Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

best products for closed comedones?

So I have had issues with closed comedones on my forehead for years and I've tried EVERYTHING but they are still persistent and I really don't want to have them removed by a dermatologist because my skin there is very thin, scars easily, and... das esspensive! If anyone else here has also struggled with closed comedones that come and go I would love to know what products worked for you. I have dry skin all over and my forehead is quite flaky but still has oil production that will get shiny by the end of the day. 

Re: best products for closed comedones?

@NaeRi  I also have them and I have very dry skin. I’ve used a few combinations to get rid of mine and I find using DRUNK ELEPHANT - C-Firma™ Day Serum

and DRUNK ELEPHANT - T.L.C. Framboos™ Glycolic Night Serum

has helped me. I also used The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL

and had good results. For me I find I need to use stuff every day to keep them at bay but I just include them in my skin care routine so it’s just a normal day for me. For my dry flaky skin I use DRUNK ELEPHANT - Lala Retro™ Whipped Cream

and I mix it in the tlc and it completely helps my skin. 

Thank you so much for the product recommendations! I will definitely check them out

Retinol, but takes time and consistent usage. If it's milia, a derm does need to remove. It's quick, if they know what they're doing, scaring is minimal if any. My derm used a tiny pinpoint, then squeezed out the blockage.

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing