Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Best thickening mascara that DOES NOT lengthen

I'm always searching for the perfect mascara... My lashes are naturally very long, but fine and sparse. It seems like most mascaras that are labeled as thickening also lengthen, which leaves me with what looks like spider legs that brush against the lenses of my glasses.

What is your favorite mascara that will give me super-thick lashes, but won't add length? A waterproof version would be the icing on the cake.

Tags:

Re: Best thickening mascara that DOES NOT lengthen

Hi @emmys1972,

I can completely relate to your post! My lashes are naturally long, and if they don't have enough volume, I feel they can actually look too long and spidery.

What works best for me is to really focus on how I'm applying my mascara! I start by wiggling the wand just at the roots of my lashes, and I don't pull all the way through my lashes right away. I apply one coat just at the roots, and let the mascara semi-dry before going in with another coat just at the roots. Once my lashes have the volume I want, I apply a quick coat all the way through to the ends just to darken them up a bit, but not to add anymore length. I definitely recommend trying this application technique out. 🙂

Currently, I'm obsessed with Lancome - Monsieur Big Mascara as this delivers intense volume and it's a very black formula, which I love! It comes in a waterproof formula also, although I have never tried that one out. You can check them both out here. >

https://www.sephora.com/product/monsieur-big-mascara-P419848

https://www.sephora.com/product/monsieur-big-waterproof-mascara-P429440

I hope this helps! 🙂

Best regards,

Laurie

Re: Best thickening mascara that DOES NOT lengthen

definitely the Hourglass Caution Extreme Lash Mascara. It's great for thickening and giving a bold look!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing