Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes

Best Beauty Tutorials/Influencers for Asians

Hi All!

Who do you think are some of the best Beauty Tutorials or Influencers for Asians?

We Asians do have different eye shapes, face shapes, and hair types that are not typically covered in western tutorials. In fact, many of the "makeup rules" don't apply to us, or even work (crease? what crease? And whomever told me to put falsies on my bottom lashes was just crazy)

In the past I always just picked up a Asian beauty magazine and looked at the pictures. While I personally can speak Chinese very well, and read with some fluency, that isn't always an option for some Asian Americans (2nd or 3rd generation, adoptees, or ya fell asleep in Chinese school too many times). Not to mention, Asian has its own beauty standards that can be exclusionary (what if you're a brown Asian? Or a naturally curly haired Asian?). Asian fashion is very different from American, so the look you want to emulate might not even be available!

Here's a few of mine

(disclaimer: I'm Taiwanese/Chinese, so I do favor and follow northeast Asians since they look like me)

1. Michelle Phan - honorable mention and placed number 1 as the OG Asian beauty guru, Vietnamese American

2. Jenn Chae of FrmHeadtoToe - Korean American

3. Tina Yong - Singaporean Australian 

4. Beautifymeeh - English speaking Korean

Re: Best Beauty Tutorials/Influencers for Asians

Ah how could I forget makeupbox on Tumblr! Granted that website is imploding, but I always loved her posts.

She's Singaporean. I tend to recommend Singaporean and Hong Kong bloggers to fellow Northeast Asian Americans, because they have one foot rooted in Asia, and one in the West.

Pony Syndrome and Tina Yong are my personal favorites. 

Also, non-beauty but Asian YouTube-related, I've been obsessed with Wong Fu Productions for years.

Pony Syndrome ❤️

sichenmakeupholic

Edward Avila for reviews

- Claire Marshall/heyclaire

- Stephanie Villa/Soothing Sista

- Serein Wu

- Kim Thai

- Jen Im

@jademushroom I’m Taiwanese/Chinese as well and I follow Jen Chae from Head to Toe. 

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing