Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Dry Skin
|

I’m in desperate need of advice/help with my makeup routine!!

Hi everyone, I would like to start off by explaining my skin situation. In the winter time, my skin is very dry! Like badly dry! I find it so difficult to wear makeup due to the flakiness of my skin. I’m in need of a good moisturizer and foundation that works for very dry skin! Or even any products that you use with your dry skin. Thanks!!

Re: I’m in desperate need of advice/help with my makeup routine!!

@Brookie12346  I feel you and I've got some product recommendations that have been working for me.

Shower time- I like to get all the flaky skin out by exfoliating about once a week. My favorite gentle exfoliator is Kate Somerville ExfoliKate™ Intensive Exfoliating Treatment .

Day time- I use a hydrating toner, fresh Rose & Hyaluronic Acid Deep Hydration Toner , as the first step in my beauty routine. I follow with Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte’s Magic Serum with Vitamin C and let that soak in before my moisturizer. I then put on a thick, hydrating moisturizer mainly in the areas where I experience the most dryness, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid .

Night time- After I cleanse my face and apply my toner, I love using Lancome's Renergie Night Cream on my areas of dryness, again avoiding the t-zone. I am linking this product below since I can't seem to tag it.

https://www.sephora.com/product/renergie-lift-multi-action-night-P376135?skuId=1459163&icid2=products%20grid:p376135:product

For reference, I have combo skin in the winter so my t-zone can get oily at times but the outer area of my face can experience dryness and flaking if I am not proactive. I've been using most of these products for a long time and have found success with them so I hope they can help you as well 🙂

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing