Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Smooth clean makeup base

I was looking to find a smoother base when doing my makeup instead of it all look separated and cakey and I do have really have dry skin and maybe a broken skin barrier or like textured skin and i wanted to know how to get a cleaner look.

I use the dior foundation and the huda beauty counselor with the pink poreless elf primer and then saile blush and milk contour and huda beauty setting powder for my routine usually and maybe that might be the promblem but I really need help getting the smooth makeup look 🙏

Re: Smooth clean makeup base

@Hanazsiso, there are a couple of things you can try, but my guess would be to add more moisture into your routine and use less product, which might be why you're getting cakey and separation.

(I'm not a dry skin type for reference, I'm oily combo, so separation occurs where I have oil or lines.  Cakey occurs when I apply too much powder or, again, oils)

Make sure your skin is moisturized, and give a little extra to the areas you know are prime to separation.  Also gently exfoliating can help with something like Freck Beauty Cactus Water Cleansing Lactic Acid Toner 6.5 oz/ 192 mL .

Consider using a sponge vs brush when applying your foundation.  If you already are, continue.  Also, use the primer only where you need it, same thing for concealer... Think dot it on vs a heavier application.

For the setting powder, use a fluffy brush instead of a poof.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing