marshall's and it does the trick. Also a microfiber towel works really well and you can use it with creams or if your foundation brush is a little dirty from the day before.

@sprocketta I have the ulta one and it does the job! I haven't tried the name brand one though so I can't say if it's better!

@Kim888 I grabbed the color switch on Amazon at a good price before you posted. I’m excited to use it!

@sprocketta Color Switch is more popular and known.  I have it.

Thanks @SportyGirly125 ordered on Amazon for a bit less money.

13 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 25 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos2
  • 71B0F606-8DE5-4702-BBF8-60782E6B58BD.png
  • 198994E3-E138-4E63-9948-9356173E20C2.png
testing