Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Advice with eyeshadow application

1. Hi, ladies I’m new to this group, and I wanted to ask a few questions. I wore makeup when I was a lot younger, and I have seemed to forget about how to apply my eyeshadows. (Maybe I didn’t apply it right then either! Who knows! 😂) I want to learn how to apply my eyeshadows the right way to have a well blended flawless look.  Can any of y’all point me in the right direction,  please? I use urban decays primer potion to prep my eye first, transition shade, then my crease color, and then my lid color. When everything is finished, it doesn’t have a nice blended flow to my look. What am I missing?? 
    Thank you, ladies! 

31B469A7-D315-4057-8FEA-B0AD68D02339.jpeg

 #Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion

#KKW Glitz & Glam Pallet 

Re: Advice with eyeshadow application

Shadows were never so pigmented as they tend to be now @MsKam20 , so it's a new world of blending! I've been wearing makeup for over 40 years and i'm having to re-teach myself everything because of the differences in the makeup technology and the differences those years make to my own face! 

Having a couple of extra blending brushes helps. I like SLMissGlam & Luxie blending brushes. Sephora colelction brushes are nice, I usually get the mini sets-- lots of easy to store brushes for less $$$.

Some shadows blend better if your set the primer with a little powder first-- this is one thing that takes experimentation, though. 

@heavyhedon  & @MsKam20 ,

Yeah, I find shadows to be a greater variety nowadays that sometimes it's more trial and error.  I try to think about what look I want and my eye shape and see what happens 😂.  I usually work from my outer corner to my inner corner, if that makes sense.

For example, I know a hint of a dark color in the tiny C shape of my eye tends to make my eyes look more open, but I don't want to blend it out too far, so I will go in with a small, flat bristle detailed brush and kind of carve out the shape.  Then I blend out.

Also, reapplying shades kind of helps.  I find that I apply a shimmer first, sometimes it gets subdued when I go in with other shadows, so I'll go back and touch it up after I've done most of the shadow work.

@MsKam20 @I would watch Jaclyn Hill blending video on YouTube. She gives great tips and tricks on how to blend eyeshadow together. 

when blending eyeshadow you want to gradually layer the shadows and build up the color. Also, using different shadow brushes so the colors don’t end up looking muddy. 

@SportyGirly125 - This video was amazing!  I always knew I was missing something, but I wasn't sure what.  Jaclyn's video showed me where I'm going wrong and what I need to do to fix the problem.

@Titian06 Yay. Glad the video helped you. 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos1
  • 31B469A7-D315-4057-8FEA-B0AD68D02339.jpeg
testing