Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Everything Eyes
|

Advice for beginners, please

I’m totally new to the whole makeup thing and I’m capable of looking like a human being rather than a drowned raccoon, but I’m not very used to it. I have basic capability to do skin and stuff but every time I try eyeliner it looks like a dotted line on a chalkboard. I also can’t figure out how to properly apply eyeshadow without looking sleep deprived. If anyone has any advice, I’d be happy to take it. Info about desired look: I’m very gothic/emo and smoky eye plus large winged eyeliner is my goal.

Sincerely, a drowned raccoon

Re: Advice for beginners, please

@FaeTheBae It takes practice so don't give up.  Educate yourself with videos (YouTube) or hands on experiences at the beauty counter.

For eyeliner start with a kohl.  It's a lot easier to use than liquid.  Draw little dots and slowly connect them or use tape on the outer corner of the eyes as guidance.

For eyeshadow start with 2 shades first.  One for the lid and the other to blend before you start incorporating a bunch of colors.  It also helps to have several brushes so it doesn't look muddy.

Re: Advice for beginners, please

Thank you so much for the advice!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing