Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

Is there any cure or treatment for lip eczema

Lip eczema

Is there any cure or treatment for lip eczema

I'm wondering if you are experiencing angular cheilitis. That's a fungal infection in the corners of your lips. it feels dry and you may be tempted to put Vaseline on it, but that wouldn't help. The way to clear it up is athlete's foot cream/clotrimazole. My doctor told me about it once. Athlete's foot cream might help if you have dry spots elsewhere on your lips.

RE: Is there any cure or treatment for lip eczema

I have had eczema around the lips and eyelids this winter. I have seen a dermatologist, so have that diagnosis. Prescription hydrocortisone ointment is the only thing that has helped. Someone mentioned Aquafor, which I tried at the suggestion of a friend who swears by it. Tastes awful and only seemed to make my lips itch.

Re: Is there any cure or treatment for lip eczema

@GeeC1016 While not really for lips, I use aveeno eczema therapy lotion when I see eczema reappearing on my face and it helps a lot. I’ve used hydrocortisone also if it is getting bad. Steroid shot in the butt when it’s horrible (luckily only once)

Edit: I put aveeno lotion on my lips out of curiosity.  It’s sticky but not bad. The active ingredient is colloidal oatmeal so maybe you can make a lip mask out of that?  You can buy it raw on Etsy. I’m not sure if there are any side effects with that so may need to do a bit of research. 

Hey there! I have eczema on the contour of my upper lip and it gets pretty bad in periods of stress. What worked for me, after trying 30 different balms, is hydrocortisone (sold at the drugstore) once or twice a day for a day or two and a super thick balm afterwards. The balm has to be a Vaseline like texture because the hydrocortisone controls the eczema but dries the hell out your skin! My favourite bal is called Cicaplast from Laroche-Posay (I’m in Canada and I don’t know if it’s sold elsewhere.. however it does miracles!)

Re: Is there any cure or treatment for lip eczema

No answers for you, in the same boat. I’ve got it on my eyelid and around the mouth. It actually got better after doing some green juices with turmeric and ginger which are anti inflammatory. But then I went to the dermatologist and she prescribed a cortisone treatment and something called epiceram which helps rebuild skin barrier. So far after using those creams my skin is still not back to normal. I think treating it from the inside is best and just the product thaof helped a lot to keep my lips moisturized is a cream from SANRE, called siesta sunset. They sell it at Whole Foods and it is basically a bunch of oils and never irritated my skin. 

Forgive me because I’ve never heard of lip eczema before so I don’t have any background in the condition. Have you been diagnosed by a dermatologist and if so, has he or she prescribed anything for your lips? My lips have been dry and chapped since being on Accutane 20 years ago. I recently found some lip masks that work well: the Laneige lip mask and the Bite agave lip mask. The regular Aquaphor also works well for severely chapped lips. I don’t know if this will help because I’m not sure how severe your condition is, but it’s worth a try. If you haven’t been to a dermatologist, I would definitely suggest seeing one because they could best answer your questions.
6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing